Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Wawrinka in 2
Wawrinka in 3

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 33 Go Down Reply
Author

MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka

(Read 9469 times)
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #300 on: April 18, 2013, 03:09 PM »

Clay isn't his surface - Berdych has gone out as well. Live with it folks. He has only lost 90 points. He gets a good rest. I would imagine that there is something wrong. Lets wait and see, but above all get off his back.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #301 on: April 18, 2013, 03:10 PM »

I got to see a little of the first set then my satellite went out due to storms and that was it.  I watched the live update while eating breakfast then in the car on the way to work.  When it became 4-2 in the second set with Andy broken, I put down the phone and did not pick it up till I got into work.

Since the AO not including, Andy has had 52 aces compared to 81 in the AO, he has had 34 double faults, compared to 6, and his first serve average is 57.2 compared to 64.2 % in AO.  What is going wrong with his serve?  Why all these double faults, he has only been over 60% twice since the AO.  As much as I love Andy, he must become more consistent in his serve.  It has to be a weapon, so I think Ivan better start working with him on this.  Andy lost his #2 ranking today to someone who isn't even playing at the moment.  He just gave it to him.  I guess I don't care what the reason was that he lost today, he is a better player than what he is showing. I didn't see it, but he didn't seem to be fighting today to keep that ranking.
He's said at least once since Miami that the No.2 ranking doesn't mean much to him in the long-term scheme of things, which is to ultimately become No.1, and certainly dropping a matter of a few points behind Fed isn't exactly worth agonising about - just so long as he can make up for it in Madrid where he has 0 points to defend but where Fed has to defend his title.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #302 on: April 18, 2013, 03:11 PM »

What Andy says:

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #303 on: April 18, 2013, 03:12 PM »

He needs much more match practice. I'd hoped he'd go to Barca, too.

I saw Borg was at the match. The former King of Clay.
Looking as hunky as ever!  hearts
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #304 on: April 18, 2013, 03:13 PM »

I feel there's something going on with the top players. Federer is taking an extended break. Nole got injured all of a sudden and there's now this tension lurking always around him that, he might suddenly withdraw or lose. One of his ardent fans actually told me just yesterday that he's expecting Nole to lose here in MC, so that he wouldn't have to play Nadal before RG. Nadal, of course, doesn't have to do any of these things. He's quite comfortable and confident on this surface and has won RG too many times. He’s the man to beat after all. So anyway, whatever it is, we'll find out after RG. I can't say for sure that Lendl isn't planning something more effective. It's not just how you play but also how you plan things. So again, will have to wait for this season to be over, so that we can look back and explain a few things maybe. On the other hand, this could also be just a plain loss as well.

bull****.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #305 on: April 18, 2013, 03:13 PM »

Looking as hunky as ever!  hearts
He's mine - damn you!  Sword fight  Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #306 on: April 18, 2013, 03:21 PM »

What Andy says:

I'm not happy with all the twitching and face touching.  Too reminiscent of some of the old Andy interviews, but I can understand why he felt uncomfortable facing the press after that loss.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #307 on: April 18, 2013, 03:23 PM »

Bad Day at the Office ............................  We all have days where nothing goes right, AM has to do it in the glare of world wide publicity and then watch his entire "bad day" be dissected bit by bit and also his character be dismantled and his future questioned.  One bad match on his least favoured surface.   Sure it's disspointing and gutting because we are all AM fans, but putting it into perspective it's early days and dissapointing and gutting results are usually followed by something spectacular.

One word - PERSPECTIVE............
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #308 on: April 18, 2013, 03:25 PM »

I'm not happy with all the twitching and face touching.  Too reminiscent of some of the old Andy interviews, but I can understand why he felt uncomfortable facing the press after that loss.

Yeah, looks very uncomfortable there. As the video was progressing, I was distracted by all those twitching and all and not really caring about what he was saying.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #309 on: April 18, 2013, 03:26 PM »

Bad Day at the Office ............................  We all have days where nothing goes right, AM has to do it in the glare of world wide publicity and then watch his entire "bad day" be dissected bit by bit and also his character be dismantled and his future questioned.  One bad match on his least favoured surface.   Sure it's disspointing and gutting because we are all AM fans, but putting it into perspective it's early days and dissapointing and gutting results are usually followed by something spectacular.

yay
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #310 on: April 18, 2013, 03:27 PM »

I'm not happy with all the twitching and face touching.  Too reminiscent of some of the old Andy interviews, but I can understand why he felt uncomfortable facing the press after that loss.

Watch it closely. I would put money on him having or being in the process of developing some form of bug. The poor sods not well. He is definitely sniffing. He certainly doesn't look too distraught. There might well be some relief.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #311 on: April 18, 2013, 03:29 PM »

Bad Day at the Office ............................  We all have days where nothing goes right, AM has to do it in the glare of world wide publicity and then watch his entire "bad day" be dissected bit by bit and also his character be dismantled and his future questioned.  One bad match on his least favoured surface.   Sure it's disspointing and gutting because we are all AM fans, but putting it into perspective it's early days and dissapointing and gutting results are usually followed by something spectacular.
yes And we Andy fans should know that by now, but it is sometimes difficult in the emotion of the moment to see things in their true perspective - as is evidenced on various match threads on here.

Watch it closely. I would put money on him having or being in the process of developing some form of bug. The poor sods not well. He is definitely sniffing. He certainly doesn't look too distraught. There might well be some relief.
You could be right, especially as Andy seems to pick up bugs quite regularly.  Maybe he's just one of those unfortunate people who have weak immune systems - something that all the physical training he does won't help.  In fact it could well be the reason why he's so prone to infections.  He definitely needs to take more holidays like all the other players do and give his body more rest.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 18, 2013, 03:34 PM ] IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #312 on: April 18, 2013, 03:32 PM »

He beat Warwinka in the Olympics. I know when I would rather Murray beat him given a choice. Wawrinka has only got 3 singles titles. As you say so well - perspectives folks.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #313 on: April 18, 2013, 03:33 PM »

He beat Warwinka in the Olympics. I know when I would rather Murray beat him given a choice. Wawrinka has only got 3 singles titles. As you say so well - perspectives folks.
Clay - that's the thing...
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #314 on: April 18, 2013, 03:36 PM »

He's mine - damn you!  Sword fight  Very Happy
Share and share alike Elly.  You and I can have him on alternate days. lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 33 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »