Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Wawrinka in 2
Wawrinka in 3

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 Go Down Reply
Author

MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka

(Read 9778 times)
rob92
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #450 on: April 19, 2013, 01:24 AM »

Maybe Andy's in London to pick up his OBE.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #451 on: April 19, 2013, 01:24 AM »

Andy claims he needs match practice to play well on clay. Going back to London isn't match practice.
he and the team have been managing his schedule for along time ...think they know what he should or should not do.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #452 on: April 19, 2013, 01:25 AM »

We need to wait until the clay season is over and reserve all our comments until then. I really think we need to be patient at this point.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #453 on: April 19, 2013, 01:26 AM »

Maybe Andy's in London to pick up his OBE.
Now there's a thought - although I still don't think it would be the sole reason for his return to London.

What Stan said:

“To beat Andy that easy was a big surprise, for sure,” Wawrinka, the world No 17, said. “When he’s looking for his game, it’s much better to play him on a clay court. For me it’s perfect because he’s playing so slow, he give me so many easy ball to kill him.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/10003537/Monte-Carlo-Masters-2013-Andy-Murray-struggles-in-straight-sets-defeat-to-Stanislas-Wawrinka.html
A very interesting article and one that helps put today's performance into perspective.  Also I've dug out the MW match report on the equally disastrous match against Kohlschreiber in 2010 to which Simon Briggs refers in his article, the only difference being that that one was played during Andy's post-AO slump, whilst this one came right on top of his Miami win - http://www.murraysworld.com/news/article/15616/forum/forum/index.php
[ Last edit by Aileen April 19, 2013, 01:30 AM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #454 on: April 19, 2013, 01:27 AM »

he and the team have been managing his schedule for along time ...think they know what he should or should not do.

His schedule frankly is silly if he's trying to be serious about clay.

Playing just the Masters and the slam on clay isn't going to help him at all.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #455 on: April 19, 2013, 01:30 AM »

Andy claims he needs match practice to play well on clay. Going back to London isn't match practice.

He says that in an interview.    But we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.    It's all speculation on our part and I speculate as much as anyone else, possibly more.    I want to go along with a bad day at the office, then I think of how he looked, sniffly and not breathing well, then Kim not being as smiley as usual at Indian Wells and Miami.   Is it personal problems?   We don't know and you can't make a proper judgement without knowing all the facts.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #456 on: April 19, 2013, 01:32 AM »

His schedule frankly is silly if he's trying to be serious about clay.

Playing just the Masters and the slam on clay isn't going to help him at all.
It would be silly to injure himself in some 250. I think 3 masters is enough practice!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #457 on: April 19, 2013, 01:34 AM »

He says that in an interview.    But we don't know what goes on behind the scenes.    It's all speculation on our part and I speculate as much as anyone else, possibly more.    I want to go along with a bad day at the office, then I think of how he looked, sniffly and not breathing well, then Kim not being as smiley as usual at Indian Wells and Miami.   Is it personal problems?   We don't know and you can't make a proper judgement without knowing all the facts.
I didn't notice that about Kim, but I truly hope that there's no problem there because, apart from anything else, that could have the potential to screw up his season for the foreseeable future given how much he relies on her for moral support.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #458 on: April 19, 2013, 01:40 AM »

It would be silly to injure himself in some 250. I think 3 masters is enough practice!

I'm not worried about Roland Garos, he always makes at least the Last 16/QF there, which is more than enough for a slam on a surface he doesn't play well on.

But if he's serious about world number 1, he needs to perform better at these 3 masters.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #459 on: April 19, 2013, 01:53 AM »

You finally getting to watch live, Bev??  cmon yeah

I was until we had a major power cut! doh  I managed a game and a bit.  The tennis gods must have known that it was a match I shouldn't see.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/news/8571097/Cambridge-powercut-hits-12-000
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #460 on: April 19, 2013, 01:58 AM »

I was until we had a major power cut! doh  I managed a game and a bit.  The tennis gods must have known that it was a match I shouldn't see.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/news/8571097/Cambridge-powercut-hits-12-000
Maybe it was an electrical fault that caused the explosion to cause the electrical fault.
Sorry you missed it, Bev, but then again.. Frown
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #461 on: April 19, 2013, 01:59 AM »

I'm not worried about Roland Garos, he always makes at least the Last 16/QF there, which is more than enough for a slam on a surface he doesn't play well on.

But if he's serious about world number 1, he needs to perform better at these 3 masters.
Well what I don't understand is that not so long ago Andy was saying how he needed to play, and hopefully win, minor tournaments in order to do better at Masters and in Slams, yet he skipped Dubai and is now skipping Barcelona, both in the interests of "practising".  I truly don't see what he hopes to achieve this way, or even what made him change his tune, since I can't believe Lendl doesn't know the value of getting in as much match practice as possible,
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #462 on: April 19, 2013, 02:02 AM »

He's quite the conundrum is our Andy.

Here's another one for the speculation theory list:

Are they still filming the documentary?
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #463 on: April 19, 2013, 02:07 AM »

Well what I don't understand is that not so long ago Andy was saying how he needed to play, and hopefully win, minor tournaments in order to do better at Masters and in Slams, yet he skipped Dubai and is now skipping Barcelona, both in the interests of "practising".  I truly don't see what he hopes to achieve this way, or even what made him change his tune, since I can't believe Lendl doesn't know the value of getting in as much match practice as possible,
Let's see won Brisbane, made Australian Open Final, made Indian Wells QF and wins Miami. What a disastirous start to 2013.  Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: MC R3: Andy Murray vs Stanislas Wawrinka « Reply #464 on: April 19, 2013, 02:15 AM »

Let's see won Brisbane, made Australian Open Final, made Indian Wells QF and wins Miami. What a disastirous start to 2013.  Whistle
That wasn't what I was inferring.   If you bother to read my post properly you'll see I'm talking about Andy changing his mind.  He was quite adamant at the end of last year that he would play more minor tournaments this year for the reason I stated, yet come the AO he was equally adamant that he wouldn't be doing so.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 19, 2013, 02:18 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »