Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2 - 4 (12.1%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (51.5%)
Berdych in 2 - 9 (27.3%)
Berdych in 3 - 0 (0%)
Berdych runs away screaming because he confuses Murray with Djokovic. - 3 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 51 Go Down Reply
Author

Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych

(Read 8672 times)
Rachie
Seed

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #630 on: May 10, 2013, 10:10 PM »

Petch is annoying sometimes too biased.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #631 on: May 10, 2013, 10:10 PM »

Well. It was close and a good match for the crowd.
 I'm pleased he went down fighting and didnt expect a miracle. There's not a lot in it when  you look at the stats. Except of course the net points won and break points which Andy squandered. In other words, when it mattered. 

Back to the drawing board then?
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #632 on: May 10, 2013, 10:10 PM »

oh well, you got to the quarterfinals, and you are now officially #2, get some r/r and come back ready to roll.....love you Andy
Abousltley well said.  clap

Picked up some points - got good practice on the clay - back to No. 2 - not such a bad week.
Love the positivity girls.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #633 on: May 10, 2013, 10:10 PM »

I expected a much worse loss than that. Clay, finalist last year and a long and late night last night. I think he played well considering all that.  Berdych will have a clear advantage tomorrow too his potential opponents haven't even started yet.   Rafa Berdych final. 
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #634 on: May 10, 2013, 10:11 PM »

Not bothered that he lost but I am concerned about his sudden allergy towards break points....
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #635 on: May 10, 2013, 10:11 PM »

Well. It was close and a good match for the crowd.

They do not deserve even a bit of it.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #636 on: May 10, 2013, 10:13 PM »

Picked up some points - got good practice on the clay - back to No. 2 - not such a bad week.
feel positive Iluvandy for our boy , best half of the year for Andy to come yet  hug
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #637 on: May 10, 2013, 10:13 PM »

I tried to see the match on my stupid IPad and I could see a little and then they would tell me to download flash which you can't do, so I watched the live update which sometimes is so hard. 
I feel bad for Andy, but it looked like he played much better then yesterday, just that bird played better.

If Sunday is mother's day where you live and you're a mom, I wish you a happy one!!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #638 on: May 10, 2013, 10:14 PM »

Andy.....why bother on clay....yer crap.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #639 on: May 10, 2013, 10:15 PM »

They do not deserve even a bit of it.

LOL. What is it with you guys and the crowd? OK maybe they are scum but these guys paid their money and turned up. When was the last time you went to a tennis tournament? There wouldn't be professional tennis without paying customers, just remember that.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #640 on: May 10, 2013, 10:15 PM »

Well played Tomas and hard luck Andy. The sooner everyone is off this red stuff, the better, imo.

Definitely.  Unfortunately the grass season isn't long enough. 
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #641 on: May 10, 2013, 10:16 PM »

If Sunday is mother's day where you live and you're a mom, I wish you a happy one!!

Oooh, thanks for reminding me about that! I totally forgot....gotta get something for my mum. Think
I have no idea what to get.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #642 on: May 10, 2013, 10:16 PM »

Exactly.  Just saw someone on twitter saying it was a disgrace that Andy is #2 after getting dumped out like that.  Clearly they hadn't noticed that the #1, #2->#3 and #4 are already out too.  Or that Nadal was very close to making an early exit too.

Andy definitely got better, and while it's disappointing he couldn't get that first set at least, I am happy that his form is improving.
I expected a much worse loss than that. Clay, finalist last year and a long and late night last night. I think he played well considering all that. 
Same here, and I think most people did.  Not sure if we were all bracing ourselves so were overly pessimistic, but despite the loss, Andy did better than most predicted.  Andy definitely didn't make it easy for Tomas.

Not taking advantage of the break points is very disappointing, but I'd still rather he was getting break points and not taking advantage than not getting them in the first place.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #643 on: May 10, 2013, 10:17 PM »

Andy.....why bother on clay....yer crap.
Why do you bother to even come here, I guess to get your jollys when Andy loses!!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #644 on: May 10, 2013, 10:17 PM »

Already deleted. He actually did better than I was expecting. Glad it's over don't enjoy watching him on clay. He did much better than last year. He has regained the No 2 slot, and would have done regardless of what Federer did. Equally Fed's early exit has given him a nice cushion of points. At least he avoided the Ferrer bagel. If he had got the first set tie break who knows, but he can't win them all.

Realistically the outcome of this tournament has been fairly easy to predict, particularly once Djokovic made his exit.

Once the French open is over we can get on with the proper tennis.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 ... 51 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »