Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Wawrinka in 2
Wawrinka in 3

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 33 Go Down Reply
Author

MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka

(Read 8801 times)
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #240 on: April 18, 2013, 01:59 PM »

Oh well, Andy is still prone to blips and as we know he can't win them all.

Fed is defending 1000 points in Madrid, whilst Andy is defending a total of 0, order in the rankings should be restored soon enough.

Except that if Andy plays like that ..he might still have 0 points in madrid.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #241 on: April 18, 2013, 02:00 PM »

He's been around long enough to not let that get to him, I feel.  Shrug
I never thought I'd say this but I'd have been very happy if he'd thrown a strop like he would have done in the past.  That passive non-resistance was worrying.
IP Logged
Simone

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #242 on: April 18, 2013, 02:00 PM »

I finally get to see an Andy match live (on the computer!) and that's the one I get??!!! Frown

I don't think Andy was not trying at all - he was getting totally outplayed by someone who is much more match fit on this surface, is in very good form this season and also had a winning record on this surface against Andy too - this equals BIG confidence for his opponent.

I can see why people think he wasn't trying - but the lack of emotion I think was because he didn't want to make it any worse than it was by cracking the sads!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #243 on: April 18, 2013, 02:01 PM »

Hard match up for Andy , second match,  I don't doubt for one minute he will get better, it's not his best surface, still think he will have an amazing year. All the commentators are saying its hard for Andy going from hard to clay. It will be interesting to see who does do well here.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #244 on: April 18, 2013, 02:01 PM »

Very strange match. I know Andy. He doesn't lose it like this unless he's not as serious. A poor show before RG to keep the expectation lower? Not meet with Nadal before RG either? Who knows what's in plan.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #245 on: April 18, 2013, 02:01 PM »

Doesn't sound as though he's considering Barcelona from what he said in his press conf. Just says he's got to work hard before Madrid and, of course,acknowledges fully it was a bad match.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #246 on: April 18, 2013, 02:02 PM »

Very strange match. I know Andy. He doesn't lose it like this unless he's not as serious. A poor show before RG to keep the expectation lower? Not meet with Nadal before RG either? Who knows what's in plan.

You think this is planned?
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #247 on: April 18, 2013, 02:02 PM »

Lets go back to queens last year. Lost first game at queens and we all know what happened there.  Stan had played 12 previous matches on clay prior to this it was andys 2nd game on his least favourite surface. I am disappointed with how badly he lost but onwards and upwards to Madrid.   
IP Logged
Ghostbuster
Futures Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #248 on: April 18, 2013, 02:02 PM »

Can people stop with the "he hasn't played as much as Wawrinka on clay" excuse? He hasn't played as much as Karlovic on clay either. And neither has Djokovic. That's how the clay season works when the top players only arrive at Monte Carlo. Does he get excused if he loses first round at Barca and Madrid too, as it will only be his third and fourth matches compared to Starace's 12th or something daft?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #249 on: April 18, 2013, 02:03 PM »

Neil Harman ‏@NeilHarmanTimes 6m
Murray into press within two minutes of end of match, at a loss to know why he played so badly. "I know I have to improve on that," he said

IP Logged
Ghostbuster
Futures Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #250 on: April 18, 2013, 02:03 PM »

Absolutely. Clayray tanking so he can take everyone by surprise at RG. Put his name on the trophy now.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #251 on: April 18, 2013, 02:04 PM »

Pathetic and rude French !!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #252 on: April 18, 2013, 02:07 PM »

I don't think the issue is that it's another blip, or losing number 2. Like you say, he will be back there soon without much fuss. The disappointment here is that it's basically crushed any and all expectations of any success on clay. He seems further away than ever, whilst being, overall, a better player than he's ever been. I, like many others, thought he was ready to finally make a good run on the surface this year. It might be time to accept that, for whatever reason, he's just never going to do it on clay.
I too thought he would be a good contender on clay this year especially with Lendl to help - maybe he's not quite there yet, so many things with Andy seem to be 'just round the corner', except for Olympic Gold and USO and the many displays of obvious sublime talent. He's Andy - not Rafa or Novak - just our Andy.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #253 on: April 18, 2013, 02:07 PM »

Doesn't sound as though he's considering Barcelona from what he said in his press conf. Just says he's got to work hard before Madrid and, of course,acknowledges fully it was a bad match.
To be honest I'd be surprised if he did consider Barcelona given that he was so adamant earlier in the year that he'd be cutting down on minor tournies.  Shame really because the best way after today's performance would be to get more match practice before Madrid.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #254 on: April 18, 2013, 02:08 PM »

I don't think Andy's too popular with the French.  Their reception of him has never been good.  Think they feel miffed he's beaten so many of their players.  They're the worst sportsmen in the world anyway.

They are without a doubt but mind you, they used to dislike Nadal just as much especially when he was up against Federer, but Nadal has shrugged those off a long time ago.

Could this be a national thing as well? Just seems the crowd a bit selective.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 33 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »