Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Wawrinka in 2
Wawrinka in 3

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 33 Go Down Reply
Author

MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka

(Read 10359 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #225 on: April 18, 2013, 01:54 PM »

I somehow wish they'd booed him earlier. That might have got him into full fettle like last year at RG.

There were a few boos when he walked in at the start. Weird.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #226 on: April 18, 2013, 01:54 PM »

Oh well, Andy is still prone to blips and as we know he can't win them all.

Fed is defending 1000 points in Madrid, whilst Andy is defending a total of 0, order in the rankings should be restored soon enough.

THat's good.

So how many points in Andy losing now?
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #227 on: April 18, 2013, 01:54 PM »

Seriously? ranting
IP Logged
Ghostbuster
Futures Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #228 on: April 18, 2013, 01:55 PM »

But why? What's in store?

I think that meant tanking as in tonking. You are obsessed with tanking!! He didn't tank. He was just hammered. I imagine he will possibly ask for a Barcelona WC now. Might be worth him playing the qualifiers actually!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #229 on: April 18, 2013, 01:55 PM »

Disappointing result. Frown Stan's a very tough player to have to face so early in the clay season. Andy's clearly got a lot to work on before his next tournament. But at least now he knows what he has to work on - better than facing an easy opponent imo.

I wonder if he'll take a WC into Barcelona? He looks like he needs the match practice.
I thought that too.  The player list seems to be full but I'm sure they'll have a wildcard on reserve just in case.
IP Logged
mina

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #230 on: April 18, 2013, 01:55 PM »

roger will get the no2 again , good help by stan
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #231 on: April 18, 2013, 01:55 PM »

Agreed Linda.  He needed something to fire him up.  

I can't go with that. Why does he need all this additional help to fire him up? He needs to be on it most of the time. Maybe a few times, when it's not needed as much, he can let it go, but to do it more often than not is not a very good attitude. I don't like it.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #232 on: April 18, 2013, 01:56 PM »

I am finding this result very odd. Not sure what's going on. I know Andy isn't  Nadal on clay but he isn't this terrible either. This has to be his most terrible performance of the year.

I know. Losing to Stan is kinda fine. But losing to Stan like this....something seriously wrong.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #233 on: April 18, 2013, 01:56 PM »

Seriously? ranting

What's up with these folk Frown lousy gits
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #234 on: April 18, 2013, 01:56 PM »

What's up with these folk Frown lousy gits

I know! Poor Andy.
IP Logged
Ghostbuster
Futures Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #235 on: April 18, 2013, 01:57 PM »

Oh well, Andy is still prone to blips and as we know he can't win them all.

Fed is defending 1000 points in Madrid, whilst Andy is defending a total of 0, order in the rankings should be restored soon enough.

I don't think the issue is that it's another blip, or losing number 2. Like you say, he will be back there soon without much fuss. The disappointment here is that it's basically crushed any and all expectations of any success on clay. He seems further away than ever, whilst being, overall, a better player than he's ever been. I, like many others, thought he was ready to finally make a good run on the surface this year. It might be time to accept that, for whatever reason, he's just never going to do it on clay.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #236 on: April 18, 2013, 01:57 PM »

I know! Poor Andy.
He's been around long enough to not let that get to him, I feel.  Shrug
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #237 on: April 18, 2013, 01:57 PM »

I don't think Andy's too popular with the French.  Their reception of him has never been good.  Think they feel miffed he's beaten so many of their players.  They're the worst sportsmen in the world anyway.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #238 on: April 18, 2013, 01:58 PM »

Think they feel miffed he's beaten so many of their players.

They have got to deal with it if that's the stupid reason.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #239 on: April 18, 2013, 01:59 PM »

I can't go with that. Why does he need all this additional help to fire him up? He needs to be on it most of the time. Maybe a few times, when it's not needed as much, he can let it go, but to do it more often than not is not a very good attitude. I don't like it.
I can't either, to be honest.  Bad day at the office is what we need to think - and everybody has 'off days'. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 33 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »