Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami R2: Murray vs Falla 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami R2: Murray vs Falla

(Read 4255 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « on: March 22, 2012, 12:14 AM »

Some Andy tennis action can't come soon enough!  I'm fed up cheesed off of seeing a certain someone on the tv atm

Not on the OOP for Thursday, so possibly Friday, which someone maybe has already mentioned.  Will post when I know Very Happy

Andy due to play 11 am local time, Friday 23rd March, on Stadium Court, so 3 pm UK time. Very Happy

So these 2 have technically met twice, as the H2H below shows.

Falla is a lefty and Andy has a good record against lefties.

One point/game/set/match at a time.

cmonandy

* Murray vs Falla.JPG (104.59 KB, 681x809 - viewed 63 times.)
[ Last edit by Bevc March 22, 2012, 11:42 PM ] IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 09:07 AM »

This'll be tomorrow (Friday) - the other half of the draw is playing today and Djoko is on on Saturday.

Got to win this one, surely. I don't understand why he's consistently been struggling in first rounds - why should he find it so hard to start a tournament? If he doesn't win this one, then I refuse to watch him anymore - until Monte Carlo.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 09:47 AM »

I'm sure that will be a real incentive to win eh Joe!
It sounds as if there was a very specific problem at IW that he has sorted out with Mr L and I really don't think this is a repeat of last year.  That said I will be  nervous
Trouble with Friday match is that it's not being televised here in UK, which is annoying as it's one of the rare days I'm at home and able to watch one of Andy's matches these days.
Interesting that the score lines were so similar 5 years apart in their previous matches.   
 Anyway just hope that Andy can put all the doubts behind him and play a good match.  I'm sure it's good that it's against someone he knows rather than Istomin.   cmon yeah
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 09:55 AM »

If he doesn't win this one, then I refuse to watch him anymore - until Monte Carlo.

lol

Clay season = I hate tennis (or the fact that I can't see the ball properly on the tv screen).  I'm sure someone has mentioned it's because the type of clay they use - perhaps they should change the colour of the blooming ball then! grr

A Friday match suits me fine!  Will be Saturday here, so weekend, but may have to juggle morning coffee and cake in town though Think
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 09:57 AM »

Cahill picked up on the fact that Andy was mis-firing on his backhand in his final against Fed in Dubai and he carried that over to his second round match in IW - which he though was significant in both the losses.  He did go on to say that he now seems to be hitting it well so crossed fingers for Friday.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 10:05 AM »

Just checked, and my coverage on tv doesn't start until Sunday (Saturday their time Rolling Eyes ).
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 10:08 AM »

Just checked, and my coverage on tv doesn't start until Sunday (Saturday their time Rolling Eyes ).
Yes that 's because they're not televising at all till Saturday US time - what a drag eh Bev.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 10:10 AM »

Yes that 's because they're not televising at all till Saturday US time - what a drag eh Bev.

yes  Wonder if it's worth joining ATP coverage? Think

nah  They don't start coverage until the Saturday.  naughty

No wonder Fedex is in Nole's side of the draw Whistle
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 10:23 AM »

lol

Clay season = I hate tennis (or the fact that I can't see the ball properly on the tv screen).  I'm sure someone has mentioned it's because the type of clay they use - perhaps they should change the colour of the blooming ball then! grr

A Friday match suits me fine!  Will be Saturday here, so weekend, but may have to juggle morning coffee and cake in town though Think

I may have totally dreamt this, but isn't Madrid switching to blue clay this year? Think

I've come around to clay court tennis in the last couple of years. I used to be bored by the fact that all the South Americans and obscure Spaniards came out of the woodwork to populate the draws, but there have been some great matches on the surface between the top guys.
I like the idea of outdoor tennis, in the springtime, in some of the great cities of Europe too - Paris, Rome, Madrid, Barcelona, etc. Would love to go along to one of them at some point and combine a day at the tennis with a city break, perhaps.

It also probably helps that Andy has improved immensely on clay, so I have a genuine interest deep into each tournament! lol
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 10:34 AM »

By Jove, you're right! Blue is the new red. Some brainchild of a doubles grand slam winner (can't post link as I'm on the iPod now) but should give better contrast to spectators, so I will have to test that one out. I think Monte Carlo is the one I struggle the most with but Andy's excellent run on clay last year will probably have me gripped again this year Very Happy
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 10:48 AM »

Dont think Nadal will like blue clay, isnt he the one who didnt like a green hard court recently.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 11:01 AM »

No I think Nadal is really against the blue clay - wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play Madrid this year as out of all the clay tournaments, the altitude at Madrid suits him the least.

I love the Monte Carlo tournament - the setting next to the sea is just beautiful. Smile
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 12:07 PM »

I may have totally dreamt this, but isn't Madrid switching to blue clay this year? Think

I've come around to clay court tennis in the last couple of years. I used to be bored by the fact that all the South Americans and obscure Spaniards came out of the woodwork to populate the draws, but there have been some great matches on the surface between the top guys.
I like the idea of outdoor tennis, in the springtime, in some of the great cities of Europe too - Paris, Rome, Madrid, Barcelona, etc. Would love to go along to one of them at some point and combine a day at the tennis with a city break, perhaps.

It also probably helps that Andy has improved immensely on clay, so I have a genuine interest deep into each tournament! lol

Its great that Andy is coming of age on the red stuff. Its really got me looking forward to the CC season. That and the fact that Novak shall be gunning for Nadal. Used to live near MC and would love to go back for the tournament. The Nadal/Murray match (which bar Andy's injury and the treatment wearing off & a few poor line calls could have gone to Andy) was tremendous. But even better was the Novak/Murray semi in Rome,
Andy really should have won that one too. Love Italy but never been to Rome for some reason so I think i'm going to check it out in May.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme March 22, 2012, 01:46 PM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 03:33 PM »

Andy doesn't care what people think:

http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/142286.html

"I might look more stressed out than some of the other guys, but I don't mind people thinking that. That way, when they meet me, they are pleasantly surprised. I'm probably in a better position than if I was always laughing and joking. Hopefully people will judge me when I actually speak to them."

"Some people might say that I'm not the best role model, but I take my job very, very seriously; I don't go out partying, I don't smoke, drink, or take drugs - any of that stuff, which a lot of footballers and rugby players have done, I've led a fairly clean life."
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Miami R2: Murray vs Falla « Reply #14 on: March 22, 2012, 04:55 PM »

Andy doesn't care what people think:

http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/142286.html

"I might look more stressed out than some of the other guys, but I don't mind people thinking that. That way, when they meet me, they are pleasantly surprised. I'm probably in a better position than if I was always laughing and joking. Hopefully people will judge me when I actually speak to them."

"Some people might say that I'm not the best role model, but I take my job very, very seriously; I don't go out partying, I don't smoke, drink, or take drugs - any of that stuff, which a lot of footballers and rugby players have done, I've led a fairly clean life."

Well done Andy - you tell 'em!!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »