Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Wawrinka in 2
Wawrinka in 3

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 33 Go Down Reply
Author

MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka

(Read 10193 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #285 on: April 18, 2013, 02:44 PM »

I think Andy has his demons to cope with on clay.  Please let this be the year he manages to get rid of them.  yes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #286 on: April 18, 2013, 02:45 PM »

There's no doubt that Andy needs to bring his goods against players like Wawrinka especially on clay. And to face him this early is also another factor as that didn't give Andy enough to prepare for Stan on this surface. That leaves only one thing though. Andy's not at all good on clay if he needs one to many matches just to get in shape for a well-rounded match. I am still finding this a bit hard to digest it.  He lost 6-1, 6-2. He did not make at least 1 set a bit more competitive than that and he had no business not winning majority of his 1st serve points at least. They weren’t even 50%. Andy's serve has taken a major dip.
Emma, you're starting to sound like a record with the needle stuck in a groove.  Please give it a rest!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #287 on: April 18, 2013, 02:47 PM »

There are optimists and pessimists in the world.  Boogers is one of the latter.  Very Happy

I don’t think he’s a pessimist though – just an opportunist.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #288 on: April 18, 2013, 02:47 PM »

We've heard that one before, but that was a while ago - but he's a professional player so he must know the reason why.  If he doesn't then I don't doubt Lendl will soon tell him!
Oh come on Aileen I think you yourself have said in past that it's a lot to expect players to give interview immediately after match.  I suspect Andy knows very well why but he's not going to tell the media. And even if he's not sure what went wrong immediately on leaving the court, he will when reflecting on it.  But as you say, Lendl will soon tell him, if not. 
I fear it was just one of those days that we hoped we'd no longer see with Andy.  It was of course very disappointing but he himself says it takes time for him to get used to the clay whereas Stan is good on clay and already had 12 matches under his belt.  Like others I wish Andy would take a wc for Barca rather than just carry on practising as he needs those clay matches if he's to get anywhere at RG.  It's just possible Lendl will recommend changing the schedule in light of this defeat I suppose.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #289 on: April 18, 2013, 02:48 PM »

Emma, you're starting to sound like a record with the needle stuck in a groove.  Please give it a rest!

Please let me give my opinion which I am entitled to. If you don't like it, you can choose not to read it. I do that half the time.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #290 on: April 18, 2013, 02:49 PM »

I don’t think he’s a pessimist though – just an opportunist.
He annoys the **** out of me, but I truly don't think he'd waste his time on here, if that were the case, EJ.  I would hope an opportunist would have better things to do with his time.  Like it or lump it - agree or disagree - he's an Andy fan.  Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #291 on: April 18, 2013, 02:51 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean by 'something going on'.  Do you mean they are 'at it'? Or that there are just circumstances and events dictating things?

Just that the top players are really gunning for RG and they don't want to spend too much energy fighting each other beforehand. Just a hunch though. I can't prove it but will be good to come back to this thread should anything interesting happens. This has a similar tone to Chardy match just prior USO but of course RG is by no means an easy feat especially for Andy. But never say never.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #292 on: April 18, 2013, 02:53 PM »

He needs much more match practice. I'd hoped he'd go to Barca, too.

I saw Borg was at the match. The former King of Clay.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #293 on: April 18, 2013, 02:53 PM »

He annoys the **** out of me, but I truly don't think he'd waste his time on here, if that were the case, EJ.  I would hope an opportunist would have better things to do with his time.  Like it or lump it - agree or disagree - he's an Andy fan.  Smile

Hope so, really. Anyway, I am off to back to back meetings. Smile
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #294 on: April 18, 2013, 02:55 PM »

He needs much more match practice. I'd hoped he'd go to Barca, too.

I saw Borg was at the match. The former King of Clay.

I saw him today in the crowd.  Be still my beating heart.  I fancied him when I was 12, and it hasn't gone away!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #295 on: April 18, 2013, 02:57 PM »

Oh come on Aileen I think you yourself have said in past that it's a lot to expect players to give interview immediately after match.  I suspect Andy knows very well why but he's not going to tell the media. And even if he's not sure what went wrong immediately on leaving the court, he will when reflecting on it.  But as you say, Lendl will soon tell him, if not. 
I fear it was just one of those days that we hoped we'd no longer see with Andy.  It was of course very disappointing but he himself says it takes time for him to get used to the clay whereas Stan is good on clay and already had 12 matches under his belt.  Like others I wish Andy would take a wc for Barca rather than just carry on practising as he needs those clay matches if he's to get anywhere at RG.  It's just possible Lendl will recommend changing the schedule in light of this defeat I suppose.
My apologies Ruthie.  What I said was in the heat of the moment but that feeling of acute disappointment is rapidly passing.  And yes I still think it's very unfair that players who've just lost are interviewed so soon after coming off court.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #296 on: April 18, 2013, 03:02 PM »

My apologies Ruthie.  What I said was in the heat of the moment but that feeling of acute disappointment is rapidly passing.  And yes I still think it's very unfair that players who've just lost are interviewed so soon after coming off court.

Andy's choice today I think Aileen - some surprised tweets from journos about Andy coming straight to press conference. Not much need for ice baths etc  after that match perhaps!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #297 on: April 18, 2013, 03:03 PM »

I got to see a little of the first set then my satellite went out due to storms and that was it.  I watched the live update while eating breakfast then in the car on the way to work.  When it became 4-2 in the second set with Andy broken, I put down the phone and did not pick it up till I got into work.

Since the AO not including, Andy has had 52 aces compared to 81 in the AO, he has had 34 double faults, compared to 6, and his first serve average is 57.2 compared to 64.2 % in AO.  What is going wrong with his serve?  Why all these double faults, he has only been over 60% twice since the AO.  As much as I love Andy, he must become more consistent in his serve.  It has to be a weapon, so I think Ivan better start working with him on this.  Andy lost his #2 ranking today to someone who isn't even playing at the moment.  He just gave it to him.  I guess I don't care what the reason was that he lost today, he is a better player than what he is showing.  I didn't see it, but he didn't seem to be fighting today to keep that ranking.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #298 on: April 18, 2013, 03:04 PM »

Andy's choice today I think Aileen - some surprised tweets from journos about Andy coming straight to press conference. Not much need for ice baths etc  after that match perhaps!
Perhaps!  I suspect though he just wanted to get the misery of the press conference out of the way as quickly as possible.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #299 on: April 18, 2013, 03:09 PM »

Couldn't watch again today-but now that I've seen the news about the match,I can't say that's one I'm too sorry to have missed!

Sounds like a rotten day at the office for our man.Sigh Frown
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 33 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »