Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Bakeray in 2. - 17 (51.5%)
Bakeray in 3. - 15 (45.5%)
Tsonga in 2. - 0 (0%)
Tsonga in 3. - 0 (0%)
Comedy 5th option. - 1 (3%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

(Read 4631 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « on: March 23, 2014, 06:51 PM »

The flamboyant Frenchman is now on Andy's list in the fourth round of Miami. Tsonga hasn't looked great all this year, apart from a R4 appearance in the Australian Open, but he did manage to fight through a scrappy encounter with Baghdatis very well, after being two points from defeat. Tsonga is never an easy prospect as he is a former Top 10 player, and even now is ranked just outside at No. 11. This has all the makings of a blockbuster fourth round match.

The head to head of this match up is fairly one sided in the Scot's favour, 8-1. Tsonga last beating Murray in 2008. But, the head to head is not a good indicator of how good Tsonga can play against Murray, troubling him numerous times in the past, including their last meeting at Queens last year which went to three sets for Murray.

* Screen Shot 2014-03-23 at 18.51.18.png (154.23 KB, 439x662 - viewed 529 times.)
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray March 24, 2014, 12:37 AM ] IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 06:56 PM »

I watched his game against Marco and he won by the skin of his teeth.Not playing so well this year.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 07:01 PM »

watched first 2 sets of JWT's match today and really didn't think he deserved to win.  Don't know what has happened to him but he seems to have lost his way recently. It's a shame as I like him very much.  But very happy for him to remain on the missing persons list for Tuesday (which I don't think I'll be able to watch).  Cmon Andy  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 07:12 PM »

Well there's an interesting H2H (except for the boring pictures - give Bev a chance).

Does Tsonga play left-handed or right-handed I wonder?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 07:13 PM »

Well there's an interesting H2H (except for the boring pictures - give Bev a chance).

People asked for more info in the OP so I put the H2H there. Shrug
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 07:49 PM »

Strange not to know - there is only a choice of two.    Interesting, he's 7 kg heavier than Andy and 1" shorter.   He's a good mover for someone so heavily built.  I usually like Jo but not on Tuesday.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 08:03 PM »

I watched his game against Marco and he won by the skin of his teeth.Not playing so well this year.
Good Smile
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 08:05 PM »

He's right handed .
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 10:29 PM »

He's right handed .

Deb, Elena was referring to he Head to Head where under "plays" it says "unknown".    Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 12:03 AM »

People asked for more info in the OP so I put the H2H there. Shrug
Gangsta's right.  I'm sure he has no objection to Bev putting up her magnificent H2Hs, and as Bev is still willing to do them, maybe we should let her go back to doing so?  Even if they don't come right at the start of the thread members will still look for them.  I know I do.  These awful mug-shots are more befitting to a police station than tennis websites anyway.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 12:40 AM »

Nice, professional start to the thread, Connor.

Bev's input is always anticipatedy welcomed and enjoyed at any time.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 01:18 AM »

Bakeray in the poll is reference to the breadsticks and bagels he's given his opponents already by the way.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #12 on: March 24, 2014, 02:08 AM »

I did wonder how you came up with that, but good thinking there. lol
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #13 on: March 24, 2014, 07:30 AM »

Bakeray in the poll is reference to the breadsticks and bagels he's given his opponents already by the way.

Might have made more sense if you'd spell checked it first GM.   confused
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Miami 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga « Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 08:56 AM »

Might have made more sense if you'd spell checked it first GM.   confused

Lol Mickey. .dont think he meant to put bakery.

The Bake - ray Is in reference to his surname Mur -ray Wink
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »