Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Wawrinka in 2
Wawrinka in 3

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33 Go Down Reply
Author

MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka

(Read 8748 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #390 on: April 18, 2013, 06:58 PM »

Andy seems to get an awful lot of viruses (if indeed this is the problem here), so maybe he should look into some alternative medicine to help boost his immune system.  On the other hand I think he works himself far too hard in the belief that physical perfection is the key to winning tournaments - and unfortunately in this respect workaholic Lendl is about the last person he should have as his coach.  Taking more holidays away from tennis would probably do him the same good, if not better, as any type of preventative medicine.
Does Andy really get ill that often given how much long distance travel he does and how much he pushes his body?  That said I'm all in favour of complementary medicine to boost his immune system and more rest - but that's not his way is it and never will be I think.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #391 on: April 18, 2013, 07:03 PM »

Does Andy really get ill that often given how much long distance travel he does and how much he pushes his body?  That said I'm all in favour of complementary medicine to boost his immune system
As the old saying goes," there,s no such thing as a free meal"......even as in this case......medicine. no
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #392 on: April 18, 2013, 07:05 PM »

There's a lot to be said for practice makes perfect but sometimes playing a match is better. I just keep hearing I need to practice more why not enter barcelona get some practices in a match  environment. 
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #393 on: April 18, 2013, 07:08 PM »

I agree Tessie but if he's not feeling that well, no point I guess and he might be afraid of another early exit.   We have to just trust that he and Lendl know what they're doing. 
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #394 on: April 18, 2013, 07:09 PM »

Does Andy really get ill that often given how much long distance travel he does and how much he pushes his body?  That said I'm all in favour of complementary medicine to boost his immune system and more rest - but that's not his way is it and never will be I think.
As I'm sure, you know.  Some people are just pre-disposed to stuff, and if he does have a weak immune system, then travelling and pushing his body are not going to do him any favours.  I'm not sure he's any different to anyone else, though.  There are times Djock and Fed lose in similar fashion, but we're all so busy laughing, we forget. 
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #395 on: April 18, 2013, 07:11 PM »

I wouldn't say he is ill that often. In that interview he wasn't right. If you have a physical injury then you can often get through for a short period of time, but when that slightly raised temperature and shivers hit you, it can knock you for six quite quickly. It's a horrible feeling. He might still have lost against Warwrinka on clay, but to lose so badly, so quickly suggests something else is going on. If he was that fragile he wouldn't have lasted so long at the top of the game. Remember the bulk of his points come from the big, high pressure tournaments, not the diddy little 250's that are Ferrer's hunting ground. A fortnight ago he won another Masters. This week he screwed up. We all need to take the rough with the smooth.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #396 on: April 18, 2013, 07:11 PM »

I agree Tessie but if he's not feeling that well, no point I guess and he might be afraid of another early exit.   We have to just trust that he and Lendl know what they're doing. 

If he is poorly then I agree.  But I sometimes think flexibility of schedule is hampered by the when and where of mr Lendl
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #397 on: April 18, 2013, 07:14 PM »

That's true - I suppose they'd agreed that Lendl would spend next week in practice with him and they're going to stick to that.
Btw Nole looked like he wasn't well either - I wonder whether he'd have beaten Stan, a rather tougher proposition when on song than Pico.  And he came close to losing to him at AO after all.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #398 on: April 18, 2013, 07:24 PM »

Who said he wasn't well? I missed that  confused
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #399 on: April 18, 2013, 07:24 PM »

That's true - I suppose they'd agreed that Lendl would spend next week in practice with him and they're going to stick to that.
Btw Nole looked like he wasn't well either - I wonder whether he'd have beaten Stan, a rather tougher proposition when on song than Pico.  And he came close to losing to him at AO after all.
I think Stan would of won against Nole today. Something like 64 64. 
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #400 on: April 18, 2013, 07:27 PM »

I think Stan would of won against Nole today. Something like 64 64. 
Maybe - but it's not relevant.  Andy lost, and that's that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #401 on: April 18, 2013, 07:29 PM »

Perhaps not all that often, but when he does he seems to take long time to get over it.  I can think of a few instances, e.g. last year the chest infection he picked up en route to Tokyo, the virus at the 2009 AO, and similar at the 2010 USO where ironically he was also given a shock exit at the hands of Wawrinka, then the world #25 - all of which affected him for quite a while afterwards, the 2010 virus recurring again in Beijing, although it didn't stop Andy from going on to take Shanghai from Fed's grasp.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #402 on: April 18, 2013, 07:30 PM »

Speculation. No-one knows anything but are looking for some reason why this was such a bad day for Andy.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #403 on: April 18, 2013, 07:30 PM »

it's just speculation Angie.  A number of people said he didn't look well during match and at presser and someone said he was breathing hard early in the match,  But he'd be the last person to tell us if so, and it's always possible we're all clutching at straws to explain such a tame defeat!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #404 on: April 18, 2013, 07:31 PM »

We don't know - just speculating. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 33 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »