Andy Murray vs Santiago Giraldo, Sunday, 4:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  knighting andy murray
Poll
should we Knight Andy MURRAY  (Voting closed: July 21, 2013, 06:57 PM)
yes - 15 (48.4%)
no - 2 (6.5%)
not yet - 14 (45.2%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Reply

knighting andy murray

Quote from: eeyorebob link=topic=26358.msg959230#msg959230
It WILL come
espcially when he wins Wimbly again Very Happy
[/quote

To be honest with you I think he has got it in the bag regardless of whether he wins Wimbledon again. 77 years is a long time.
IP Logged
dex

A CBE is just one down from a knighthood.
IP Logged

Protocol! you cant upgrade THAT SOON from an OBE to a Knighthood, you can upgrade OTHER honours within a short time frame (so Jessica Ennis got an OBE and was UPGRADED to a CBE after the 2012 Olympics - its not the same thing as a CBE isnt as high as a knighthood, so there are protocols in place for it. 

It WILL come
espcially when he wins Wimbly again Very Happy
I'd really prefer that he got it once his career is over no matter how often he wins Wimbledon.
IP Logged

I'd really prefer that he got it once his career is over no matter how often he wins Wimbledon.

I wanted him to get one. I am certain he will. Now is not the right time. I am inclined to agree with you, when he hangs up his raquet will be the right time.  Bradley Wiggins's knighthood has just made him look an idiot in my opinion.
IP Logged

I wanted him to get one. I am certain he will. Now is not the right time. I am inclined to agree with you, when he hangs up his raquet will be the right time.  Bradley Wiggins's knighthood has just made him look an idiot in my opinion.
Bradley has made himself look like an idiot, without any help from the Knighthood!
IP Logged

Bradley has made himself look like an idiot, without any help from the Knighthood!

Fair point although I actually think Wiggins has probably always been an idiot. It seems integral to his whole being. I also think he has made the fatal mistake of starting to believe his own publicity.
IP Logged

Fair point although I actually think Wiggins has probably always been an idiot. It seems integral to his whole being. I also think he has made the fatal mistake of starting to believe his own publicity.
That's what I meant.  No help for the Knighthood needed! 
IP Logged

That's what I meant.  No help for the Knighthood needed! 

That's because knighthoods are irrelevant - the guinea stamp.       The man's the gowd.   
IP Logged

The man's the gowd.   
What does than mean?  Never heard that before.
IP Logged

What does than mean?  Never heard that before.

God.
IP Logged

God.
Oh - silly me.  I thought that was you!  Very Happy
IP Logged

Rabbie Burns  -  The rank is but the guinea stamp - The man's the gowd for a' that.   When he wrote it, the guinea was a guinea's worth of gold.   It wasn't the stamp which held the value.   Coins are different now but I believe it still holds good for people.
IP Logged

Rabbie Burns  -  The rank is but the guinea stamp - The man's the gowd for a' that.   When he wrote it, the guinea was a guinea's worth of gold.   It wasn't the stamp which held the value.   Coins are different now but I believe it still holds good for people.
Ah - I see.  Thanks for that.  Can't say I know a lot of Burns poetry or much about the man - shame on me!
IP Logged

Ah - I see.  Thanks for that.  Can't say I know a lot of Burns poetry or much about the man - shame on me!

I think he had charisma in spades, Elly.
IP Logged

I think he had charisma in spades, Elly.
Then he'll do for me!  Very Happy

[ Last edit by Elly January 10, 2014, 11:13 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Reply