Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Bakeray 2.0 in 2. - 6 (16.7%)
Bakeray 2.0 in 3. - 21 (58.3%)
Joker Vich in 2. - 3 (8.3%)
Joker Vich in 3. - 5 (13.9%)
Comedy 5th option. - 1 (2.8%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 61 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic

(Read 15411 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #45 on: March 26, 2014, 06:23 AM »

@Prod
What you said came over as a very stark and uncompromising statement. If you'd said, "I think Novak will win because....." I don't think people would've minded. As it is, you've given your opinion as if there could be no alternative and Andy is bound to lose. The outcome is by no means so inevitable, though likely because I don't think Andy is at the top of his game yet. The points against Tsonga were very short, whereas Nole will make him run and run, I guess that will be too much for Andy at the mo. Very happy to be wrong of course.
One of the comms said Jez Green had told him he doesn't expect Andy to be back where he was for another two months.  He should know!

Meanwhile Bevc, where are you? Your H2Hs are so brilliant. clap
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #46 on: March 26, 2014, 07:04 AM »

was about to say something v similar to bbh.  Of course prod you have the right to say it how you see it and sometimes those most pollyanish about Andy's chances are the loudest in condemnation, if he doesn't come up to expectations.  But putting it in the way you did almost sounded defiant even though I'm sure that's not how you meant it.  How about I fear that....or something like that?   I fear it too but my main concern really is that Andy's back is ok and that he continues to play as well as it sounds like he did against jwt. And if he does then who knows what might happen esp as Nole has been looking a bit shaky recently.
IP Logged
althusser
Satellite Level

I Conquer

Re: Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #47 on: March 26, 2014, 07:13 AM »

An important match. If he can win, he is Back
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Challenger Level

"I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar"

Re: Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #48 on: March 26, 2014, 07:14 AM »

Really hard to call this one.  In my heart of hearts I've gone for Andy in 3, but I do have a niggling feeling that Novak could take it.  It's going to come down to how well Andy is playing and how whatever he "jarred" or "injured" last night has recovered.  I was unable to watch the stream again as it wouldn't connect, so was following on twitter (and here) and he won.  Maybe I should do that again?
So long as Andy plays well, that is all that matters right now, he is looking good and I'm loving the messages on the camera (which I like to think are to us fans lol)
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #49 on: March 26, 2014, 07:15 AM »

what was the latest message eeyore?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #50 on: March 26, 2014, 07:50 AM »

^ Keep calm
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #51 on: March 26, 2014, 07:53 AM »

3 years since what exactly?  His back only started giving him trouble at the beginning of 2012, unless it seems longer than that to him.  I'd would have been really  concerned though if he'd had the trainer give him on-court treatment because that's something Andy has only ever had when he's been in real distress.

Also he did say that what it was hadn't impaired his movement (which was very obvious) and that things had loosened up as the match went on, which sounds like it could have been a muscle spasm.  Painful but not disastrous and hopefully nothing his physio can't sort out before this match, although it's possible he might take pain-killers as a precaution.

Taking it as a  positive sign that he didn't go straight to physio but did all his press (opposite to what happened at Wimbledon v Youhzny). Better go to work now.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #52 on: March 26, 2014, 08:17 AM »

was about to say something v similar to bbh.  Of course prod you have the right to say it how you see it and sometimes those most pollyanish about Andy's chances are the loudest in condemnation, if he doesn't come up to expectations.  But putting it in the way you did almost sounded defiant even though I'm sure that's not how you meant it. 

I was going to say that too!

I realise Prodigy likes to write in very short, partial sentences, never mind give explanations, so what is probably intended as an opinion, or intended to helpfully contribute knowledge reads more like a gloat, or childish defiance.  It risks coming across like some kind of football chant designed to wind up the opposition, when I'm sure some of the time that isn't the intention, but it can be hard to tell.

Apart from anything else, giving an explanation for reaching a particular opinion makes for a much better discussion.  We can all read the poll if people don't want to explain their views.

Personally, I would expect Nole to win too, but I hope Andy will make it competitive.  I am hopeful that Andy might be able to take Nole slightly by surprise.  If you can push the points situation to the back of your mind, Andy has a lot less to lose from this match, which will hopefully help him play more freely.

Andy has definitely been playing better, and getting into the habit of straight set wins is progress, but I've banged on often enough about how Andy's return to full form will be two steps forward, and one step back, so I remind myself as much as anyone else that we can't assume that his improved form is completely permanent.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #53 on: March 26, 2014, 08:27 AM »

To be fair, Lahurst, he is only calling it as he sees it.  That's allowed.
Of course he is. Absolutely allowed, but my reaction was due to Prods prediction summed up in only 3 words, expressed harshly, I felt.

Of course,  the form and deternination of Nole is a force to be reckoned with and, Andy has a formidable task. I also am preparing mentaly for a loss, but hope Andy finds a way through. Anything else would be unrealistic, give their rankings and Andys present fitness.
cmonandy
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #54 on: March 26, 2014, 08:35 AM »

This forum really is pathetic at times.

I am a fan of both Andy and Novak. I didn't want to cause a full controversy by stating my full opinion on this match because I know the 'no negative vibes'  comments will be out in full force. But whatever. I am always honest with my predictions, if I thought Andy was going to win, I would state it. But I don't, so why should I give myself false hope? Just not the kind of person to do that.

Funny thing is, I did the same for a Football match tonight. I support Manchester United and I do not really like Manchester City at all, but I predicted a City win and I was right. Of course I was not happy about them winning but it was much better than giving myself false hope only to be disappointed. I have enough disappointment in my life at the moment as it is..

That's funny, I'm a Man Utd fan too and they are definately "not back". Always prepared for a defeat since Fergie went. Great pity.
So, come on Andy and Manchester Utd. Smile
IP Logged
bubbles80
Satellite Level

Re: Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #55 on: March 26, 2014, 08:41 AM »

i think murray will come through but i think it will be a long match murray has alot to prove at the moment loosing his coach i think novak will want murray blood and making him earn every last point i think murray will dig deep and use experience from previous matches come on murray dont dessert him now guys he needs our support more than ever xxxx
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #56 on: March 26, 2014, 09:33 AM »

I think this is a tough call. I think Andy definitely can win, but the margins are always so tight with these two, it's so hard to call.

I think it comes down to a few things. Andy's serve, whether or not he has a good start. I think if he starts slowly Djokovic's tail will go up and the match could be over quickly. However, I think the slow starts are done now, so I'm not going to worry.

I think Andy is just about ready to face one of the other top players. He looks good, he's hitting it well and he looks confident again.

It will be interesting to see if Djokovic's confidence holds up today, given the history between the two. I very much doubt he'd regard today as a given for him.

I think it will be a tight one. If Andy is physically all right and he goes for it I can definitely see him edging it. We'll see.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #57 on: March 26, 2014, 09:50 AM »

I think this is a tough call. I think Andy definitely can win, but the margins are always so tight with these two, it's so hard to call.

I think it comes down to a few things. Andy's serve, whether or not he has a good start. I think if he starts slowly Djokovic's tail will go up and the match could be over quickly. However, I think the slow starts are done now, so I'm not going to worry.

I think Andy is just about ready to face one of the other top players. He looks good, he's hitting it well and he looks confident again.

It will be interesting to see if Djokovic's confidence holds up today, given the history between the two. I very much doubt he'd regard today as a given for him.

I think it will be a tight one. If Andy is physically all right and he goes for it I can definitely see him edging it. We'll see.
My feelings exactly TJ and I'm determined to stay positive, so Batman v The Joker.........bring it on!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #58 on: March 26, 2014, 09:51 AM »

You don't know me at all, so don't be quick to judge.

Why not?   You are.     Just give others the slack you expect for yourself.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Miami 2014 QF: Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic « Reply #59 on: March 26, 2014, 09:58 AM »

Only two votes for Andy in 2? Who's the other optimist.......is it you Mickey?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 61 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »