Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] Go Down Reply
Author

Mauresmo as Andy's new coach.

(Read 11920 times)
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #315 on: August 06, 2014, 06:44 PM »

When he plays with variety he plays with the joy for the game he used to play with. Always felt he lost some of that in striving to win a slam. Now he can match up variety, joy and pain free slam winning belief - what a prospect!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #316 on: August 06, 2014, 06:55 PM »

Looks like she may have helped with the serve too [now who was the tosser on another thread who said a woman couldn't?  confused  Whistle ]   I think too she may have encouraged him to rediscover the variety that used to be at the heart of his game, which he said was his main tactic today.
I wonder if maybe the fact he hadn't used that variety for a year or so was because some of these shots were ones he couldn't play because of his back?  Could well be combination of both though because his back hasn't been an issue for a while, but maybe he just needed the confidence to play them again and Amelie helped him with that.  After all, a woman's touch can be invaluable!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #317 on: August 06, 2014, 07:50 PM »

yes that could well be it Aileen but I have a feeling that perhaps Amelie will put more emphasis on that variety than Ivan did - after all he learned it from his mother in part
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #318 on: August 07, 2014, 09:34 PM »

Saw this on twitter a couple of days ago - don't think it's been posted. An interview in L'Equipe, translated (I think) by Mark Nixon

Mauresmo - "It suited me that they asked me not to talk, especially to the British journalists."
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s2vge4
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #319 on: August 08, 2014, 12:49 AM »

Saw this on twitter a couple of days ago - don't think it's been posted. An interview in L'Equipe, translated (I think) by Mark Nixon

Mauresmo - "It suited me that they asked me not to talk, especially to the British journalists."
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s2vge4
Very wise, imo.

Also I like the fact that she didn't waste any time in getting to the bottom of what caused Andy's loss against Dimitrov.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #320 on: August 08, 2014, 08:39 AM »

very good interview - instils plenty of confidence
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Mauresmo as Andy's new coach. « Reply #321 on: August 09, 2014, 01:57 AM »

Having read this again, it would be interesting to know what Andy would say, assuming she's referring to him and not Lendl (confusing punctuation here) -

(Has he said how you're different from Lendl?)

I think we're very different. He made a huge change there, Andy. He'd explain it a lot better than I.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »