Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2. - 14 (33.3%)
Murray in 3. - 21 (50%)
Del Potro in 2. - 1 (2.4%)
Del Potro in 3. - 2 (4.8%)
Match postponed after Federer runs on and complains about raindrops. - 4 (9.5%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 ... 88 Go Down Reply
Author

IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro

(Read 14688 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1215 on: March 16, 2013, 10:16 AM »

Come on guys seriously  think some people are being very harsh
Andy has made huge strides here even with a loss it doesn't matter who you are you can't win everything it crazy   he should be very proud of himself
Forward and up stand by your man trust me he will come back better than ever

Always the same on here bubbles. Those who doubt and think Andy is superhuman should pee off and support someone else!.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1216 on: March 16, 2013, 10:18 AM »

I see the ABM brigade are out in full force on the Daily Mail article. Clueless about Tennis as usual.

Don't even read them prod just makes a bad start to your day!!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1217 on: March 16, 2013, 10:21 AM »

Some super positive posts on here this morning. With today's tennis, style of play, excellence of fitness and new tactics, it is hard for players to keep up with the methods other contenders have found and are using to win. Andy hasn't played Delpo for some while and is usually an excellent tactician, but if, as some people suggest, he was trying out new things as well it would have been doubly difficult to be the victor. DelPo played brilliantly and it will indeed be very interesting to see how he fares against Novak and how Nadal fares against him too should he beat Berdych. DelPo is gaining in skills considerably as time goes on - always have liked him and it will be interesting to watch his progress and what tactics the other players find to gain the upper hand against him.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1218 on: March 16, 2013, 10:29 AM »

Don't even read them prod just makes a bad start to your day!!
I just put them in their place as usual :P
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1219 on: March 16, 2013, 10:39 AM »

This match was a bit of a reality check for Andy.  Bottom line is if Andy wants to take 6 weeks out for "conditioning" he is going to get horsed when he next plays a top player who is match hardened. Its his choice. Andy has actually played relatively little tennis in 4 months. 3 tournaments in total. All the other top guys have played considerably more and many of them have also played the Davis Cup. Andy says its about prolonging his career so hopefully he knows what he is doing but I don't see 31-32 year-olds like Ferrer and Fed taking such long breaks at the beginning of the season.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1220 on: March 16, 2013, 10:45 AM »

Are Berdych and Delpo finally making their move on the Big Four?
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1221 on: March 16, 2013, 11:00 AM »

No. Unless one of them win this event but I doubt either will make the final.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1222 on: March 16, 2013, 11:08 AM »

Very well said MM and TJ, well done Andy you got to the quarters and have valuable ranking points, Good luck in Miami .
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1223 on: March 16, 2013, 11:10 AM »

Federer must think it's Christmas

Why, because a player who is capable of beating him beat another player who has beaten him quite regularly? Mmm, I'm sure Fed is delighted.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1224 on: March 16, 2013, 11:17 AM »

I'd be surprised. Djokovic beats Berdych for a laugh, and Andy has made great strides on Berdych now.

I honestly think if Andy had been a bit more match tight he'd have won last night. It would have been tight, given the way Delpo was playing, but still. That's why I don't think it says very much. It will be interesting to see how well Delpo deals with Djokovic.

I think Nadal will be back in the top four before Delpo and Berdych break through to be honest. Neither Berdych or Delpo have won a Masters and I'd be surprised if that changed any time soon.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1225 on: March 16, 2013, 11:26 AM »

Very well said MM and TJ, well done Andy you got to the quarters and have valuable ranking points, Good luck in Miami .

I do like your positive posts girls.    Keep them coming.    Some of Andy's tennis last night was brilliant.    Unfortunately not enough consistency to beat Delpo who was very steady last night.    I do think Andy has lost a bit of subtlety in his play and I wonder if ball bashing against a ballbasher is the right tactic. but he can't win everything, much as I would like him to, and he's still the player I most enjoy watching.   Win or lose I love him to bits.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1226 on: March 16, 2013, 11:31 AM »

^^ Nice post Iluvandy, my sentiments exactly.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1227 on: March 16, 2013, 12:26 PM »

Masaka  MurrayMagic and Teejay  clap clap Excellent brilliant posts you guys have made!

Funny how Andy wins a slam and we expect him to never lose or put in a bad perfomance again. I agree entirely about Lendl we don't know what they've been working on --- cos he sure as hell wont tell us --lol!!!

Delpo outsmarted Andy last night. i genuinley think Andy was suprised about the variety coming from Delpos racket. its not the first time Andy has been outsmarted by a guy he used to own remember Roddick and Stefanki at Wimbledon SF 2009. It happens.

Great players like Roddick and Del Potro aren't going to be content having such poor H2H with Murray and they are going to have teams who will come up with gameplans to help them win. And ocassionally they may execute them to perfection.

Andy will have learnt alot from last night believe me!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1228 on: March 16, 2013, 12:51 PM »

I'd be surprised. Djokovic beats Berdych for a laugh, and Andy has made great strides on Berdych now.

I honestly think if Andy had been a bit more match tight he'd have won last night. It would have been tight, given the way Delpo was playing, but still. That's why I don't think it says very much. It will be interesting to see how well Delpo deals with Djokovic.

I think Nadal will be back in the top four before Delpo and Berdych break through to be honest. Neither Berdych or Delpo have won a Masters and I'd be surprised if that changed any time soon.

I also think that Nadal will be back in the top 4 before Delpo and Berdych make it there. He's not really that far off now and will be very confident after Wimbledon with no pressure to defend any points. Berdych has won one Masters title before - Paris 2005 - such a long time ago now.

When Federer drops out of the top 4 (though that might not happen for some time yet), then I think Delpo is the most likely player to take his place. He's generally very consistent (though the AO this year was surprising) and leads the head-to-head against Berdych and Tsonga.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1229 on: March 16, 2013, 01:11 PM »

Great posts Masaka, Murraymagic and TJ.  It is so good to see people with some perspective.  I had a feeling thoughout this tournie that Lendl and Andy had been working on something.  In fact, when they insisted on training in Miami instead of competing I did suspect that was going on.  Andy has 8 masters titles and 25 altogether.  Delpo is one year younger and has no masters and mush fewer titles.  So lets look at this sensibly.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 ... 88 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »