Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 27 (58.7%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (37%)
Ferrer in 2 - 0 (0%)
Ferrer in 3 - 2 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 ... 104 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer

(Read 16330 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1455 on: April 01, 2013, 05:35 PM »

I've said that too. lol

And she gives me back a dirty look. Rolling Eyes

I suggest you plaster your room with giant Andy's posters and let her roll her eyes all day. She'll eventually get tired of it. lol

Dunno Sab though - I think I'd be very supportive of my children no matter what they like or choose.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1456 on: April 01, 2013, 05:38 PM »

I suggest you plaster your room with giant Andy's posters and let her roll her eyes all day. She'll eventually get tired of it. lol

Dunno Sab though - I think I'd be very supportive of my children no matter what they like or choose.

I always show off my wadrobe to anyone who comes home since there are around 200 pics of Andy stuck. Very Happy

She is supportive, but thinks I overdo it.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1457 on: April 01, 2013, 05:40 PM »

Is there anybody else who thought that Andy had hit the ball out during Ferrer's MP?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1458 on: April 01, 2013, 05:47 PM »

I always show off my wadrobe to anyone who comes home since there are around 200 pics of Andy stuck. Very Happy

She is supportive, but thinks I overdo it.

Yea, I think that's it. You teenagers....easily obsessed :p
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1459 on: April 01, 2013, 05:47 PM »

Yea, I think that's it. You teenagers....easily obsessed :p

It's Andy's fault. He's sooooooo charming. :P
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1460 on: April 01, 2013, 05:49 PM »

Is there anybody else who thought that Andy had hit the ball out during Ferrer's MP?

I wasn't sure so I wanted to wait and see. Part of me thought it was out; part of thought it was in. Though both were getting broken time and again, they both played risky tennis quite often during the 3rd set and despite the tension. Very courageous attempt by both.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1461 on: April 01, 2013, 05:50 PM »

My Facebook

had a makeover.

Fab!! My Facebook cover pic has been changed also Wink
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1462 on: April 01, 2013, 05:52 PM »

It's Andy's fault. He's sooooooo charming. :P

Indeed. I shall marry him. It will be a very big wedding. Whole MW are invited in advance.

Mark will be his best man. And you will be my maid of honour.

On that note, I log off since it's a pretty big news for MW to digest. :p
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1463 on: April 01, 2013, 05:53 PM »

I wasn't sure so I wanted to wait and see. Part of me thought it was out; part of thought it was in.

God, I was so sure it was out.

Though both were getting broken time and again, they both played risky tennis quite often during the 3rd set and despite the tension. Very courageous attempt by both.

Yes, it was brilliant to watch. clap
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1464 on: April 01, 2013, 05:53 PM »

My first thought was that it was definitely in.. then I started to doubt myself (after all, players rarely ever challenge mid-point unless they're quite confident), but thankfully it did catch the line. Watching it back today it quite clearly shot off the line. Ferrer probably so desperate for it to be over that he was a bit brash with the challenge.. although watching it back you clearly see him looking up at Murray stepping in to fire away a probable winner (although given the error count I'm glad we never got to find out) before challenging.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1465 on: April 01, 2013, 05:54 PM »

Indeed. I shall marry him. It will be a very big wedding. Whole MW are invited in advance.

Mark will be his best man. And you will be my maid of honour.

In your dreams. :P

I log off

Good riddance.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1466 on: April 01, 2013, 05:55 PM »

My first thought was that it was definitely in.. then I started to doubt myself (after all, players rarely ever challenge mid-point unless they're quite confident), but thankfully it did catch the line. Watching it back today it quite clearly shot off the line. Ferrer probably so desperate for it to be over that he was a bit brash with the challenge.. although watching it back you clearly see him looking up at Murray stepping in to fire away a probable winner (although given the error count I'm glad we never got to find out) before challenging.

Yep, that made me even more sure.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1467 on: April 01, 2013, 06:02 PM »

That is one attractive blur.

Didn't want to show my face.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1468 on: April 01, 2013, 06:03 PM »

Didn't want to show my face.

Why did you hide your surname too? No use since I know it. :P
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1469 on: April 01, 2013, 06:04 PM »

I was thinking about how Andy and David might feel today. Andy knackered but on a high, and David knackered on a low.. and I was feeling bad for David after such a tough loss.

But then I started remembering all those devastating GS losses we've been through with Andy before last USO. Nothing could have felt worse than those for Andy.
That's a very good point. I'm sure Andy remembers, which is why he was so generous towards David (and always), but thankfully not too generous during the match - at least not the tie-break.  Whistle

Fans of statistics, or those who are just interested in discussing Andy's unforced errors, might find this analysis interesting.  It shows the first set wasn't much cop for a player of Andy's standing (no surprises there), but sets two and three were actually very respectable.  It doesn't count the double-faults and general poor serving mind!
http://www.changeovertennis.com/stats-andy-murray-rights-the-ship-in-the-miami-final

This blog describes the blog as "beautiful ugly tennis", and gives a good perspective on the scrappy, but compelling play from the point of view of someone who is a bit less prone to disappointment over errors than a serious fan, nor looking to make something of errors like one of the haters.
http://www.sportskeeda.com/2013/04/01/andy-murray-saves-match-point-in-victory-over-david-ferrer-at-sony-open-final-miam/
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 ... 104 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »