Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez  (Read 5313 times)
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #390 on: March 11, 2012, 09:48 AM »

Of course lopez was going for broke. Andy is getting a reputation for being vunerable in first round matches. I was watching the early scores yesterday and alot of players like Berdych, Wavrinka, Simon and Roddick all struggled but they all won in the end. However you look at it this is a bad loss we can all make excuses for him but for me "Sh*t just happens" isnt good enough. I tell everyone Andy is going to win a slam this year but not sure I really believe it (at the moment) still one consolation he had no points to protect! So disappointed.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #391 on: March 11, 2012, 09:56 AM »

Just woke up this now and was eager to see how Andy got on, and after reading only two posts I get it that he lost, Oh no! Why does Andy do this, it has happend a lot loosing in the first round. Ivan better get his whip out! Roll on Miami, no interest in this tournament now.  
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #392 on: March 11, 2012, 09:59 AM »

Of course I feel disappointed but Andy is only human.. you cant win them all.. I didnt see the match ... Interesting that Andy got a night match.. where he normally gets a day match.. Conspiracy?!..hmm I will always believe in Andy no matter what He Just had a off day today.. im having flasblacks to the 2 previous years Andy plays American HC season *runs away*  Onwards and Upwards for Miami. cmon yeah  there is still the doubles Very Happy.  Andy will be gutted.. poor guy. Just needs to get Llendl back and teach him a few things. I love being a Murray fan... Its probably the most emotional rollercoaster that you will ever experience in your life!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #393 on: March 11, 2012, 10:01 AM »

So Andy lost 6-4, 6-2 to a player ranked No.92??  Utterly disappointed Frown  I hope this isn't another post-AO slump despite Lendl.

I don't think it is a slump because of the AO Aileen, he just did not play way well.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
Challenger Level

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #394 on: March 11, 2012, 10:11 AM »

Absolutely dreadful! So much for getting ready for the US Masters swing. At least he did not try to excuse his performance other than to say he did not know what went wrong.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #395 on: March 11, 2012, 10:17 AM »

Pretty obvious that Lendl isn't actually making any difference.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #396 on: March 11, 2012, 10:19 AM »

well Lendl wasnt there at IW!                                             
IP Logged
Lucky Loser
Challenger Level

Damed if we do & Damned if we don't!

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #397 on: March 11, 2012, 10:36 AM »

"I didn't move my best tonight, but it didn't feel like I was moving really badly," said Murray, who was playing his first match since reaching the Dubai final. "My return let me down, and he hardly missed the ball, either. That's the thing. The level of tennis nowadays you get no easy first round matches and you play poor match, that's what happens. So can't allow it to happen. I don't know exactly why because I was playing really, really good tennis the whole of the week and the buildup to it."

Sometimes, sh*t just happens. 

I'll be watching livescores for the doubles but I'll be back for Miami
yes

I haven't watched the match yet or read all of the postings re the match. However, having read some I totally agree with Bevc. This time last year we were all shouting for Andy to get a coach - he has, and as far as I can see his game is changing due to Lendel's input. A BBC report I read first thing this morning suggested that his backhand went awol - I've noticed this in many of his matches since Ivan has been taken on board. Obviously, the tactic atm is to be more aggressive/improve the first and second serve and his forehand (which he has) it's becoming a huge weapon -  but maybe to the initial detriment of what was an amazing backhand. The match stats suggest that he was having a particularly bad day (again) and that G-Lopez was on his game. That's all!

It's not Jet-lag, it's not psychological (thank God) it was just a bad night. I'm sure the Murray team will be fully analysing what went on and working on those aspects in the next ten days. Roll on Miami - and let's all just hope this is yet another blip and also that more lessons will have been learned.
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #398 on: March 11, 2012, 11:07 AM »

I am with Victor Meldrew!!!! So disappointing for Andy and for his backhand to let him down really is strange. Now we wait for Miami and hope he is back on his game.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #399 on: March 11, 2012, 11:23 AM »

nah You have to take the rough with the smooth.
OH Bev you never said a truer word - especially with AM! The smooth must be coming soon, mustn't it?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #400 on: March 11, 2012, 11:23 AM »

Of course lopez was going for broke. Andy is getting a reputation for being vunerable in first round matches. I was watching the early scores yesterday and alot of players like Berdych, Wavrinka, Simon and Roddick all struggled but they all won in the end. However you look at it this is a bad loss we can all make excuses for him but for me "Sh*t just happens" isnt good enough. I tell everyone Andy is going to win a slam this year but not sure I really believe it (at the moment) still one consolation he had no points to protect! So disappointed.

no I'm not making excuses but sometimes things just don't go how you want them, and IMO that is called life. It's so very easy to call it from the side lines but none of us are Andy. I have my off days, and I'm sure that Andy's no different. Mine is less public than his. Yep, it's disapponting that he lost but no-one forced me to watch or be a fan. I'd like to say that I was there when he wins his first slam but should it never (which I doubt it) then what? Life just carries on regardless.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #401 on: March 11, 2012, 11:53 AM »

Rome was not built in a day!
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #402 on: March 11, 2012, 12:39 PM »

Rome was not built in a day!

I so agree with you Chris, we all have to be patient. it will be a while before we see any significant change to our Andy's game which can be attributed solely to Lendl.
IP Logged
reef
Junior

coral reef

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #403 on: March 11, 2012, 01:32 PM »

The only thing Murray is consistent at is losing in the first round to someone ranked between 80 upwards. Bevc is right, forget Indian Wells and hope for better things in Miami.

Yes and at this stage in his career (at almost 25) this simply should not be happening and needs never to happen again - I genuinely thought matches like this were a thing of the past and that (as in Dubai) he might struggle but fight through somehow. 

Sometimes I just wish I could get in his head - because I'm convinced that's the source of his problems.  SO frustrating....
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #404 on: March 11, 2012, 02:03 PM »

jk at 9.49 - I love your ability to take something positive out of a big dip on the roller coaster. I'm afraid it's days like these when I wish I wasn't so devoted to our Andy.  But it's a reminder that we pay for the ups with the downs.
As for boogers just stupid to say that Lendl isn't making a difference.  It may be that his influence wasn't apparent in this match as I didn't see it, but the fact that Andy is tending to come in more and stand closer to base line is surely an important difference he has made.  And perhaps the bh going awol is, as LL said, part of the adjustment to playing a more aggressive fh.  Do hope that Lendl hasn't messed with it in some way but don't believe he will have done given what he has said about not changing what is working (or something like that).
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »