Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2 - 4 (12.1%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (51.5%)
Berdych in 2 - 9 (27.3%)
Berdych in 3 - 0 (0%)
Berdych runs away screaming because he confuses Murray with Djokovic. - 3 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 51 Go Down Reply
Author

Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych

(Read 8012 times)
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #645 on: May 10, 2013, 10:19 PM »

My impression was that there was not too much separating the two players, and the stats seem to prove it. I do not think Andy played badly considering the surface, the opponent and yesterday's long match until the early morning. The key moments were the break-points towards the end of the first set. He could not use these chances like against Simon. Berdych's forehand is a monster-weapon, yet Andy is the more genious player. Therefore I support him.
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #646 on: May 10, 2013, 10:19 PM »

Come on Andy is getting much better on clay. OK the stats show the weakness of the second serve and I am sure he would wecome better. Now for Rome and then RG. Come on Andy show the doom sayers what you can do.... it was not too far away tonight!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #647 on: May 10, 2013, 10:20 PM »

Why do you bother to even come here, I guess to get your jollys when Andy loses!!

Rarely turns up when he wins !
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #648 on: May 10, 2013, 10:21 PM »

I think this tournament has showed his return is actually a huge weakness on clay, and I think he should change his first serve on clay - slow it down a little and make it more consistent - that's how Nadal's is and it serves him well.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #649 on: May 10, 2013, 10:21 PM »

He has had 3 matches worth of practice on clay this week, it's all good
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #650 on: May 10, 2013, 10:22 PM »

I think there are quite a few positives for Andy to take from this match. He kept the match competitive, and played much better than yesterday against Simon. Shame he couldn't hold onto his break advantage in the first set - if he'd managed that, then the result could well have been different. But credit to Berdych, he played the big points extremely well - excellent tennis from him tonight. Andy's second serve is vulnerable from Berdych's returning.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #651 on: May 10, 2013, 10:22 PM »

Is Andy defo playing rome?
I don't see why not. Unless he has a valid injury, he has to play anyway.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #652 on: May 10, 2013, 10:23 PM »

Why do you bother to even come here, I guess to get your jollys when Andy loses!!
yep.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #653 on: May 10, 2013, 10:23 PM »

Rarely turns up when he wins !
Yep.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #654 on: May 10, 2013, 10:25 PM »

Not taking advantage of the break points is very disappointing, but I'd still rather he was getting break points and not taking advantage than not getting them in the first place.

My feelings too. Also credit to Tomas for saving them.

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #655 on: May 10, 2013, 10:25 PM »

Come on Andy is getting much better on clay. OK the stats show the weakness of the second serve and I am sure he would wecome better. Now for Rome and then RG. Come on Andy show the doom sayers what you can do.... it was not too far away tonight!
Is he?

In 2011 he made SF-R3-SF-SF
In 2012 he made QF-DNP-R3-QF
In 2013 so far he has made R3-QF.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #656 on: May 10, 2013, 10:29 PM »

So NID. Berdych owns Murray on clay tbh.  Could of won the first set  blew it  got mad with himself and faded away in the second.   Murray will never improve on this surface if he just continues to push the ball back.  I don't understand why he doesn't just hit the ball flatter?   and that second serve................  just awful.  
Anyway a quarter final of a clay tournament is basically a clay final in Murray's world tbh.  
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 May 10, 2013, 10:33 PM ] IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #657 on: May 10, 2013, 10:29 PM »

Picked up some points - got good practice on the clay - back to No. 2 - not such a bad week.
Love the positivity girls.

Indeed, lots of good competitive court time, improved game since Monte Carlo. Remember the altitude affects Andy's flatter hitting adversely (as in making some shots fly out, as opposed to those players like Rafa who play with heavy spin) - while  he can try to adjust it wouldn't be good for his overall game to try and spend too much time doing so for the sake of one event. Much as I'm sure he'd have preferred a win, I feel he's otherwise got what he wanted from the event and will move on to Rome then Paris with the hope of going further again. And I feel the courts at Roland Garros suit him better anyway as does the 5 set format.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #658 on: May 10, 2013, 10:31 PM »

My impression was that there was not too much separating the two players, and the stats seem to prove it. I do not think Andy played badly considering the surface, the opponent and yesterday's long match until the early morning. The key moments were the break-points towards the end of the first set. He could not use these chances like against Simon. Berdych's forehand is a monster-weapon, yet Andy is the more genious player. Therefore I support him.
Never a truer word spoken, C Puncher.  clap  It's not the end of the world and we should recognise the positives here.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #659 on: May 10, 2013, 10:31 PM »

No offense to Lendl but maybe Andy should get Alex C back on his  team as an assistant CC coach
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 51 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »