Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2 - 4 (12.1%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (51.5%)
Berdych in 2 - 9 (27.3%)
Berdych in 3 - 0 (0%)
Berdych runs away screaming because he confuses Murray with Djokovic. - 3 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 51 Go Down Reply
Author

Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych

(Read 8017 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #45 on: May 10, 2013, 01:48 PM »

To be honest I don't see what the problem is re the match time, I think a later start would be even worse! He could then still be playing 2 in the morning. Also its only been 3 setters, Christ I work full time quite heavy job which I'm on my feet all day and I still played 3 nights in a row last week after work ( all over 2 hours long) admitedlly it nearly killed me and I won't be doing it again but I'm not a professional athlete Wink
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #46 on: May 10, 2013, 02:33 PM »

Andy's match vs Simon should have been an earlier match schedule wise and that was the point I was trying to make yesterday. I am fine with today's match time. He can't afford to play too late assuming he makes it tonight.

It was a very competitive match for Andy against Simon but we can blame Andy for a slow start for that. Berdych is a whole another matter and will give Andy nothing to waste time on, so Andy did need sufficient time to recover from yesterday's match and be fresh for this one. But let's see. 
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #47 on: May 10, 2013, 02:34 PM »

Yeah, very true. I had a little look at the odds last night and was shocked to see Andy favourite. Not only did I think there would be a massive continental arbitrage opportunity by playing the UK market against the Czech markets for example but even wagering as much as you could at that price for Bird man last night/early this morn you could bet your house on it that it would have swung by tonight enough to then back Murray at greater than evens to secure guaranteed profit.

Sorry for those you do not understand or more likely, do not give a sh*t but I know Laundry appreciates some gambling chat
Yes it's rather rare to see the bookies be so out of line as that, and it was pretty much just obvious. If you managed to bet Berdych last night on Ladbrokes at 2.25 then you could match bet against Andy this morning at 2.0 to give yourself 105.55% on money (ie if you made that match bet you would make an automatic £5.55 for every £100 you bet).

lolll I see Ladbrokes themselves have got Berdych down at 1.8 now, desperately trying to get the match back in line.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #48 on: May 10, 2013, 02:36 PM »

I often feel sorry for tennis players who according to the match schedulers have to be able to produce good winning tennis anytime in the day from sometimes 9-30am to 9-30pm
  I personally am a morning person and could cope with early starts but am useless  in the evening
The only player that tends to play at the same time of day ie the afternoon is Federer
So yes I sympathise with Andy re match timings
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #49 on: May 10, 2013, 02:37 PM »

Andy's match vs Simon should have been an earlier match schedule wise and that was the point I was trying to make yesterday. I am fine with today's match time. He can't afford to play too late assuming he makes it tonight.

It was a very competitive match for Andy against Simon but we can blame Andy for a slow start for that. Berdych is a whole another matter and will give Andy nothing to waste time on, so Andy did need sufficient time to recover from yesterday's match and be fresh for this one. But let's see. 
Coulda, woulda,shoulda.  I'm not expecting Andy to worry about any schedules or make any excuses. 
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #50 on: May 10, 2013, 02:47 PM »

I often feel sorry for tennis players who according to the match schedulers have to be able to produce good winning tennis anytime in the day from sometimes 9-30am to 9-30pm
  I personally am a morning person and could cope with early starts but am useless  in the evening
The only player that tends to play at the same time of day ie the afternoon is Federer
So yes I sympathise with Andy re match timings

Ooh yeah I really feel for him also.....making millions of dosh playing a game he loves lol Wink
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #51 on: May 10, 2013, 02:50 PM »

With Mr Andy Murray he seems to struggle with players we assume he should beat easily or he comprehensibly beats players we think he may struggle with Smile let's hope the latter rings true tonight #fingerscrossed
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #52 on: May 10, 2013, 02:58 PM »

Andy's is the third quarter final of the day. I think they said not before 7pm this evening UK time.
Andy is first up...
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #53 on: May 10, 2013, 03:05 PM »

Well Andy, perhaps you were saving some excellent tennis for your start tonight/today.  So come out firing in the first set and carry it on throughout the match.  Good luck Andy, may the force be with you!! cmon yeah Bagpipes
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #54 on: May 10, 2013, 03:06 PM »

Rafa is down 2-4 in first set vs Ferrer.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #55 on: May 10, 2013, 03:10 PM »

With Mr Andy Murray he seems to struggle with players we assume he should beat easily or he comprehensibly beats players we think he may struggle with Smile let's hope the latter rings true tonight #fingerscrossed

I can definitely see why Andy would get a bit too comfortable against Simon. Even a dog has its day.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #56 on: May 10, 2013, 03:10 PM »

Not anymore....Rafa broke back and is serving at 3-4
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #57 on: May 10, 2013, 04:52 PM »

Am still not nervous about Andy's match today which is a good sign. For now.

Is Dani still alive and breathing? :p
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #58 on: May 10, 2013, 04:54 PM »

they were saying it's quite windy so come on everyone  pray (or whatever you do) for it to get VERY windy this evening as Tomas doesn't like the wind.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #59 on: May 10, 2013, 04:57 PM »

Andy is first up...

Andy's is the third quarter final of the day. Nadal/Ferrer 1st, then Nishikori/Andujar. Andy/Berydych not before 7 this evening, which is what I said in the first instance.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 51 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »