Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: A quarter final place beckons for the winner.  Who will it be?
Andy in 2? - 32 (88.9%)
Carlos in 2? - 0 (0%)
Andy in 3? - 3 (8.3%)
Carlos in 3? - 0 (0%)
Play abandoned when Fed runs on court panicking that there's an earthquake, only to find out a large truck had just rumbled by...... - 1 (2.8%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 Go Down Reply
Author

IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq

(Read 6901 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq « Reply #585 on: March 14, 2013, 03:06 AM »

When is Andy's next match?
He's not on the OOP for tomorrow, so presumably Friday local time.
IP Logged
janeyd3

Mogwi in Miami eating acai

Re: IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq « Reply #586 on: March 14, 2013, 03:27 AM »

Thanks!
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq « Reply #587 on: March 14, 2013, 05:55 AM »

How bad was the grunting?  I thought that if the noise goes on long enough for it to still be going on the return shot the player could be penalised.  I know Serena Wiliams certainly has been penalised for this.  Hopefully this noisy play will not start on the men's tour!!!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq « Reply #588 on: March 14, 2013, 07:15 AM »

Andy has played absolute pants this tournament.   Just playing far too defensive.      Berlocq was bossing that match for quite a long time.    Berlocq ?!?!   That's Worrying.      He will be lucky to reach the semis tbh. 
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq « Reply #589 on: March 14, 2013, 08:51 AM »

wave Morning Gang!

Sorry I had to disappear on you last night-my computer is quite terrible in that unfortunately it sometimes decides it can't handle more than on e window open at a time,and just keeps freezing until you close all the rest. So I was left to panic my way through all the shaky moments of the match on my own-and honestly I couldn't decide whether I was better or worse at handling them on my own than I wouldn've been on here  w00t

Can't say it was a match I loved watching-Berlocq was SERIOUSLY annoying me!-but Andy got the win in the end,and that's what counts Very Happy
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq « Reply #590 on: March 14, 2013, 09:07 AM »

Then why state an opinion as if it were fact?

Where did I ever do that? All I did was say "horrible match" it's not like I said "horrible match and that's a fact"
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq « Reply #591 on: March 14, 2013, 12:06 PM »

Andy has played absolute pants this tournament.   Just playing far too defensive.      Berlocq was bossing that match for quite a long time.    Berlocq ?!?!   That's Worrying.      He will be lucky to reach the semis tbh. 
Did you watch the match? Stop spouting ****. He was far from defensive and Berlocq was certainly not bossing the match.

Where did I ever do that? All I did was say "horrible match" it's not like I said "horrible match and that's a fact"
'but this match was not entertaining... I'm not saying Andy played bad, just the entertainment value, it was not there.'
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq « Reply #592 on: March 14, 2013, 01:16 PM »

Not watched this match yet. Was the grunting at Sharapova level or not as bad. I think the edge in this match could hve been due to the Falklands sovereignty issues. This guy Derlocq obviously saw this match as a continuation of the war. I'm just surprised he didn't drive onto the court in a tank. If Andy beats Delpo that should finish off the Argies for good.
[ Last edit by BigNose March 14, 2013, 01:22 PM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq « Reply #593 on: March 14, 2013, 01:18 PM »

Did you watch the match? Stop spouting sh*t. He was far from defensive and Berlocq was certainly not bossing the match.

'but this match was not entertaining... I'm not saying Andy played bad, just the entertainment value, it was not there.'

Again, I never said that was fact, I was giving my opinion... If I had said, "the entertainment value, it was not there, and that's a fact" then maybe you would have a point.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq « Reply #594 on: March 14, 2013, 01:31 PM »

Not watched this match yet. Was the grunting at Sharapova level or not as bad. I think the edge in this match could hve been due to the Falklands sovereignty issues. This guy Derlocq obviously saw this match as a continuation of the war. I'm just surprised he didn't drive onto the court in a tank. If Andy beats Delpo that should finish off the Argies for good.
If you haven't watched the match, why come out with such a ridiculous observation? There's more than a hint of xenophobia there. Judge the man on the evidence, not your prejudices, please.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq « Reply #595 on: March 14, 2013, 01:37 PM »

He said it wasnt a pretty match, he felt Berlocq played well in 1st set being aggressive. Then both played poorly in 2nd set. he said struggled with conditions on this court at night and he he had timing issues.

He said Berloq complained about taking tooo much time so he then complained about the grunting, and Berloqs grunting is the loud he's heard.

Berlocq's gruntings were really loud. I was on my headphones so I could hear it very well. Though I get that Andy complained to get back to Berlocq's original complain about Andy taking too much time, I would have preferred it had Andy avoided that scenario altogether about complaining back. It can be very distracting and in the 2nd set, you could tell that Andy was distracted by all this nonsense. In reality, Berlocq’s loud grunting didn’t bother Andy as much but would have loved him to digest that temptation as well. Andy was rattled by his complain because he is hardly the person who takes longer time than assigned in between.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq « Reply #596 on: March 14, 2013, 01:59 PM »

Has Berlocq being doing this in every match or only in this one?  I would have thought Andy would have heard about it if had been.  The noise on a video of him at Davis Cup was so loud you could hear it above the Davis Cup noise.   Andy does not waste time between points.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq « Reply #597 on: March 14, 2013, 02:11 PM »

" It can be very distracting and in the 2nd set, you could tell that Andy was distracted by all this nonsense. In reality, Berlocq’s loud grunting didn’t bother Andy as much but would have loved him to digest that temptation as well. Andy was rattled by his complain because he is hardly the person who takes longer time than assigned in between. "

Interesting remark because it sounds like we know what Andy was thinking when Berlocq was grunting away, or we know what Andy's intentions were when Berlocq complained about Andy taking too much time.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq « Reply #598 on: March 14, 2013, 02:12 PM »

Again, I never said that was fact, I was giving my opinion... If I had said, "the entertainment value, it was not there, and that's a fact" then maybe you would have a point.
The implication was evident.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: IW R4: Murray vs Berlocq « Reply #599 on: March 14, 2013, 03:02 PM »

Berlocq's gruntings were really loud. I was on my headphones so I could hear it very well. Though I get that Andy complained to get back to Berlocq's original complain about Andy taking too much time, I would have preferred it had Andy avoided that scenario altogether about complaining back. It can be very distracting and in the 2nd set, you could tell that Andy was distracted by all this nonsense. In reality, Berlocq’s loud grunting didn’t bother Andy as much but would have loved him to digest that temptation as well. Andy was rattled by his complain because he is hardly the person who takes longer time than assigned in between.

Yeah....however I think that Andy has had enough of some of the 'distraction' tactics of many players on the tour...he is having a go back at them more and more it seems. I also think that was 100% of Berlocq's game plan ...to do whatever he could to knock Andy out of his stride. I always think that the best way to deal with arrogance is to dish it right back at em x 2....but hey Im a fellow scot so maybe just inherent psyche Smile

Was a weird match in terms of the lack of quality play... which the stats kinda contradict. Shows the lack of value stats have I guess.
It seemed like a battle of will out on the court ...so in that sense I found it an interesting contest.

[ Last edit by ABF March 14, 2013, 03:14 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »