Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Mail Madness :o) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: What should replace the powder blue?  (Voting closed: December 30, 2005, 02:17 PM)
Black - 14 (77.8%)
White - 3 (16.7%)
Red - 1 (5.6%)
Yellow - 0 (0%)
Dark Blue - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Mail Madness :o)

(Read 1775 times)
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Mail Madness :o) « on: December 30, 2005, 02:17 PM »

Daily Mail back pages have gone mad for Andy in the last couple of days!

Today, his photo from wimbledon is picked as one of the defining moments of the sporting year and he is the face of June in their round-up of the year;

'A month notable for the first public siting of a curly-haired, foul-mouthed Scottish teenager with such profound belief in his own extraordinary talent that by December he was telling Sue Barker that his aim was to be seeded for Wimbledon in 2006. That Henman Hill excruciatingly (interesting choice of word there) became Murray Field merely served to illustarte both his impact and the desire for Britian to fin another tennis star. He may have been manufactured (again, interesting word choice) in Scotland, but was developed in Barcelona, definitely not a conformist product of the establishment as the LTA were often reminded. Frequently by the player himself.'

will try and find the other articles this evening....
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Mail Madness :o) « Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 02:29 PM »

foul-mouthed Scottish teenager

roflmao  roflmao   Hey oor Andy, long may you refer to umpires as F&*!king Twats!!
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Mail Madness :o) « Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 02:48 PM »

One part of it said 'imagine having andy murray or freddie flintoff on your living room door'.  So now he is classed in the same league as Sir Freddie then.  I think Flintoff will get a Knighthood soon and the Andy will follow him.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Mail Madness :o) « Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 03:56 PM »

I'd noticed that they've gone mad on him too!  Started with Mail on Sunday with an article about his mum!  Sorry guys, been a bit busy with other things to get it on the website.  Frown   She had a 2-page spread!  Think it's been recycled now  Crying or Very sad

They're also giving you the chance to win a framed poster sized picture of Andy if you tell them why you'd select his picture and the reason why you thought his was the best sporting moment.   There are other - amongst them Freddie Flintoff - great sporting moments of 2006.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Mail Madness :o) « Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 04:09 PM »

I've still got that article somewhere.....plus another couple i think Smile They're basically recycling stuff we already know, but its still pretty interesting Smile
IP Logged
brighton babe
Challenger Level

Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

Mail Madness :o) « Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 05:57 PM »

because i am away for christmas, and my mum buys the daily mail. i have got her to save me all the articles they have done on Andy, so i don't miss out Whistle so i am looking forward to going home and reading them.(although there will probably be nothing we don't really know!)
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Mail Madness :o) « Reply #6 on: December 30, 2005, 06:00 PM »

Maybe i should start reading the Mail.... they obviously really like Andy  Whistle

And re the poll .... black for me, he looked great in that Davis cup tie when wearing black  Whistle
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Mail Madness :o) « Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 06:03 PM »

Quote from: "Banannie"
And re the poll .... black for me, he looked great in that Davis cup tie when wearing black  Whistle

likewise Wink
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Mail Madness :o) « Reply #8 on: December 30, 2005, 06:05 PM »

Me too
IP Logged
brighton babe
Challenger Level

Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

Mail Madness :o) « Reply #9 on: December 30, 2005, 06:16 PM »

yeah me too, i have voted black! wub
IP Logged
richie c
Futures Level

Mail Madness :o) « Reply #10 on: December 30, 2005, 06:33 PM »

The Daily Mail have done some brilliant coverage on Murray this year. They always seem to be fair well balanced in-depth articules i really enjoy them. However i was so angry at the headline "LONG LIVE THE KING THE KING IS DEAD" associated with Henman's disappointing wimbeldon exit. That is the other side of the media world. I too voted black he looks very seductive in that colour.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Mail Madness :o) « Reply #11 on: December 30, 2005, 06:35 PM »

Lol you gotta love the daily mail - so good heehee Smile And they do seem to be really behind Andy, as are the other tabloids Smile But to be fair, the broadsheet coverage has also been pretty impressive Smile
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Mail Madness :o) « Reply #12 on: December 30, 2005, 06:40 PM »

Quote from: "eira_arian"
But to be fair, the broadsheet coverage has also been pretty impressive Smile

Yes i agree, i get the Times, and all their articles on him have been generally fair, and so far not much harsh coments  goodjob
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Mail Madness :o) « Reply #13 on: December 30, 2005, 06:43 PM »

And the Mail, much as it likes to think of itself as a middle of the road paper, is becoming more and more of a tabloid IMHO and is therefore a little bit sensationalist and less easy to trust.....
IP Logged
Mathlete
Junior

Mail Madness :o) « Reply #14 on: December 30, 2005, 06:58 PM »

When i'm at uni mum saves me the articles from the mail and sends them to me!! I've been really impressed with the christmas ones though!! 3 times in two weeks when there hasn't been any games!! pretty impressive. i hope they keep it up!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »