Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2. - 14 (33.3%)
Murray in 3. - 21 (50%)
Del Potro in 2. - 1 (2.4%)
Del Potro in 3. - 2 (4.8%)
Match postponed after Federer runs on and complains about raindrops. - 4 (9.5%)
Total Voters: 42

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 Go Down Reply
Author

IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro

(Read 13414 times)
Apollo
World No 1

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1275 on: March 17, 2013, 02:45 AM »

Well Delpotro beat djokovic in three sets, so he beat #3 and #1, will he now beat nadal tomorrow.   Are the vibes with him?  Should be an interesting match. And as much as I was in mourning today for Andy's sake, I now feel a little better.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1276 on: March 17, 2013, 02:49 AM »

Same as Indian wells I think give or take an hour maybe...
Miami is on eastern standard time same as New York City.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1277 on: March 17, 2013, 02:59 AM »

Back in the day when Sampras was playing the pro tour, he would complain about balls flying   had problems at Indian wells because of the balls flying, and of all the matches I watched there were a lot of wide and long balls hit be very good players.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1278 on: March 17, 2013, 07:19 AM »

Well Delpotro beat djokovic in three sets, so he beat #3 and #1, will he now beat nadal tomorrow.   Are the vibes with him?  Should be an interesting match. And as much as I was in mourning today for Andy's sake, I now feel a little better.

Me too thumb up
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1279 on: March 17, 2013, 08:37 AM »

Now perhaps those who were so critical of Andy will feel a little shame. When a player like Del Po is playing as he is and match fit even the best will lose. As to hoping Lendl would give Andy a talking to, giving him a few home truths, their wishes will never be answered as Lendl knows the greatest critic of his game is Andy himself and he will look at the positives as well as looking at the points in the game where he could have used a different tactic. The two of them know the areas they have been working on and that they take time to bed in. I would suggest seeing how often Andy came into the net has been one of those areas and he was very successful when you look at the statistics of the match.
I will as I said be cheering on Del Po as he has never won a Masters.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1280 on: March 17, 2013, 08:54 AM »

I'll be cheering for Del Potro as well. Very Happy
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1281 on: March 17, 2013, 08:57 AM »

Come on Rafa!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1282 on: March 17, 2013, 09:19 AM »

Now perhaps those who were so critical of Andy will feel a little shame. When a player like Del Po is playing as he is and match fit even the best will lose. As to hoping Lendl would give Andy a talking to, giving him a few home truths, their wishes will never be answered as Lendl knows the greatest critic of his game is Andy himself and he will look at the positives as well as looking at the points in the game where he could have used a different tactic. The two of them know the areas they have been working on and that they take time to bed in. I would suggest seeing how often Andy came into the net has been one of those areas and he was very successful when you look at the statistics of the match.
I will as I said be cheering on Del Po as he has never won a Masters.
I'd noticed Andy coming into the net more earlier in the week and I was cheered by that too.  He'd said a while ago that that was one of the parts of his game he really wanted to work on in the off season.  I think he could become one of the best volleyers ever if he just trusted himself more at the net.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1283 on: March 17, 2013, 09:25 AM »

I hope that Delpo beating Djokovic will put Andy's loss in to perspective. Both Andy and Djokovic have struggled at times during the week and Delpo has found some good form, it's as simple as that. I understand that Djokovic has complained through the week about the court surface. Bearing in mind the similarities in Andy and Djokovic's games, maybe the way they have both struggled at times makes sense.

I'm rooting for Delpo too, although I think Nadal will do it. I'm sorry, but I think Mr. Ellison has made sure, at least as much as he can, of that. I'm not suggesting he has rigged the matches, I don't see how he could, but I do think it's funny that Nadal has stayed with Ellison during the tournament and the courts suit him perfectly. Maybe I'm getting cynical in my old age, but I'd it is my honest opinion. I'd love to be proved wrong.

It will be interesting to see how Del Potro goes on, regardless if whether he wins or loses today. If he can continue to play at that level (i.e the level he was at against Andy and Djokovic) he could be a big threat for anyone. Can he do it consistently enough? We'll see.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1284 on: March 17, 2013, 10:15 AM »

Haha agree with Michele and TJ , dosnt that make Andys lost seem not so bad seeing he had so little play !!! Well done Delpo .
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1285 on: March 17, 2013, 10:39 AM »

We have a habbit of overanalyising and overeacting on here!! Its just the way we are soo passionate about Andy!!

But yes thank goodness we are all seeing sense now, Andy although not at his best lost to a great player in great form, no shame in that.

C'mon delpo take it all son!!
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1286 on: March 17, 2013, 11:29 AM »

Vamos Rafa!!!!

It's good to see though that Del Potro backed it up. Smile
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1287 on: March 17, 2013, 11:43 AM »

I think Rafa vs Del Potro will be a great match,  7-3 head to head in Rafito's favour but they haven't faced since 2011. Del Potro's last win against Nadal was in 2009, in the US Open, and before his Quarter Final win over Andy here in Indian Wells his last win against Andy was also in 09. He did it against Andy, let's see if he can do it against Rafito.

Vamos DelPotro!!!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1288 on: March 17, 2013, 01:38 PM »

I agree. I don't know why we are going at each other when deep down inside we all want Andy to do well and wish him the best. Things are said in the heat of the moment and should be forgotten immediately, especially when they don't say the same things during every match. It was a very tough loss and emotion could run at a time like this. Not everyone is going to act or express their opinions the same way. It's all momentary IMH. Most times it's best to let it go and move on. Andy and his career won't rely on our opinions rest assured but it's always interesting to read different views.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean March 17, 2013, 02:05 PM ] IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: IW QF: Murray vs Del Potro « Reply #1289 on: March 17, 2013, 02:22 PM »

I believe by God if you beat my guy you better be good enough to win the whole thing, so I'm rooting for Delpotro. He had nole talking to himself and shaking his head. And if you compare the stats they were somewhat similar to Andy's match except for the df's. UE's were 40 nole to 34..

Btw the doubles winners were the team that knocked Andy and Jaimie out.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »