Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2 - 4 (12.1%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (51.5%)
Berdych in 2 - 9 (27.3%)
Berdych in 3 - 0 (0%)
Berdych runs away screaming because he confuses Murray with Djokovic. - 3 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 51 Go Down Reply
Author

Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych

(Read 8035 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #675 on: May 10, 2013, 10:48 PM »

I think there are a lot of positives Andy can take from this match and this week. He did create a lot of chances tonight, more, I admit, than I thought he might. If he'd taken more of his chances I think the result might well have been different. In the first set I didn't think there was anything to pick between either man. If he'd got the first set I don"t think he would have let go.

Andy's second serve didn't help him tonight. I wonder what those of you who understand the technicalities better than me think of the point Leif Shiras made in commentary, that Andy would be better putting more spin on his first serve, rather than hitting the flat one, because it would give him more control over it. It makes some sense to me on the face of it.

I don't see any point in us having too much of an inquest over tonight to be honest. A lot of people expected Andy to lose. I also don't see the point in looking back over past years. I still think, with all due respect, 2011 was a red herring.

Andy's done all right in Madrid, added to his points and got back to 2 in the world. Of course he needs to improve on the clay, but he will know that. Andy, unlike Nadal etc, didn't spend much time on the clay until he was 15. I've felt for a while that Andy's best on the clay is yet to come and I still think that is so.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #676 on: May 10, 2013, 10:48 PM »

I wonder if it's the departure of Alex Corretja. Wasn't he Andy's only coach in that 2011 clay season?

Before my time - however Corretja didn't get him a GS, but Lendl did. That being the case I would rather he stayed with Lendl. What do you think?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #677 on: May 10, 2013, 10:50 PM »

I'd like to know what Andy meant when he said "impossible to play like this, impossible"

Me 2  confused
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #678 on: May 10, 2013, 10:51 PM »

I dont think Andy and Lendl should part i think they are amazing together. i do feel however Alex C being around the camp for the clay season wouldn't do any harm especially seeing as Lendl dosen't travel to all events. Do we know if he'll be in Roma?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #679 on: May 10, 2013, 10:51 PM »

Andy.....why bother on clay....yer crap.

Which is infinitely better than being a disrespectful child Robbie. You can be funny, but you can also be cheap and nasty. That was nasty and uncalled for.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #680 on: May 10, 2013, 10:52 PM »

do any of you see any improvements in Andy's clay court game ?

Yes.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #681 on: May 10, 2013, 10:53 PM »

I'd like to know what Andy meant when he said "impossible to play like this, impossible"
I thought he was meaning that it's crazy begin given warnings about taking to long in between points.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #682 on: May 10, 2013, 10:55 PM »

I thought he was meaning that it's crazy begin given warnings about taking to long in between points.

Did he get any wsrnings? I never seen that
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #683 on: May 10, 2013, 10:55 PM »

Madrid shouldn't be a Masters. Everything about the tournament is disgusting to be fair. Crowds, groundsmen (watering courts every 10 minutes?)
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #684 on: May 10, 2013, 10:56 PM »

Madrid shouldn't be a Masters. Everything about the tournament is disgusting to be fair. Crowds, groundsmen (watering courts every 10 minutes?)

I said that last night......horrible tournament
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #685 on: May 10, 2013, 10:57 PM »

Did he get any wsrnings? I never seen that
No me neither. He said that after he missed at shot he should've had. He seems to have a bit of a problem with his hip impeeding his movement, at that point in time he could be refering to that.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #686 on: May 10, 2013, 10:58 PM »

I dont think Andy and Lendl should part i think they are amazing together. i do feel however Alex C being around the camp for the clay season wouldn't do any harm especially seeing as Lendl dosen't travel to all events. Do we know if he'll be in Roma?
Andy originally said that Lendl would be in Madrid but not Rome-but seeing as we haven't seen Lendl at all around Madrid,perhaps the plan changed and he'll be in Italy after all?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #687 on: May 10, 2013, 11:00 PM »

No me neither. He said that after he missed at shot he should've had. He seems to have a bit of a problem with his hip impeeding his movement, at that point in time he could be refering to that.

Yeah that's only thing I can think of.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #688 on: May 10, 2013, 11:00 PM »

I said that last night......horrible tournament

We should send in a complaint, even SERENA F***** GOT 6-0'D I MEAN WTF
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #689 on: May 10, 2013, 11:00 PM »

I'm not sure but I think he was having words with the umpire about it at one of the sit downs. I think he was tired to be honest after last night. One thing you can say is that he's never been a time waster. In fact the opposite not like some i could mention. And who hardly if ever get any warnings.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 51 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »