Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Wawrinka in 2
Wawrinka in 3

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 Go Down Reply
Author

MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka

(Read 9702 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #420 on: April 18, 2013, 08:12 PM »

What Stan said:

“To beat Andy that easy was a big surprise, for sure,” Wawrinka, the world No 17, said. “When he’s looking for his game, it’s much better to play him on a clay court. For me it’s perfect because he’s playing so slow, he give me so many easy ball to kill him.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/10003537/Monte-Carlo-Masters-2013-Andy-Murray-struggles-in-straight-sets-defeat-to-Stanislas-Wawrinka.html

IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #421 on: April 18, 2013, 08:12 PM »

I was sorry to have missed the match today as I had to go out. Sorry for Andy that he lost, it was never going to be an easy match for Andy to win. Stans a good player after all and the clay is his favorite surface. Don't think I will bother watching the highlights latter no point really as I don't fancy watching Andy getting a drubbing.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #422 on: April 18, 2013, 08:14 PM »

Maybe it was the start-time that upset Andy? Just a thought but kick-off was early afternoon which is really the middle of the night to Andy. I reckon he played the first couple of games and couldn't stay awake after that.
Behave, Pinnochio.  Liar
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #423 on: April 18, 2013, 08:14 PM »

What Stan said:

“To beat Andy that easy was a big surprise, for sure,” Wawrinka, the world No 17, said. “When he’s looking for his game, it’s much better to play him on a clay court. For me it’s perfect because he’s playing so slow, he give me so many easy ball to kill him.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/10003537/Monte-Carlo-Masters-2013-Andy-Murray-struggles-in-straight-sets-defeat-to-Stanislas-Wawrinka.html

It's the Clay...
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #424 on: April 18, 2013, 08:17 PM »

Having looked at the three that went out today.  Delpo went to No 49, Berdych to N0 32 and Andy to No 17.  So it was not too bad.  I always thought the Delpo and Berdych were good players on clay.

They are but both are not as consistent.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #425 on: April 18, 2013, 08:18 PM »

Here's a pic of Ross Smile

Seems Matt Little is back too!
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #426 on: April 18, 2013, 08:20 PM »

Sometimes a good beatdown is the medicine Andy needs.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #427 on: April 18, 2013, 08:38 PM »

Sometimes a good beatdown is the medicine Andy needs.

Agree. Andy will turn things around on clay.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #428 on: April 18, 2013, 08:50 PM »

Here's a pic of Ross Smile

Surely this picture is from MC a couple of years back? -2010 I think  - with Miles & Alex Corretja. Ross played dubs with Andy that year.

Miles was in the studio with Marcus today - don't think Matt Little was in Andy's box - and I thought I heard them say that Ross would be watching from home today cheering Andy on...
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #429 on: April 18, 2013, 08:54 PM »

Sky said Ross is currently undergoing a round of treatment and there is an article in one of the papers about it today too. They also said they had spoken to him and things were going well and he would be watching. 
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #430 on: April 18, 2013, 09:02 PM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/dreadful-andy-murray-beaten-and-booed-at-the-monte-carlo-masters-8578632.html

Kinda sums up Andy's day. Came home  and watched recording without knowing score. When he missed the break points in game two I got the feeling it just wouldn't be Andy's day - though tried to ignore it as it was so early in the match. Hey ho, we all have our off days. Andy won't be happy but will also put it into pesrpective and hopefully learn from it. Wish he was playing Barcelona to get more matches. However, if he feels practice is better right now it's his call. Onwards and upwards!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #431 on: April 18, 2013, 09:17 PM »

Surely this picture is from MC a couple of years back? -2010 I think  - with Miles & Alex Corretja. Ross played dubs with Andy that year.

Miles was in the studio with Marcus today - don't think Matt Little was in Andy's box - and I thought I heard them say that Ross would be watching from home today cheering Andy on...
Seems like it's not just Andy who is off their game today.  doh
Jan said he was there and they put the cameras on him, and I thought that was the pic.  sorry
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #432 on: April 18, 2013, 09:21 PM »

Seems like it's not just Andy who is off their game today.  doh
Jan said he was there and they put the cameras on him, and I thought that was the pic.  sorry

Hey - no worries. We all can have 'one of those days'  hug
Roll on Madrid.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #433 on: April 18, 2013, 09:39 PM »

Who said he wasn't well? I missed that  confused

Watch the press Conferance, linked on here, and see what you think. He definately has sniffles, and to me doesn't look well. I don't think I am clutching at straws. I am  (I am told), very good at picking up when folks are feeling rough - one of my odd talents.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #434 on: April 18, 2013, 09:47 PM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/dreadful-andy-murray-beaten-and-booed-at-the-monte-carlo-masters-8578632.html

Kinda sums up Andy's day. Came home  and watched recording without knowing score. When he missed the break points in game two I got the feeling it just wouldn't be Andy's day - though tried to ignore it as it was so early in the match. Hey ho, we all have our off days. Andy won't be happy but will also put it into pesrpective and hopefully learn from it. Wish he was playing Barcelona to get more matches. However, if he feels practice is better right now it's his call. Onwards and upwards!
ooh you're made of sterner stuff than I am westie.  If I've missed the match and recorded it I won't put myself through the suspense of not knowing the outcome.  In this instance, I wouldn't have watched it and no don't watch the highlights caroline - there were none really from the perspective of an Andy fan.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »