Direct quote from Andy's agent. They started by saying 'breaking Andy Murray news' I thought he'd withdrawn. Russell Fuller then came on and said Andy's agent (Matt Gentle?) had just told him that the RG decision had been pushed out to Wednesday. Fuller seemed to suggest that the injury was perhaps not as bad as first feared.
Thanks, that's good to know.
I'm always a bit sceptical when there are no sources involved. I'm not doubting that you heard correctly, but so often these days, people in the media act like they are giving exclusive new information, when actually they are just repeating something they read on twitter, which they presume must be true, because three different people tweeted it, even though two just copied the first person, who got it from local radio, who were talking about something they'd read in a two day old copy of The Sun, which was based on a report published the day before on the BBC News, based on the original statement Andy gave after the match.
I say, it's good to keep them guessing, but even better to make sure he's making the right decision. It's obviously a chronic problem, which is made worse by playing on clay and the nurturing part of me is thinking "it's not worth it!", while the competitive part of me is worrying about losing points and relinquishing the #2 spot to Fed again!
Whichever option he takes will be a calculated risk. If he enters, it will be in the hope of earning some valuable points, but how many would he hope to earn to make it worth it? The longer he stays in, the more it will aggravate the injury, and the bigger risk to his play in the following weeks.
IMO, if there is any doubt, he should rest up, then start gentle training for the grass season. If he's up to it, and especially if he's worried about missing match play, I'd have him entering doubles at Queens, boosting his match practice as well as those all important net skills.