Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Winner?
Murray in 2 - 27 (75%)
Murray in 3 - 7 (19.4%)
Simon in 2 - 1 (2.8%)
Simon in 3 - 1 (2.8%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 59 Go Down Reply
Author

Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon

(Read 9656 times)
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon « Reply #765 on: May 10, 2013, 12:26 AM »

Woeful record on the big points.
Thats why he's not won more than 1 Grand Slam...so far. he's working on it though and improving.
IP Logged
wildster

Re: Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon « Reply #766 on: May 10, 2013, 12:27 AM »

I have a strange feeling he will beat Berdych but lose to Wawrinka in the semis.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon « Reply #767 on: May 10, 2013, 12:27 AM »

Coming home from work I kept looking at the scores on my phone and yelling at Andy....surely the drivers around me thought me crazy.....

Goodnight everyone, sleep tight and get ready for the next rollercoaster!!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon « Reply #768 on: May 10, 2013, 12:27 AM »

I doubt it.  And this is what annoys me so much.  Such disrespect for others. 

How is him not quaking in his shoes disrespectful.

Do you think he's going to be extremely worried after the way Andy played tonight?
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon « Reply #769 on: May 10, 2013, 12:28 AM »

knackered !!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon « Reply #770 on: May 10, 2013, 12:29 AM »

How is him not quaking in his shoes disrespectful.

Do you think he's going to be extremely worried after the way Andy played tonight?

I'd watch out apparently 'Petchey is a clown' is also disrespectful lol
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon « Reply #771 on: May 10, 2013, 12:29 AM »

Time to back Berdych at the bookies guys.
Not me i won't be backing T B my money's going on Andy.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon « Reply #772 on: May 10, 2013, 12:29 AM »

Good night to you all sleep tight. See you all tomorrow for another stomach ulcer session Smile
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon « Reply #773 on: May 10, 2013, 12:30 AM »

My moneys staying in my pocket!
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon « Reply #774 on: May 10, 2013, 12:31 AM »

Thats the important stat...Andy won. 53 unforced errors tho....ouch!
I was reading elsewhere today that they are very harsh/generous (depending on how you look at it) in allocating unforced errors.  So perhaps not quite as bad as that stat suggests.

I don't really care too much.  He's gone one round better than MC and Fed, and two rounds better than Djokovic, and three/four rounds better than he did last year from a points perspective.  He's going to be back to World Number 2 tomorrow, and tomorrow is another day.

Granted, Berdych seems to have pulled his game together, but he still needed three sets to get past Janowicz, and won today's match against Anderson with just 51% of the points, same as Andy, even if he just needed the two sets. 
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon « Reply #775 on: May 10, 2013, 12:32 AM »

I just heard Andy say "Aberdeen" in his interview.

Said Fergie enjoyed the hospitality and the free wine at the USO. lol

and so he should mention Aberdeen in connection with Sir Alex Wink His achievements there were the reason Man Utd wanted him so badly at the time. Man Utd were going nowhere until he took charge. He won a major european trophy with a relatively small scottish provincial club ...amazing achievement. Never likely to be repeated.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon « Reply #776 on: May 10, 2013, 12:32 AM »

How the hell did he win that?  To be honest I am not to bothered about Berdych. He has kept his hold over Simon. Even if Federer had won this tournament by getting to the QF he would have wrestled the No 2  spot back. I am pleased he has done it in his own right.

Getting to the QF of a masters, on a surface you really struggle with is a measure of the man. He has done better than Djokovic and Fed. Give the lad some credit.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon « Reply #777 on: May 10, 2013, 12:33 AM »

As much as I'd love to see Andy win I just don't see it. T B will cause Andy all sorts of Trouble even though bookies will give Andy better odds
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon « Reply #778 on: May 10, 2013, 12:34 AM »

Well this is gonna be a tough tourney to win. Berdych, Tsonga/Wawrinka, Nadal

I'm hoping Tsonga will beat Wawrinka at least. Andy will still be bookie favourite against Berdych tomorrow though.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Madrid R3: Andy Murray vs Gilles Simon « Reply #779 on: May 10, 2013, 12:35 AM »

Thats why he's not won more than 1 Grand Slam...so far. he's working on it though and improving.

The frustrating thing is, this was one of the areas he improved so much. Something like 11 break points in the Olympic final - saved all 11. USO, the tie-break, the set points, the break points - played them all very well. But this year he seems to have fallen back to his old passive play on the big points, and his record lately has been very poor.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 ... 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »