We are not in possession of the all if any of the facts so we cannot compare this problem to any we have experience of. Only Andy, his team and medics know what the problem is. I am sure they will give him the best advice possible and then it is up to him.. Andy is highly intelligent and so I expect him to make a good decision.
This may have been posted elsewhere but it's from Andy's Facebook and dated 15 May -
"Had a hit with Dolgopolov on the clay in Rome yesterday, all is good, early to bed last night, 2nd up today against Granollers.
No hint of a problem there, so are we now looking a new injury or a sudden unexpected aggravation of an existing condition? Also there are reports that the injury is to his hip and not his back.
All a bit confusing really - but I think Andy should forget about RG. Given that a decision won't be made until Wednesday it isn't leaving him much time to prepare for RG, if he does decide to play, where he won't have the luxury of a R1 bye, and, quite frankly, the way things have been going recently, he's so lacking in match practice on clay anyway that an embarrassingly early exit could well be on the cards, so would it really be worth all the hassle and disappointment? I know the decision is ultimately up to him, but that's just my own thoughts on the matter.
At least he's not going to be short of match practice before Wimbledon because, as well as Queens, he confirmed last week that he would be playing at The Hurlingham Club - http://www.bnpparibastennisclassic.com/world-no-2-andy-murray-confirmed-for-hurlingham/