Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez

(Read 6444 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « on: March 09, 2012, 06:15 AM »

So Garcia-Lopez it is in round 2 for Andy.

These 2 met very recently in 2011, at the AO, where Andy came away the winner in straight sets.

No schedules for the weekend yet, so date and time tba.

H2H to keep you going in the meantime - thanks to John for the piccy of Andy. goodjob

* Murray vs Garcia-Lopez.jpg (181.72 KB, 735x759 - viewed 549 times.)
[ Last edit by Bevc March 09, 2012, 08:11 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 06:18 AM »

Most of the last set at the Aussie Open - just to get you all in the mood.

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 06:18 AM »

The Head to Head is good and let's hope Andy keeps his head...Wink
BTW all you nervous folk- I have no worries. yay
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 07:18 AM »

Where are we!  When is this happening please?  I see I need to catch up!
I thought Andy did not play til the weekend sometime?
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 07:24 AM »

That was last year's AO, Bev! lol

Wow, so I assume this will be Saturday then, meaning Andy gets the more favourable round scheduling for once? shocking
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 08:10 AM »

That was last year's AO, Bev! lol

Embarassed blush lol

Actually, I remember now.  I 'missed' this match.  Andy was on Rod Laver and we had tickets for Hisense, and as WTA were playing, I got bored very quickly and I noticed that Jamie was playing doubles with Xavier on one of the outside courts, so I went to watch him.  Andy won and Jamie/Xavier lost, to Tipsy and his partner, can't remember his name.
[ Last edit by Bevc March 09, 2012, 08:15 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 08:16 AM »

Where are we!  When is this happening please?  I see I need to catch up!

It looks like he isn't - I'm just trying to eliviate the boredom a bit lol

Nole and Rafa are both in doubles action on friday - both on centre court - Nole 2nd match on during the day and Rafa 1st match of the evening.

British interest on Friday is Elena Baltacha on court 8 vs Julia Goerges - she's 1st on that court.
[ Last edit by Bevc March 09, 2012, 08:22 AM ] IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 09:41 AM »

Where are we!  When is this happening please?  I see I need to catch up!

We're in the Californian desert, in a town which seems to be made exclusively of country clubs, it's the first Masters 1000 tourney of the year and Murray should be playing tomorrow (Saturday)! lol
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 10:29 AM »

Is the assumption that Andy is playing Saturday based on evidence or wishful thinking? [if he is I hope it's not too early as I'm out saturday evening]
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 10:32 AM »

Is the assumption that Andy is playing Saturday based on evidence or wishful thinking? [if he is I hope it's not too early as I'm out saturday evening]

Well as Garcia-Lopez played yesterday, I'd assume that means that Andy's half of the draw is playing tomorrow again, given that it tends to work by each half of the draw playing on alternate days up until the QFs. Much like the early rounds of the Slams. Think
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 01:03 PM »

Thanks for the Highlights game Bevc, I must of missed that game last year.  Here's hoping for a similarly efficient performance from Andy tomorrow!   clap

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 01:14 PM »

Thanks for the Highlights game Bevc, I must of missed that game last year.  Here's hoping for a similarly efficient performance from Andy tomorrow!   clap

Yes, it would be good to see some of that ruthlessly efficient stuff from Andy next week. The commentary on that clip was mad though - like two guys chatting in a bar with a game on somewhere in the background!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 05:00 PM »

Garica Lopez peaked end of 2010 and then in 2011, he was nowhere to be found. Andy to win in straight.

I see Mayan calendar is out. Is Andy to win this title? Or should we reserve our verdict until the very last minute? :p
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 11:23 PM »

Yes, it would be good to see some of that ruthlessly efficient stuff from Andy next week. The commentary on that clip was mad though - like two guys chatting in a bar with a game on somewhere in the background!

Quite agree with you, it was strangely unrelated to the ongoing match.  Preferrable in many ways to some of the obnoxious sentiments and habitual mindsets that many (often English) commentators convey, unwittingly or not,  about Andy.  These passionate people were talking tennis, rather than the parasites on stations like Eurosport.   computersmilie
IP Logged
dave_ladder
Junior

Re: IW 2012 R2: Murray vs Garcia-Lopez « Reply #14 on: March 10, 2012, 12:10 AM »

They've got Murray - Garcia-Lopez on tomorrow's schedule for "not before 8.30 PM" (4.30 AM UK time).
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »