Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will be victorious?
Andy? - 15 (93.8%)
Rafa? - 1 (6.3%)
Stuff tennis - there's a rugby world cup on! - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 Go Down Reply
Author

Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal

(Read 5367 times)
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #525 on: October 09, 2011, 03:42 PM »

Andy.......I have to say this, just in case you should drop in for a read! What you did today was nothing short of phenominal! Nadal brought his best game.....his very best game to you and you just blew him away! shocking Did you have a new game plan or did you just find something within yourself that we, your fans 'always' knew was there? Whatever it was, I want you to know, you have made a lot of people very happy today! You gave us a day that we are unlikely to forget in a hurry and for this, I thank you! You have a good rest now son and give your body time to recover. See you in Shanghai........Can't wait!  hug
Caz that is so sweet,I don't know if he reads on here but he jolly well should.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #526 on: October 09, 2011, 03:47 PM »

Andy.......I have to say this, just in case you should drop in for a read! What you did today was nothing short of phenominal! Nadal brought his best game.....his very best game to you and you just blew him away! shocking Did you have a new game plan or did you just find something within yourself that we, your fans 'always' knew was there? Whatever it was, I want you to know, you have made a lot of people very happy today! You gave us a day that we are unlikely to forget in a hurry and for this, I thank you! You have a good rest now son and give your body time to recover. See you in Shanghai........Can't wait!  hug
And so say all of us!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #527 on: October 09, 2011, 03:52 PM »

Ditto!  Go Andy!!!!  yay yay yay
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #528 on: October 09, 2011, 04:04 PM »

Yes Caz you said in a lovely way we all felt this morning. We knew Andy had it in him and he proved it too us all. It just shows him how we his true fans feel about him.
Thank you for expressing it so well for all of us. Andy is great and we will never forget his win in Tokyo, hope there are many more like this to follow. hug hug hug
IP Logged
LIBANY
Satellite Level

Connecting to multiple grand slams Murray!

Re: Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #529 on: October 09, 2011, 04:06 PM »

ANDY finally played like we knew he could do: a large, beautiful game. Combining tactics, strength, precision, and he delighted us dream ... carried out in the third set. we have a new born Andy, now ready to pick up a grand slam!

I am so happy to see him finally rewarded for all his efforts, his obstinacy.
Andy is a brilliant talent that he manages to keep affirm mentally on track.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #530 on: October 09, 2011, 04:23 PM »

ANDY finally played like we knew he could do: a large, beautiful game. Combining tactics, strength, precision, and he delighted us dream ... carried out in the third set. we have a new born Andy, now ready to pick up a grand slam!

I am so happy to see him finally rewarded for all his efforts, his obstinacy.
Andy is a brilliant talent that he manages to keep affirm mentally on track.
Totally agree.Perhaps people will get off his back now.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #531 on: October 09, 2011, 04:26 PM »

It really was incredible tennis in that third set - Ive never seen him play like that before except perhaps against Roddick at Queens once. I hope the British media give this astonishing victory the coverage it deserves - about two mins after the game ended BBC Radio Scotland were reporting it and the reporter sounded almost choked with excitement - that is the kind of reaction we need from the Beeb and Sky - lets all email Sky now and tell them to big it up.  trophy trophy trophy trophy
IP Logged
onefitgolfer

exiled in the US

Re: Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #532 on: October 09, 2011, 05:32 PM »

hi guys, haven't posted for a while but just wanted to comment that it's astonishing Andy doesn't get the same kind of coverage as other spportsmen in the UK. He will be not only confident from this last 2 weeks but so much more mentally stronger. Someone like him that keeps on trying his very best each and every time, even when the media try to put him down, willl eventually be rewarded with a GS. If he plays like today, it just can't not happen! I got up @1.30 am , half-watched the 1st set then really got into it midway through the 2nd set & even though I was only watching on my little notebook and the stream kept slowing down etc. there is sometimes something that happens to Andy when you just KNOW he's going to do it. thx for all you comments guys, especially at the points of the matches where I can't watch and I juat follow you lot on here!lol
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #533 on: October 09, 2011, 05:44 PM »

Andy's performance in the second part of the second set and the whole third set was one of the most impressive that I have ever seen.
Just keep up the good work, Andy!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #534 on: October 09, 2011, 06:22 PM »

MT: Against Roddick and Meltzer, I've seen him play incredible, flawless tennis...but here he's been incredible for two days running and against 5 and 2.
Set 3 today was as good as it gets, as good as anything I've seen Federer deliver, can't say anything better than that!
Am SO excited  bounce, just maybe Andy is at last claiming his kingdom  clapping
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #535 on: October 09, 2011, 06:49 PM »

Having cried with happiness all day, I can now with calmness congratulate Andy and Jamie on being worthy champions. Well done, lads! It was magnificent from both of you.

This morning, I left home at 6.15 am to watch the match on my office computer. As I do not have a laptop and as my daughter was sleeping in the room occupied by the desk-top, I had no choice in the matter. It could not have been better for the Murrays and for all MW fans.

Once again may I remind you that Andy has repeatedly stated that his best tennis years would be between the ages of 23 and 26. This still leaves him with 2 more years to let the first and subsequent Slams happen.

I also like to restate my believe that just as Djokovic's magical 2011 began with Serbia's success in the DC of 2010, I expected that Andy's run in the latter stages of 2011 would continue into 2012, having begun with GB's DC's success in Braehead.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #536 on: October 09, 2011, 07:23 PM »

Congrats to Andy that was phenomenal and then to repeat the same thing with Jamie - immense.  You have made your true fans (that's the ones that know what you will do and what you will achieve one day and stick with you through good and bad) so very very proud.  Nadal looked shell shocked - he has Plan A which 99% of the time works (untill it comes to Djoko) he had no idea what to do once Andy unleashed the shackles.  I have posted a couple of times this week to say that Andy looks like a man on a mission, he knows what he wants and he knows how to get it.  Just hope he has enough left in the tank to defend Shanghai - playing like he did today it will not be a problem - he was awesome in every sense of the word.  Come on Andy this is your time and we will all be here rooting for you.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #537 on: October 09, 2011, 07:38 PM »

Andy.......I have to say this, just in case you should drop in for a read! What you did today was nothing short of phenominal! Nadal brought his best game.....his very best game to you and you just blew him away! shocking Did you have a new game plan or did you just find something within yourself that we, your fans 'always' knew was there? Whatever it was, I want you to know, you have made a lot of people very happy today! You gave us a day that we are unlikely to forget in a hurry and for this, I thank you! You have a good rest now son and give your body time to recover. See you in Shanghai........Can't wait!  hug
Really hope Andy does read that Caz as it speaks for us all, so well.
As for the media - well forget it, at least BBC radio.  I had 6music on this morning.  They gave it a brief mention in their first sports bulletin after Andy had sealed it and then zilch.   doh
DK about the tv and not looked on line at the papers.  But sure hope there's big coverage tomorrow.
[ Last edit by Ruthie October 09, 2011, 07:41 PM ] IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #538 on: October 09, 2011, 07:40 PM »

Mohammed! yay

We were chuffed to see him in the chair too!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Japan Open Final: Murray vs Nadal « Reply #539 on: October 09, 2011, 07:52 PM »

Just watched the replay of the match on Sky. What can you say about Andy he was superb and I was in awe of him in the third set. Nadal never looked as though he was gpoing to win a game in the last set.  Andy was great I cannot praise him enough. A great win for him and this should be a stepping stone towards more wins. He played with aggression and skill this is how he should play. He will have many more wins to come. yay yay yay
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »