Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] Go Down Reply
Author

Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros

(Read 11276 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #300 on: May 26, 2013, 07:01 PM »

@Aileen
Andy tweeted about it.
Can't stand boxing myself Frown but I suppose of all the sports it's the one that most mirrors tennis - one against one.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #301 on: May 26, 2013, 07:22 PM »

I detest it as well, but Andy has said the reason he enjoys it so much is the fact that in many ways it does mirror tennis, not only because it's on a one to one basis, but because of the discipline involved, being able to think out moves and tacitics quickly entirely on your own, and the rigorous training boxers go through.  Incidentally he says he's never boxed in his life but has always had an interest in it.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #302 on: May 27, 2013, 04:35 AM »

Watching some of the French today and really glad Andy is not playing. The weather is cold and everyone is wearing coats. The cold would have caused stiffness in his back and probably pain.   Lets face it you can't play your game if every twist or turn is painful.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #303 on: May 28, 2013, 01:22 AM »

Watching some of the French today and really glad Andy is not playing. The weather is cold and everyone is wearing coats. The cold would have caused stiffness in his back and probably pain.   Lets face it you can't play your game if every twist or turn is painful.
I was thinking that myself yesterday although today did seem to be a bit warmer, if overcast most of the time.  However unusually low temps and rain are forecast for Tuesday and the rest of the week, and dampness wouldn't have helped his back either.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #304 on: May 28, 2013, 01:18 PM »

I've been thinking the same about the weather.  Andy has traditionally played poorly at RG when it's been these kinds of conditions so to be playing with a bad back, likely to stiffen up in the cool and damp, would have been really difficult.  I hope it makes him feel a bit better seeing that.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #305 on: May 28, 2013, 03:10 PM »

How much play has there actually been today? Every time I've put the TV on, apart from once, briefly, when Bartoli was playing (I like her, but all that jigging about she does drives me mad!) it's been replays from yesterday.

I'm glad Andy isn't there in those conditions too. Apart from the cold, the disruption may well cause havoc on the schedules, so he's much better off out of it.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #306 on: May 28, 2013, 03:17 PM »

I agree there has been so much rain. I'm sick of watching replays, its raining again god knows when live matches will start. I'm thinking that many of the stadiums need to get roofs over a couple of the big courts as this rain delay is upsetting everyone. Maybe someone sensible would make a decision about getting the courts covered with roofs.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #307 on: May 28, 2013, 03:33 PM »

I agree there has been so much rain. I'm sick of watching replays, its raining again god knows when live matches will start. I'm thinking that many of the stadiums need to get roofs over a couple of the big courts as this rain delay is upsetting everyone. Maybe someone sensible would make a decision about getting the courts covered with roofs.

There are plans apparently, but it won't happen for a few years. Meanwhile, it rains lol.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Latest News on Andy and Roland Garros « Reply #308 on: May 28, 2013, 04:29 PM »

LB, unless I missed something, it's only been raining today.  Sunday and yesterday were dull but dry.  Anyway play has now been resumed but the sky doesn't look very hopeful.

There are plans apparently, but it won't happen for a few years. Meanwhile, it rains lol.
I've heard that too but it seems there are problems with planning permission.  The organisers did suggest moving RG elsewhere but the response definitely wasn't in favour both by the public and players alike.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »