Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2. - 14 (33.3%)
Murray in 3. - 21 (50%)
Del Potro in 2. - 1 (2.4%)
Del Potro in 3. - 2 (4.8%)
Match postponed after Federer runs on and complains about raindrops. - 4 (9.5%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 88 Go Down Reply
Author

IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro

(Read 14753 times)
Moozza

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #90 on: March 15, 2013, 12:52 AM »

Murray steps it up here and wins in straights. cmonandy
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #91 on: March 15, 2013, 01:55 AM »

10.30 sounds perfect! I'm excited by this match, DelPo seems like a sweetheart now which is nice. But that dosen't mean i don't want to see that ROAR Andy Wink
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #92 on: March 15, 2013, 07:54 AM »

Mind you, as Berlocq is also Argentinian, Andy might just be wanting revenge for what he claimed was gamesmanship.
Andy got his revenge by beating him.  Their shared nationality is irrelevant unless you are a tabloid by-line writer.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #93 on: March 15, 2013, 08:12 AM »

:
I've no idea, but remember that they have to fit women's matches in as well.

Well I haven't been able to watch any of his matches here, or Delpo's either, but I've a feeling that Delpo will have the edge if only on the level that Andy has played just three matches - all of them against players he should beat (although the grunting Berlocq seems to have been a bit of a handful) - since the AO.  Delpo on the other hand has had a tougher draw and also has the benefit of having played, and won, Rotterdam, so his confidence will be high.  Mind you, as Berlocq is also Argentinian, Andy might just be wanting revenge for what he claimed was gamesmanship.
I think Aileen because you haven't seen how each of Andy's opponents have come out playing lights out tennis, firing from both barrels because they had nothing to lose. Also Andy was playing a man he had never played before or only once, they on the other hand would have watched many of Andy's matches. Del Po was match fit and played against men he's played against before on a surface that has aided him. One of the reasons I think Andy has shown a Champions mentality and grit by winning through to the quarter finals. I think as his match is the second match will help Andy and he will try and move Delpo around, as he has in the past and raise his game and win through. Delighted to see 'poor old injured Fed' beaten. He was not a happy man as he has 2 players who have his measure as we see from the H2H's (Andy and Rafa) and either or one or the other will be in his side of the draw. not really yay
IP Logged
Bladder

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #94 on: March 15, 2013, 08:13 AM »

sportlemon.tv will be showing the match.
IP Logged
Bladder

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #95 on: March 15, 2013, 09:15 AM »

Her is another link for the match and they are showing it from 11.30pm.

http://lsh.streamhunter.eu/index.php?option=com_lsh&view=lsh&layout=webmaster&tmpl=component&sections=38
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #96 on: March 15, 2013, 10:19 AM »

"I've played well against him in the past," Murray said. "I think my game against the bigger guys has worked well; using a lot of variety and being able to put the ball in awkward positions for them. But if I don't play well or use that style well on the day, then I'm not going to win."

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/tennis/andy-murray-says-in-fighting-at-the-lta-must-stop.20490647

Wise words from Andy. Really hope he can keep the threat of Del potro at bay.
Good luck to Andy today.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #97 on: March 15, 2013, 10:28 AM »

:I think Aileen because you haven't seen how each of Andy's opponents have come out playing lights out tennis, firing from both barrels because they had nothing to lose. Also Andy was playing a man he had never played before or only once, they on the other hand would have watched many of Andy's matches. Del Po was match fit and played against men he's played against before on a surface that has aided him. One of the reasons I think Andy has shown a Champions mentality and grit by winning through to the quarter finals. I think as his match is the second match will help Andy and he will try and move Delpo around, as he has in the past and raise his game and win through. Delighted to see 'poor old injured Fed' beaten. He was not a happy man as he has 2 players who have his measure as we see from the H2H's (Andy and Rafa) and either or one or the other will be in his side of the draw. not really yay
I like your positive thinking Michelle but can't help but feel  nervous  
 I guess Andy himself sums up the situation as well as anyone  in the quote from matchpoint.  And I agree mp good to see Andy reflecting on future of LTA in such a balanced way and carefully avoiding become ensnared in the politics of it.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #98 on: March 15, 2013, 10:54 AM »

What channel is it on? Says Sky aren't picking up coverage again until 2am.
No way Sky won't show a Murray QF.  Sky Sports 4 at 8.30pm UK time starting with Djoker then Andy
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #99 on: March 15, 2013, 11:50 AM »

Coverage on sky starts about7-30 pm
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #100 on: March 15, 2013, 12:20 PM »

I'm counting on the fact that Murray has improved amazingly since 2009 whereas Potro has suffered a major wrist injury  which has slowed him down considerably so Murray must be the favourite to win
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #101 on: March 15, 2013, 12:26 PM »

It's obviously a step up for Andy against Delpo, but it is for Delpo too. I don't think we should forget that.

Time and again pundits have spoken about top players not playing their best in tournaments. Then, almost out of nowhere, they find their best when it is needed. Andy is very much in that category. He always has been somehow, but especially now. I think the thing about now is that Andy truly believes his best will be there, expects it of himself, so he finds it.

I think the thing with Andy so far is that he has responded well when he has needed to. He might well have not played his best, but every time he has been threatened he has come up with a response.

People will talk about the match with Berlocq and say Andy struggled. Well, he won in straight sets, so that is my kind of struggling.

Delpo is obviously a different kettle of fish for Andy, but Andy knows what he needs to do. He's done it before.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #102 on: March 15, 2013, 12:34 PM »

It's obviously a step up for Andy against Delpo, but it is for Delpo too. I don't think we should forget that.

Time and again pundits have spoken about top players not playing their best in tournaments. Then, almost out of nowhere, they find their best when it is needed. Andy is very much in that category. He always has been somehow, but especially now. I think the thing about now is that Andy truly believes his best will be there, expects it of himself, so he finds it.

I think the thing with Andy so far is that he has responded well when he has needed to. He might well have not played his best, but every time he has been threatened he has come up with a response.

People will talk about the match with Berlocq and say Andy struggled. Well, he won in straight sets, so that is my kind of struggling.

Delpo is obviously a different kettle of fish for Andy, but Andy knows what he needs to do. He's done it before.

hug Thanks Teejay-I've been feeling all tense and nervous all day about this match,but reading your post made me feel better.Just gotta trust in our man,I suppose!
C'mon Andy yay
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #103 on: March 15, 2013, 12:56 PM »

Just love Andy's roar. Looking forward to this match,but I wish Andy's match was on first the cooler it gets the better it is for Potty. As the evening wears on I will be a wreck, I just know I will!  nervous
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #104 on: March 15, 2013, 12:58 PM »

If this was a best of 5 Id say Andy was a shoe-in. However in a 3 set match its not as certain. I'll still go for Andy in 2 with at least one tie-break. Delpo is just a bit too one-dimensional IMO to get any further than 5 in the world. The only wild-card here could be the Falklands war. Delpo may see this as a match of national significance in that if he wins Britain will be forced to hand back the islands to Argentina.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 88 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »