Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 21 Go Down Reply
Author

Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros

(Read 10899 times)
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #105 on: May 21, 2013, 04:01 PM »

He so darned good-looking.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #106 on: May 21, 2013, 04:20 PM »

He's also one of the very few men I've known who actually look really good, and sexy, wearing casual clothing like that. wub
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #107 on: May 21, 2013, 04:50 PM »

Direct quote from Andy's agent.  They started by saying 'breaking Andy Murray news' I thought he'd withdrawn.   Russell Fuller then came on and said Andy's agent (Matt Gentle?) had just told him that the RG decision had been pushed out to Wednesday.  Fuller seemed to suggest that the injury was perhaps not as bad as first feared.
Thanks Batz, Andys agent is Matt Gentry , he is a really lovely guy, lets hope it's good news.Smile
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #108 on: May 21, 2013, 04:52 PM »

Can we have a countdown clock to the announcement?
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #109 on: May 21, 2013, 04:55 PM »

Photos of Andy taken last night leaving his fave resturant, Nobu, which he visited with Dani and Ross.  Whatever might be going on with his back at least it's great to see him looking happy and so relaxed.

Great photos Aileen, dosnt he look lovely , bless him.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #110 on: May 21, 2013, 05:23 PM »

Can we have a countdown clock to the announcement?
Ha-ha.  Well for one thing we've no idea when the announcement is likely to be made, although it'll almost certainly come from his agent, with perhaps a comment by Andy on Facebook.  I'd expect it to be in the early part of the day, if he does decide to play, because then he's going to have to get over to RG pretty sharpish.

Although photos can be deceptive, I do have a feeling that a conclusion has more or less already been reached, and that whatever it is Andy is quite relieved about it.

Great photos Aileen, dosnt he look lovely , bless him.
I really should thank dani for alerting me to the source of these pics, more of which she's posted on the Murray Pictures thread.
[ Last edit by Aileen May 21, 2013, 05:42 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #111 on: May 21, 2013, 05:38 PM »

Ha-ha.  Well for one thing we've no idea when the announcement is likely to be made, although it'll almost certainly come from his agent, with perhaps a comment by Andy on Facebook.  I'd expect it to be in the early part of the day, if he does decide to play, because then he's going to have to get over to RG pretty sharpish.

Although photos can be deceptive I do have a feeling that a conclusion has more or less already been reached, and that whatever it is Andy is quite relieved about it.

Are you suggesting, he will probably play?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #112 on: May 21, 2013, 05:46 PM »

Mike Dickson ‏@Mike_Dickson_DM
Latest on Andy Murray: Another scan today, another meeting with his team tomorrow mid-day and decision re French soon afterwards.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #113 on: May 21, 2013, 05:52 PM »

Are you suggesting, he will probably play?
No. I merely meant that he could be relieved at getting some answers as to what the problem is, because in situations like this not knowing is often worse than knowing.

Anyway see dani's post above.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #114 on: May 21, 2013, 05:54 PM »

Andy Murray has been advised to skip the French Open to focus on Wimbledon by serial SW19 runner-up-turned-champion Goran Ivanisevic.

The Croatian reached three Wimbledon finals — 1992, 1994 and 1998 — before winning the title 12 years ago (below) and he believes Murray’s chances of claiming a home Grand Slam victory will improve by missing Roland Garros if his back injury does not get better.

Murray, who was runner-up to Roger Federer at Wimbledon last year, is still to decide if he will participate on the clay in Paris.

“He’s not the favourite in the French, a lot of guys can beat him there,” said Ivanisevic. “If he’s not 100 per cent I think he and Ivan [Lendl, Murray’s coach] will decide not to play, which is better.

“He can get ready for Wimbledon. His chance this year is huge and I don’t think he wants to risk it, playing in the French and injuring himself more.”
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #115 on: May 21, 2013, 06:09 PM »

Ha-ha.  Well for one thing we've no idea when the announcement is likely to be made, although it'll almost certainly come from his agent, with perhaps a comment by Andy on Facebook.  I'd expect it to be in the early part of the day, if he does decide to play, because then he's going to have to get over to RG pretty sharpish.

Although photos can be deceptive, I do have a feeling that a conclusion has more or less already been reached, and that whatever it is Andy is quite relieved about it.

I really should thank dani for alerting me to the source of these pics, more of which she's posted on the Murray Pictures thread.
well thank you both. Smile
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #116 on: May 21, 2013, 06:14 PM »

well thank you both. Smile

No problem at all,Aileen and Deb Smile

Like you Aileen,I was delighted to see that,even if it can't be an easy time for him,he's still able to go out and have a good time with his friends.I was really happy to see Ross too-great to see that he's well enough to be out and about and enjoying himself.Ross also posted on twitter about having had a brilliant dinner and how nice it was to catch up,so it sounds like they had a really good time yay
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #117 on: May 21, 2013, 06:15 PM »

Andy Murray has been advised to skip the French Open to focus on Wimbledon by serial SW19 runner-up-turned-champion Goran Ivanisevic.

The Croatian reached three Wimbledon finals — 1992, 1994 and 1998 — before winning the title 12 years ago (below) and he believes Murray’s chances of claiming a home Grand Slam victory will improve by missing Roland Garros if his back injury does not get better.

Murray, who was runner-up to Roger Federer at Wimbledon last year, is still to decide if he will participate on the clay in Paris.

“He’s not the favourite in the French, a lot of guys can beat him there,” said Ivanisevic. “If he’s not 100 per cent I think he and Ivan [Lendl, Murray’s coach] will decide not to play, which is better.

“He can get ready for Wimbledon. His chance this year is huge and I don’t think he wants to risk it, playing in the French and injuring himself more.”

I agree with Goran and truly hope that Andy decides not to play at RG.  Quite apart from anything physical, the past few days must have been a huge distraction for him, and that could well affect his focus.  On a psychological level as well he must be a rare person if he can just suddenly put the problem behind him and fix his attention fully on his tennis knowing full well just how gruelling this tournament is.

No problem at all,Aileen and Deb Smile

Like you Aileen,I was delighted to see that,even if it can't be an easy time for him,he's still able to go out and have a good time with his friends.I was really happy to see Ross too-great to see that he's well enough to be out and about and enjoying himself.Ross also posted on twitter about having had a brilliant dinner and how nice it was to catch up,so it sounds like they had a really good time yay
That's really nice to hear dani.  Andy's friends mean a great deal to him, and it's also good that he realises that there is a life outside tennis which is there to be enjoyed.
[ Last edit by Aileen May 21, 2013, 06:22 PM ] IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #118 on: May 21, 2013, 07:27 PM »

Lovely pics of Andy ladies thanx!

I guess this time tommorow we'll know. Whatever decision Andy makes i'm behind him 100%!! Wonder where Lendl is last I heard he was arranging a flight to Paris....
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #119 on: May 21, 2013, 07:32 PM »

Looks skinny, good. Had "beefed" up too much.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 21 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »