Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Wawrinka in 2
Wawrinka in 3

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33 Go Down Reply
Author

MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka

(Read 9507 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #405 on: April 18, 2013, 07:33 PM »

it's just speculation Angie.  A number of people said he didn't look well during match and at presser and someone said he was breathing hard early in the match,  But he'd be the last person to tell us if so, and it's always possible we're all clutching at straws to explain such a tame defeat!

Aahh OK thanks Ruthie, I thought it may have been mentioned in the media and I had missed it. Here's hoping it was just an off day ( albeit a seriously off day ) and Hes not picked something up that will throw him back a while.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #406 on: April 18, 2013, 07:46 PM »

Andy seems to get an awful lot of viruses (if indeed this is the problem here), so maybe he should look into some alternative medicine to help boost his immune system.  On the other hand I think he works himself far too hard in the belief that physical perfection is the key to winning tournaments - and unfortunately in this respect workaholic Lendl is about the last person he should have as his coach.  Taking more holidays away from tennis would probably do him the same good, if not better, as any type of preventative medicine.

My other concern is that something could be up with Ross, or even just the fact that his friend's illness is weighing heavily on him, perhaps more than he even realises.

I remember that  Ruthie. hug  The French though must be the least sporting-minded people in the world.  All they want is for their own to win and nothing else matters.  Also there was no shortage of Wawrinka supporters present today - presumably tarred with the same Swiss brush as the Fed ones at the WTF.
Aileen Ross was there today, they put the cameras on him and he looked fine; they mentioned he was making a good recovery assuming that everyone knew what he was recovering from.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #407 on: April 18, 2013, 07:48 PM »

^ So good to hear, for him and his family. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #408 on: April 18, 2013, 07:49 PM »

Aahh OK thanks Ruthie, I thought it may have been mentioned in the media and I had missed it. Here's hoping it was just an off day ( albeit a seriously off day ) and Hes not picked something up that will throw him back a while.
At least there's nearly three weeks before he has to play again, so hopefully enough time to get over whatever it was that was bugging him - if indeed anything was.  For all we know maybe he just had a sleepless night, and that can happen to anyone.

Aileen Ross was there today, they put the cameras on him and he looked fine; they mentioned he was making a good recovery assuming that everyone knew what he was recovering from.
Thanks Jan.  I didn't see that, but I'm very happy for Ross that his recovery seems to be progressing well.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #409 on: April 18, 2013, 07:51 PM »

Its clay... I am not surprised.    Also Wawrinka is a great player.     Worrying the way Andy lost this match though.  58 mins, winning just 3 games.  Yikes. 

He hits so many puff balls on the clay, its so awful to watch him play like that,   I'm pretty sure Andy won't win a clay title this year.   Moving on to the grass.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #410 on: April 18, 2013, 07:53 PM »

Ross was there???? Awwwwww that's great, sure Andy mentioned that Riss was thinking of coming out, glad he made it over.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #411 on: April 18, 2013, 07:55 PM »

I prefer the face to face meetings. yes

Me too. yes
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #412 on: April 18, 2013, 07:57 PM »

Me too. yes
Good girl.
IP Logged
Moozza

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #413 on: April 18, 2013, 07:59 PM »

Todays match does not concern me in the slightest. I have no doubt Andy will go on to have a good clay season, if not he will definitely be back to his best when grass comes.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #414 on: April 18, 2013, 08:00 PM »

I think Stan would of won against Nole today. Something like 64 64.  
Me too .
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #415 on: April 18, 2013, 08:04 PM »

Having looked at the three that went out today.  Delpo went to No 49, Berdych to N0 32 and Andy to No 17.  So it was not too bad.  I always thought the Delpo and Berdych were good players on clay.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #416 on: April 18, 2013, 08:05 PM »

Oh that is good news. Really wish Ross well.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #417 on: April 18, 2013, 08:10 PM »

Here's a pic of Ross Smile

IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #418 on: April 18, 2013, 08:10 PM »

Maybe it was the start-time that upset Andy? Just a thought but kick-off was early afternoon which is really the middle of the night to Andy. I reckon he played the first couple of games and couldn't stay awake after that.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #419 on: April 18, 2013, 08:12 PM »

Maybe it was the start-time that upset Andy? Just a thought but kick-off was early afternoon which is really the middle of the night to Andy. I reckon he played the first couple of games and couldn't stay awake after that.
I don't think I buy that 'BigNose'.  Just wasn't his day, for whatever reason.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »