Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Murray in 2 - 4 (12.1%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (51.5%)
Berdych in 2 - 9 (27.3%)
Berdych in 3 - 0 (0%)
Berdych runs away screaming because he confuses Murray with Djokovic. - 3 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 Go Down Reply
Author

Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych

(Read 8595 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #705 on: May 11, 2013, 12:09 AM »

Just the one. In the Paris tankfest about 7 or 8 years ago.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #706 on: May 11, 2013, 12:13 AM »

Was Paris still a tank fest back then?

Lol.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #707 on: May 11, 2013, 12:15 AM »

Henman won it in 2004. When was the first WTF?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #708 on: May 11, 2013, 12:16 AM »

2010 Wimbledon says hi.

Be fair though, he was woeful in the final, didn't get remotely close to Nadal. He also hasn't made a major final since.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #709 on: May 11, 2013, 12:17 AM »

Just the one. In the Paris tankfest about 7 or 8 years ago.
he really does have an over inflated opinion of himself. Murray has got 9 of them, he has been in 1 GS Final, Murray 6.

The only hope of him getting a GS is if Djokovic, Murray, Nadal or Fed are all out of it.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #710 on: May 11, 2013, 12:21 AM »

Henman won it in 2004. When was the first WTF?

They've always had YEC haven't they? But I'm pretty sure when they were in places like Shanghai, there was a gap between paris and the yec...
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #711 on: May 11, 2013, 12:22 AM »

he really does have an over inflated opinion of himself. Murray has got 9 of them, he has been in 1 GS Final, Murray 6.

The only hope of him getting a GS is if Djokovic, Murray, Nadal or Fed are all out of it.

Not really over inflated. Berdych would be a multi time slam champ if the courts were faster.. as would Murray probs.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #712 on: May 11, 2013, 12:23 AM »

They've always had YEC haven't they? But I'm pretty sure when they were in places like Shanghai, there was a gap between paris and the yec...
There was, but players have always tanked it.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #713 on: May 11, 2013, 12:25 AM »

Exactly. Methinks the adrenalin from the match has gone to his head. I think Berdych is one of those players, a little like Ferrer, who might have won a major in another era. As he is playing in this one and would need to go through at least two of the top players to do it, I just don't see it.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #714 on: May 11, 2013, 12:26 AM »

There was, but players have always tanked it.

What a **** event Paris is. Wasn't bad when courts were carpet but gone down the shitter since Nadal and Muger had there way.
IP Logged
Hamish McHamish
Satellite Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #715 on: May 11, 2013, 12:29 AM »

I missed the game tonight. It seems from reading these posts and live score that a point here or there could have swung it. 47 points a piece in set 1 and that including 7-3 tb in birdy's favour. Who knows, maybe he wins the first set and then the match. SF equaling his best clay court result....no reason to be so despondent. My general opinion of the tournie is Murray is still at times battling with indecision on BPs with his instinctive steady passive play and his learned (and imo far more productive) high percentage aggression. Add this to an inherent unease on an unfamiliar surface has cost him on the big points
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #716 on: May 11, 2013, 12:32 AM »

Not really over inflated. Berdych would be a multi time slam champ if the courts were faster.. as would Murray probs.

But the point is they are not. You have to work with what you have got. He has the grand total of 8 titles only 1 of which is a Masters, and he us okder than Murray. In a different era Fed wouldn't have got 17 GS's.

I find him arrogant and not likable at all. Fed for all his multitudinous failings has at least got the career stats to warrant his arrogance.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #717 on: May 11, 2013, 12:32 AM »

After Andy lost the 1st set, I didn't have much hope for him to be honest. Not even after he broke Berdych back to make it 2 all. I just didn't see Andy winning in 3 simply because he didn't have enough recovery time to go the distance again in less than 24 hours. Not that I think he was going to win anyway but it was important that if he were to then close it in 2. Since that didn't happen as he lost the first set anyway, I sort of gave up. It happened spontaneously so I didn't want to fight it back.

Andy really needed to keep his match against Simon short and he's the only to be blamed for it for having a super slow start and then again, faltering in the final set when he was up a break. And even today, he had plenty chances to win the 1st set.

I am not very keen on Rome now as it's too close to RG so I'll be more focusing on the latter and looking forward to it. Andy now has 5 matches on clay and against good players and couple of more win in Rome wouldn't hurt in preparation for good start at RG. Hopefully he'll get a nicer draw too.  
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #718 on: May 11, 2013, 12:36 AM »

But the point is they are not. You have to work with what you have got. He has the grand total of 8 titles only 1 of which is a Masters, and he us okder than Murray. In a different era Fed wouldn't have got 17 GS's.

I find him arrogant and not likable at all. Fed for all his multitudinous failings has at least got the career stats to warrant his arrogance.

I don't find Berdych arrogant at all. He's confident about his chances and so he should be. I'd much rather a player be confident than write themselves off like Nadal does, even though he's the favourite on many occasions.

Never the favourite, no?
IP Logged
Ghostbuster
Challenger Level

Re: Madrid QF: [3] Murray vs. [6] Berdych « Reply #719 on: May 11, 2013, 12:39 AM »

My favourite is the talk of Andy getting good match practice. For what, exactly? A QF exit at RG? The same people also seem to be saying let's move on from clay anyway so... what is the aim here? Good match practice for him to get a quarter final?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »