Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Wawrinka in 2
Wawrinka in 3

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 Go Down Reply
Author

MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka

(Read 10034 times)
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #435 on: April 18, 2013, 09:51 PM »

ooh you're made of sterner stuff than I am westie.  If I've missed the match and recorded it I won't put myself through the suspense of not knowing the outcome.  In this instance, I wouldn't have watched it and no don't watch the highlights caroline - there were none really from the perspective of an Andy fan.

I don't often do it actually, mostly due to time constraints. It's very  hard to keep away from all sources of results.  And definitely don't recommend anyone bother with the 'highlights'.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #436 on: April 18, 2013, 10:24 PM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/dreadful-andy-murray-beaten-and-booed-at-the-monte-carlo-masters-8578632.html

Kinda sums up Andy's day. Came home  and watched recording without knowing score. When he missed the break points in game two I got the feeling it just wouldn't be Andy's day - though tried to ignore it as it was so early in the match. Hey ho, we all have our off days. Andy won't be happy but will also put it into pesrpective and hopefully learn from it. Wish he was playing Barcelona to get more matches. However, if he feels practice is better right now it's his call. Onwards and upwards!

I did the same as you just started watching recording up til 4-1 first set fast forward watched first 5 games 2nd set fastforwarded to handshake. Glad i wasn't able to watch live as fastforward button made this bearable - lol!

Poor from Andy particualry because of the promise he showed yesterday, not disputing the obvious that Wawa is a far superior player to Vasselin, but Andy's approach to the match was very good yesterday, he hit through his FH played some great variety and served really well. Today he hit powder puff Fhs, showed little variety and served really poorly!!

I thought Andy was on entry list for barca anyway so was suprised to hear he's not! i would like him very much to reconsider skipping Barca, practice is no substitute for matches.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #437 on: April 18, 2013, 10:40 PM »

Seems like it's not just Andy who is off their game today.  doh
Jan said he was there and they put the cameras on him, and I thought that was the pic.  sorry

Well here's another who was off their game.  Last night I ordered some groceries to be delivered from Tesco and included, as I always do, a request for cases of pet food for a friend who comes and picks them up (saves two lots of delivery charges).  Now said friend has two cats, yet this time I ordered tins of dog food ...  Luckily I noticed it before the delivery man left so was able to return them.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #438 on: April 18, 2013, 11:31 PM »

Having looked at the three that went out today.  Delpo went to No 49, Berdych to N0 32 and Andy to No 17.  So it was not too bad.  I always thought the Delpo and Berdych were good players on clay.
Well a few upsets then today, wont make us or Andy feel better, but it sets things in perspective a bit. Thanks Tamila!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #439 on: April 18, 2013, 11:36 PM »

I thought Andy was on entry list for barca anyway so was suprised to hear he's not! i would like him very much to reconsider skipping Barca, practice is no substitute for matches.
I agree, but it seems Andy wishes to return to London in a few days before going to Madrid.  Not exactly vast distances to travel, but he'll need to get to Madrid quite early in order to acclimatise to the altitude there.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #440 on: April 19, 2013, 12:16 AM »

Surely this picture is from MC a couple of years back? -2010 I think  - with Miles & Alex Corretja. Ross played dubs with Andy that year.

Miles was in the studio with Marcus today - don't think Matt Little was in Andy's box - and I thought I heard them say that Ross would be watching from home today cheering Andy on...

Ross definitely isn't in the picture, not unless he's suddenly changed his skin colour and turned into Alex Corretja.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #441 on: April 19, 2013, 12:25 AM »

I agree, but it seems Andy wishes to return to London in a few days before going to Madrid.  Not exactly vast distances to travel, but he'll need to get to Madrid quite early in order to acclimatise to the altitude there.

I find the back to London for a few days a bit odd.    Just hope there are no personal problems.
I'm trying to go along with your "bad day at the office" Aileen but can't help feeling that it was an extraordinarily bad day.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #442 on: April 19, 2013, 12:31 AM »

Re Andy's health, I don't think he's anymore prone to stuff than any other player. I think most sportsmen say there is always a fine line with very fit athletes though, between being well and being ill. Even if Andy does have a bug I don't think he would say anything. He wouldn't want to appear to be making an excuse.  He didn't mention the back problem until it caused big problems at the FO last year, but it was obvious throughout the clay season that he wasn't quite right.

Speaking of people not being well, I reckon Djokovic will be shown the door next. He just looks a bit 'off' to me.

As for Stan, I hope he beats Tsonga tomorrow, then I hope he pushes Rafa all the way. I don't mean to be disrespectful, we all know how brilliant Rafa is on clay, but the 'ode to Rafa' in commentary every day, even when he isn't on court, is annoying now. All this 'the King' stuff is pathetic, as if he needs that kind of approval.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #443 on: April 19, 2013, 12:48 AM »

Reply with quote Modify message Remove message
I don't get it, Andy says to play better on Clay, he needs match Practice on Clay... surely it makes sense for him to play Barcelona then, no?

Imo he should even play a few rounds at Houston / Casablanca each year, just to get into the groove of things.

I sometimes don't get his scheduling, he's so intent on becoming better on clay but doesn't seem to be taking the steps even he implys will improve his game on clay....
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #444 on: April 19, 2013, 12:55 AM »

Maybe it was the start-time that upset Andy? Just a thought but kick-off was early afternoon which is really the middle of the night to Andy. I reckon he played the first couple of games and couldn't stay awake after that.

Blaming a start time?

Hahahahaha.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #445 on: April 19, 2013, 01:01 AM »

I find the back to London for a few days a bit odd.    Just hope there are no personal problems.
I'm trying to go along with your "bad day at the office" Aileen but can't help feeling that it was an extraordinarily bad day.
I don't see anything odd about a return to London.  Andy hasn't been home for a while and no doubt that there are things he wants to attend to which can best be attended to there before he returns to the Continent until after RG.

Also it may have been an exceptionally bad day but Andy has had them before, albeit very infrequently, so therefore I'm not unduly worried.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #446 on: April 19, 2013, 01:04 AM »

Ross definitely isn't in the picture, not unless he's suddenly changed his skin colour and turned into Alex Corretja.
Did you scroll the bar along the bottom to the right? You'll see him then. wink
But it is an old pic.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #447 on: April 19, 2013, 01:19 AM »

I don't see anything odd about a return to London.  Andy hasn't been home for a while and no doubt that there are things he wants to attend to which can best be attended to there before he returns to the Continent until after RG.

Also it may have been an exceptionally bad day but Andy has had them before, albeit very infrequently, so therefore I'm not unduly worried.

He should not go back to London, he should play in Barcelona.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #448 on: April 19, 2013, 01:21 AM »

He should not go back to London, he should play in Barcelona.

But you make that statement without knowing all the facts.    Only Andy and his team know ALL the facts.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #449 on: April 19, 2013, 01:22 AM »

But you make that statement without knowing all the facts.    Only Andy and his team know ALL the facts.

Andy claims he needs match practice to play well on clay. Going back to London isn't match practice.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »