Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami R2: Murray vs Falla 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami R2: Murray vs Falla

(Read 4261 times)
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 02:19 AM »

Yes. No coverage here in US. So live update is all there is. Let's hope that Falla looks past Andy. And Andy comes out playing great tennis. It seems like a lot of tennis players worry about getting through their first match of a tournament. Lendl should be in the box which hopefully will give Andy confidence.
So good luck Andy and good tennis to you!  Go out there and defeat Falla!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 04:08 AM »

Disgraceful that the first half of R2 is being ignored, especially as Nadal is playing as well. grr  And I hate the suspense involved in watching live scores!

I'm glad Andy got Falla and not Istomin.  At least he has played Falla before.  Hopefully pray nervous he'll get a comfortable match under his belt to set him up for a possible meeting with Raonic, a player who could cause him a few problems.

cmonandy
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 06:39 AM »

Come on Andy! No more first rounditis! We want a Falla beat down! toot
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #33 on: March 23, 2012, 07:30 AM »

Realise I'll be out this afternoon - quite relieved in a way as I think I'd find following on live score even worse for the nerves than watching the match.  You don't even have the consolation of seeing the tennis.  So after IW inevitably  nervous
Heard a clip of Andy on radio this morning and he certainly isn't underestimating Falla, pointing out that he had match point against smugfed at Wimbledon a couple of years ago.  I'm quite sure he and Mr L will have prepared very carefully for this match and sounds like practice has been going well [though I have to say experience suggests talk of great practice doesn't always translate into great match play]. I just hope that it's Andy not Falla who is on fire today.   cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #34 on: March 23, 2012, 10:53 AM »

Realise I'll be out this afternoon - quite relieved in a way as I think I'd find following on live score even worse for the nerves than watching the match.  You don't even have the consolation of seeing the tennis.  So after IW inevitably  nervous
Heard a clip of Andy on radio this morning and he certainly isn't underestimating Falla, pointing out that he had match point against smugfed at Wimbledon a couple of years ago.   I'm quite sure he and Mr L will have prepared very carefully for this match and sounds like practice has been going well [though I have to say experience suggests talk of great practice doesn't always translate into great match play]. I just hope that it's Andy not Falla who is on fire today.   cmon yeah cmon yeah
Andy never under-estimates his opponents, but, as for that Wimbledon match, I understand from somebody who watched it that Fed was having an unusual off-day in that he seemed very lethargic.  Andy beat Falla 7-6, 6-1 in Washington that year, so he will know exactly what to do.  Still feel nervous though!

I'm still fuming at not being able to watch ANY matches today.  All I can find on livestreams are Challengers - whilst the cream of the game are in action in Miami!!!  Beggars belief, really.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #35 on: March 23, 2012, 11:24 AM »

Andy never under-estimates his opponents, but, as for that Wimbledon match, I understand from somebody who watched it that Fed was having an unusual off-day in that he seemed very lethargic.  Andy beat Falla 7-6, 6-1 in Washington that year, so he will know exactly what to do.  Still feel nervous though!

I'm still fuming at not being able to watch ANY matches today.  All I can find on livestreams are Challengers - whilst the cream of the game are in action in Miami!!!  Beggars belief, really.

It certainly does.  Can't understand the logic of it when you've got all these top 20 players in action and nooone can watch them.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #36 on: March 23, 2012, 11:49 AM »

It certainly does.  Can't understand the logic of it when you've got all these top 20 players in action and nooone can watch them.
AND to make matters worse the ATP are trumpeting on their match website the fact that Nadal is playing (no mention of Andy Rolling Eyes) yet their own livestream isn't even showing today's matches.  I just don't get it.  Surely ESPN, the Tennis Channel or CBS must be televising it?! 
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #37 on: March 23, 2012, 12:01 PM »

Roll up, roll up, watch the top players in the world! clapping  Oh, maybe not doh  Excellent planning Sony Ericsson Open.  You really shot yourself in the foot there naughty
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #38 on: March 23, 2012, 12:07 PM »

There's been quite a lot of this sort of discussion amongst various journalist on twitter, and probably elsewhere:

Simon Cambers ‏ @scambers73
I know it's been discussed but how can Miami think itself the 5th slam when it's not even on TV until Saturday (in UK at least)? Pathetic

18h Matt Cronin  @TennisReporters
@scambers73 Not on TV here til Saturday either, which means there is no real world feed yet

18h Simon Cambers ‏ @scambers73
@TennisReporters What are they doing? Was there some dispute or something? Makes absolutely no sense otherwise

18h Matt Cronin‏ @TennisReporters
@scambers73 Not sure if they could sell the rights to the first four days. I bet they would have if someone was interested

18h Jörg Allmeroth‏ @Almighurt
@TennisReporters @scambers7   Eurosport?

Simon Cambers  ‏ @scambers73
@Almighurt @TennisReporters Not until Sunday on Eurosport in the UK
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #39 on: March 23, 2012, 12:18 PM »

Why is Miami considered the 5th Slam anyway? Why not Indian Wells instead? Has Miami been around longer or something? Is there more prize money on offer? Think
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #40 on: March 23, 2012, 12:20 PM »

Why is Miami considered the 5th Slam anyway? Why not Indian Wells instead? Has Miami been around longer or something? Is there more prize money on offer? Think
Good point - I thought there was talk about IW as a 5th slam last week.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #41 on: March 23, 2012, 12:28 PM »

I see the prize money was raised. Apparently Mr Smug was paid a million dollars when he won the final at IW.
Also in the times today Mr Smug has been saying that there might be a boycott from other players as they want a bigger split of the prize money not sure of the percentage. They are complaining that the top player are paid too much. They want more for players who would be knocked out early to be paid more. Mr Smug was talking as a representative of the Players Council.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 12:31 PM »

Good point - I thought there was talk about IW as a 5th slam last week.
This should help answer your questions - http://www.thetennisspace.com/opinion/indian-wells-or-miami-which-is-tenniss-fifth-grand-slam/

Meanwhile I understand from somebody in the know that the reason today's matches aren't being televised is because CBS is the host broadcasting company and THEY dictate all TV, radio and live-streaming schedules - something which is all probably down to advertising, although I'm not sure just how that works - so, nothing anyone can do about it I'm afraid.  Just a pity Andy couldn't have been scheduled to play tomorrow, and His Smugship today!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #43 on: March 23, 2012, 12:41 PM »

This should help answer your questions - http://www.thetennisspace.com/opinion/indian-wells-or-miami-which-is-tenniss-fifth-grand-slam/

Haha, well done Aileen- but it doesn't know either! Article ends....
So there you have it. Two very different, but brilliant, tennis tournaments, both battling to be dubbed ‘the fifth grand slam.’ What do you think?
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #44 on: March 23, 2012, 01:41 PM »

AND to make matters worse the ATP are trumpeting on their match website the fact that Nadal is playing (no mention of Andy Rolling Eyes) yet their own livestream isn't even showing today's matches.  I just don't get it.  Surely ESPN, the Tennis Channel or CBS must be televising it?!  
Aileen T/C saiys they have extensive coverage starting on saturday at 11am.Had a look at the schedule and it states coverage in miami from 10am until11pm.
[ Last edit by iamabritt March 23, 2012, 02:15 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »