Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Down Reply
Author

Mauresmo as Andy's new coach.

(Read 12279 times)
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #300 on: August 03, 2014, 02:19 PM »

Accordingly to the article she's committed to 25 weeks per year, anyone know how that compares to Lendl's commitment? I don't know how many he had agreed with Andy.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #301 on: August 03, 2014, 02:41 PM »

That would be more than Ivan, assuming it's true.

I've often wondered how someone like Dani can handle all of that travelling, and he's the one from his support team who has the most to do during a typical tournament, as well as for the off-season.  He needs to stay physically fit too etc.    I'm sure he enjoys it most of the time, and as others have suggested, I think he will be a sought after primary elite coach once Andy retires, but it must be quite a strain on maintaining any kind of personal life.  Ultimately, he has to go where Andy wants to go, and sometimes he might want to go somewhere else, or just stay home.

His twitter lists Miami/London as his home, but I think he'll feel that Miami, where he went to university, is more of his natural home, but then his family home is Venezuela, and I don't know how often he gets back, or how practical it is for his family to go to him.  If Amelie is taking on a larger role than Ivan, it does free up Dani to have a few extra weeks off.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #302 on: August 03, 2014, 05:00 PM »

Like others, if it's accurate, I think overall it's good news.   Amelie is really committing to Andy - beyond what comms had expected - and any rift with Dani is healed but this allows him not to have to travel week in, week out with Andy.  So fingers crossed the Mail is right (as in correct) for once.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #303 on: August 03, 2014, 10:18 PM »

Accordingly to the article she's committed to 25 weeks per year, anyone know how that compares to Lendl's commitment? I don't know how many he had agreed with Andy.
20 weeks.

Like others, if it's accurate, I think overall it's good news.   Amelie is really committing to Andy - beyond what comms had expected - and any rift with Dani is healed but this allows him not to have to travel week in, week out with Andy.  So fingers crossed the Mail is right (as in correct) for once.
In the absence so far of any substantiation of Dickson's report, then I think its accuracy has to be in doubt, certainly as far as Dani goes.  Also Andy looked too happy and relaxed in Miami for anything serious to be amiss in the Murray camp.  That said, I still hope that this report, provided he's aware of its existence, will prompt him to finally make the long-anticipated announcement, unless of course they're now waiting until the USO to see how things go.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #304 on: August 04, 2014, 02:57 AM »

Andy Murray wants to work with Amelie Mauresmo for 'long term'  [BBC Sport, 3 Aug at 22:09]

"We've agreed to work together and I think from both sides we're willing to do what it takes to make it work long term," Murray, 27, said on Sunday.

Photographs of Mauresmo at Murray's recent training camp in Miami  suggested the partnership would continue, and at a press conference ahead of this week's Rogers Cup in Toronto the British number one revealed their time together in Florida had been successful.

"I really enjoy working with her, she's helped me a lot," he said.

"She integrated well with the rest of the team. It's been a good start. Now it's about me producing the results."

Mauresmo and assistant coach Dani Vallverdu will both be at Flushing Meadows for the final Grand Slam of 2014.

"I sat down with her the day after Wimbledon, we made a plan for the next few months, in the build up to the US Open," Murray continued.

"Dani and Amelie will both be there at the US Open. That's the plan for now, but I plan on working with her for longer than post-US Open, for sure."

Full article - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/28634949

Hasty update by Mike Dickson of his original article, conurring with what BBC Sport says and adding that Dani is on holiday just now.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #305 on: August 04, 2014, 08:06 PM »

Hahahah, she's winning me over. Smile

RT @nidssserz: Hahaha epic! Amelie just asked Andy why he's "always like this" and made a shrug and pouty face.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #306 on: August 04, 2014, 09:21 PM »

RT @nidssserz: Hahaha epic! Amelie just asked Andy why he's "always like this" and made a shrug and pouty face.
Love it! Very Happy  I really do think Amelie will be good for Andy in more ways than one, and it was clear from the beginning that she wasn't short on humour!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #307 on: August 04, 2014, 09:28 PM »

roflmao Brilliant .
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #308 on: August 04, 2014, 09:32 PM »

Love it! Very Happy  I really do think Amelie will be good for Andy in more ways than one, and it was clear from the beginning that she wasn't short on humour!
I thiink she has aready figured him out.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #309 on: August 04, 2014, 10:29 PM »

I thiink she has aready figured him out.
We always suss out men a lot quicker than they suss us out - if they ever do!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #310 on: August 05, 2014, 12:56 PM »

The more I read about Amelie the more I like what I read.

According to this Independent piece things haven't been signed and sealed yet and there isn't a formal commitment beyond USO though clearly a willingness on both sides

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murray-looking-for-longterm-deal-with-coach-amelie-mauresmo-9647833.html
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #311 on: August 05, 2014, 11:06 PM »

The more I read about Amelie the more I like what I read.

According to this Independent piece things haven't been signed and sealed yet and there isn't a formal commitment beyond USO though clearly a willingness on both sides

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murray-looking-for-longterm-deal-with-coach-amelie-mauresmo-9647833.html
I think it's probably wise to give the arrangement time to bed in before finalising a contract, buy I'm sure that if Andy is keen that the arrangement continue then Amelie's position as Fed Cup captain won't be an obstacle, and it isn't as if he doesn't know what that involves particularly as his Mum is GB's captain.  I doubt he'd relish having to find yet another coach now anyway.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #312 on: August 06, 2014, 12:41 PM »

Would love to know what his reply was!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #313 on: August 06, 2014, 05:56 PM »

Would love to know what his reply was!
Hope he was remembering his manners and was polite to a lady. wink

Anyway if today's performance was anything to go by, it looks as though she's done Andy some good, although there's no doubt that his extra physical training in Miami has paid dividends.  If Andy feels 100% physically fit it gives him more confidence, and if he has that then he plays better, so I'd say it's probably a combination of the two.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #314 on: August 06, 2014, 06:25 PM »

Looks like she may have helped with the serve too [now who was the tosser on another thread who said a woman couldn't?  confused  Whistle ]   I think too she may have encouraged him to rediscover the variety that used to be at the heart of his game, which he said was his main tactic today.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »