Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2 - 4 (12.1%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (51.5%)
Berdych in 2 - 9 (27.3%)
Berdych in 3 - 0 (0%)
Berdych runs away screaming because he confuses Murray with Djokovic. - 3 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 51 Go Down Reply
Author

Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych

(Read 8617 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #660 on: May 10, 2013, 10:34 PM »

I'd like to know what Andy meant when he said "impossible to play like this, impossible"
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #661 on: May 10, 2013, 10:34 PM »

do any of you see any improvements in Andy's clay court game ?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #662 on: May 10, 2013, 10:35 PM »

no.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #663 on: May 10, 2013, 10:35 PM »

Off to bed now.
Not too happy, not too disappointed. Tough luck, Andy. See ya in Rome. Very Happy

Good night everyone. Smile
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #664 on: May 10, 2013, 10:37 PM »

no.

in a nutshell  thank you mate. 
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #665 on: May 10, 2013, 10:37 PM »

I think Rafas going to win the tournament here anyway and that's what the crowd wants so let them have it. They we're glad Novak got knocked out and so was Rafa.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #666 on: May 10, 2013, 10:38 PM »

Indeed, lots of good competitive court time, improved game since Monte Carlo. Remember the altitude affects Andy's flatter hitting adversely (as in making some shots fly out, as opposed to those players like Rafa who play with heavy spin) - while  he can try to adjust it wouldn't be good for his overall game to try and spend too much time doing so for the sake of one event. Much as I'm sure he'd have preferred a win, I feel he's otherwise got what he wanted from the event and will move on to Rome then Paris with the hope of going further again. And I feel the courts at Roland Garros suit him better anyway as does the 5 set format.

I knew Andy was going to lose tonight although I hoped I was wrong.    But I watched the match anyway because win or lose there are always some gems from Andy - the passing shots - the odd lob - and one of the drop shots even made Birdy smile.    Now that had to be a very special shot.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #667 on: May 10, 2013, 10:38 PM »

Off to bed now.
Not too happy, not too disappointed. Tough luck, Andy. See ya in Rome. Very Happy

Night Sabine sweet dreams.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #668 on: May 10, 2013, 10:39 PM »

No offense to Lendl but maybe Andy should get Alex C back on his  team as an assistant CC coach
That would never happen and never work.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #669 on: May 10, 2013, 10:40 PM »

Is he?

In 2011 he made SF-R3-SF-SF
In 2012 he made QF-DNP-R3-QF
In 2013 so far he has made R3-QF.

One hesitates to challenge your stats...!!! - however could it be that the changes to his game needed to get that first GS came at the price of his clay game. I do also wonder if his specific knee problem has a greater impact on him than on other surfaces? 

We all know that Murray struggles on clay, I just wonder why knowing that we all get so get up about it. Didn't Lendl struggle more on grass?

It's not about making excuses for him - I have never felt that he or us ever need to make excuses for him. Yesterday may have taken more out of him.
I think he did as well as he could tonight - he might have pulled it off if Berdych had been a bit off form, but I suspect Berdych is still smarting about the USO semi, when he disposed of  Fed, but was slain in turn by Murray. I can't see him getting through Nadal.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #670 on: May 10, 2013, 10:41 PM »

Off to bed now.

Thanks for your company. Good night and sleep tight. Smile
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #671 on: May 10, 2013, 10:41 PM »

Off to bed now.

night  zz love Andy what ever happens.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #672 on: May 10, 2013, 10:44 PM »

One hesitates to challenge your stats...!!! - however could it be that the changes to his game needed to get that first GS came at the price of his clay game. I do also wonder if his specific knee problem has a greater impact on him than on other surfaces? 

We all know that Murray struggles on clay, I just wonder why knowing that we all get so get up about it. Didn't Lendl struggle more on grass?

It's not about making excuses for him - I have never felt that he or us ever need to make excuses for him. Yesterday may have taken more out of him.
I think he did as well as he could tonight - he might have pulled it off if Berdych had been a bit off form, but I suspect Berdych is still smarting about the USO semi, when he disposed of  Fed, but was slain in turn by Murray. I can't see him getting through Nadal.
I wonder if it's the departure of Alex Corretja. Wasn't he Andy's only coach in that 2011 clay season?
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #673 on: May 10, 2013, 10:44 PM »

No.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #674 on: May 10, 2013, 10:45 PM »

Not bothered he lost. Dire tournament, Rome will bring fruitful tidings I feel.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 51 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »