Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Down Reply
Author

Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros

(Read 12565 times)
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #255 on: May 22, 2013, 10:01 PM »

Great poem!

Good luck to Andy, and may he get well a.s.a.p.!!!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #256 on: May 22, 2013, 10:03 PM »

love your poem MM - do hope it gets to Andy and that it gives him a lift.
Glad too that only one of our number has put their own enjoyment over Andy making a wise decision.  Actually I couldn't have enjoyed watching him at RG, knowing that each match could really do his back in big time.  So even though it won't be the same without him, I'm relieved he's made the right decision and pleased the comms all seem to be saying the same thing.
So I will now focus on hoping smugfed does as badly as possible and will cheer for baby fed as well as JWT and various others on a match by match basis.   And if Santoro is among the ITV comms again, that will be something to enjoy  Whistle
I'm really excited about watching it on ITV because I seem to remember that last year, which was the first year they had the TV rights, they did an excellent job - much better than the Beeb.  And Fabrice is decidedly yummy.

I too couldn't have enjoyed watching Andy's matches had he played for the same reason.  Also it's gratifying that he is getting so much all-round support for his decision instead of being accused of being a drama queen.
[ Last edit by Aileen May 22, 2013, 10:11 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #257 on: May 22, 2013, 10:04 PM »

I'm really excited about watching it on ITV because I seem to remember that last year, which was the first year they had the TV rights, they did an excellent job - much better than the Beeb.  And Fabrice is decidedly yummy.

You like someone who throws himself around, the guy was a maniac on court.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #258 on: May 22, 2013, 10:05 PM »

Ohh,that's another good idea for passing it on to him Katie!Judy's quite active on twitter,so it's quite likely she'd see it if you timed when you sent it right-perhaps when she was on and had just posted,or something.

Yeah she seems to read her mentions quite a lot so hopefully she'd get to see it. Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #259 on: May 22, 2013, 10:15 PM »

You like someone who throws himself around, the guy was a maniac on court.
But he's a sexy-looking maniac.

Yeah she seems to read her mentions quite a lot so hopefully she'd get to see it. Smile

Well Mark has emailed a copy to his contact at Andy's agents, Entertain 19, asking her to pass it on to him, so perhaps Judy might see it there too.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #260 on: May 22, 2013, 10:18 PM »

I hope you're not calling the magician a maniac?  shocking
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #261 on: May 22, 2013, 10:51 PM »

But he's a sexy-looking maniac.

Well Mark has emailed a copy to his contact at Andy's agents, Entertain 19, asking her to pass it on to him, so perhaps Judy might see it there too.

That would be really good if they could pass it onto them both. Smile

I'm pleased ITV are airing the French Open again, they were excellent last year. And it's always good to see Santoro on tv.  wub
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #262 on: May 22, 2013, 11:27 PM »

Lovely poem MM, and a lovely thought. I think the decision about RG was written all over Andy's face in the pics from the doctors assessment. I want to hug him. It's great to see people being supportive of him though, he deserves it and I'm sure it will help.

I will miss him at RG, but his welfare is what has to come first. He's worked so hard to be where he is, and has the potential for so much more, but he has to be fit to take any opportunities that come his way. If missing one major now helps him win a few more in the future it will be worth it.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #263 on: May 23, 2013, 03:36 AM »

I wonder if Courier will be back this year. Was fantastic last year.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #264 on: May 23, 2013, 08:30 AM »

I wonder if Courier will be back this year. Was fantastic last year.

Indeed he was, and I enjoyed Sam Smith too. She said a lot of sensible stuff about Andy after he went out to Ferrer and also about the situation with his back.

Last year I started watching RG on Eurosport. When VW opened her mouth I switched to ITV in a huff. The coverage was much better and they had Petch.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #265 on: May 23, 2013, 11:11 AM »

I love Sam Smith too teejay, she's gr8. And gets her kit on for Wimbledon veteran doubles clap
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #266 on: May 23, 2013, 11:20 AM »

Murray Magic, that's just great well done you. Really hope Andy gets to read it.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #267 on: May 23, 2013, 11:34 AM »

I am glad Andy is being sensible. The human body will only take so much pain then rebel. He wants to get ready for the grass season and be free of some of the pain.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #268 on: May 23, 2013, 11:49 AM »

I'm off work next week so I'm disappointed to miss out on the chance to watch Andy play without the menace of buffering ! However, I'm sure he's made the right decision and,hopefully,we can all look forward to an injury free grass court season.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #269 on: May 23, 2013, 12:44 PM »

Yeah right decision missing RG.  He would have had to get through 4 matches just to get 360 ranking points - so not worth it.  But, more importantly, does anyone know if he's started practicing on grass or is he just resting? - suppose he has another 2+ weeks before Queens
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »