Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 27 (58.7%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (37%)
Ferrer in 2 - 0 (0%)
Ferrer in 3 - 2 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 104 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer

(Read 15872 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « on: March 30, 2013, 01:15 AM »

So here we are, the final stage of Andy's road to Masters 1000 success. He will face David Ferrer on Sunday in the final to lift the trophy and secure his place as No 2 in the world for the second time in his career.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 01:17 AM »

Not sure what to expect.  Ferrer is so tenacious.  Am sure it will be a final worth the watching.  Look forward to it.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 01:58 AM »

Hope for the best 2 set match possible.

Not a Ferrer fan at all, but just want some people to be proven wrong.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 02:24 AM »

Who are these some people?
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 02:44 AM »

Who are these some people?

MTF
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 03:31 AM »

Just one step away from winning and I think he will do it in 2 sets.
COME ON ANDY!!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 03:32 AM »

The only other time Murray and Ferrer have met in a Masters' final was in Shanghai in 2011.  It was a very entertaining match which Andy won 7-5, 6-4, but Ferrer has been playing a lot of very good tennis recently and it's worth remembering that their Wimbledon QF match last year went to a tie-break in the 1st, 2nd and 4th sets.  I'm expecting an equally tight match here because Ferrer will be hungry for a second Masters' win whilst Andy will be just as hungry to take the trophy and with it the #2 ranking.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 03:37 AM »

cmonandy
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 04:06 AM »

The match will be a good indicator of where Andy is at with his game. He rarely has found it easy against Ferrer in the past. Alot of very tight matches between them. His play will have to go up a level from the gasquet match to win , i think.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 06:52 AM »

So here we are, the final stage of Andy's road to Masters 1000 success. He will face David Ferrer on Sunday in the final to lift the trophy and secure his place as No 2 in the world for the second time in his career.
This makes it sound as if this is Andy's first Masters win, perhaps it would be better to write to his 9th Masters 1000 success. Think
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 07:34 AM »

Well done yesterday!  I got a bit worried there when Andy did his go to sleep moments. Not sure how the game will go against Ferrer. He is as much a competitor as AM and will fight for ever.Would like to see AM come out with a killer instinct to go for it from the start without his usual feel your way into the match start.

The final is on Sky Sports in the afternoon our time. Does anyone know if there is also coverage of the ladies doubles with Laura Robson? WTF coverage on Eurosport seems never to be live with exhaustive replays rather than with the excitement of the moment. Most is pretty boring to me especially since moon ball rallies have become more common. I have seen no sign of doubles anywhere from Miami so I am not hopeful.

As BBC radio finally managed to include that she had made the semis and now the final apparently as "best player on the court" I thought it worth a watch after the main event on Sunday. Anyone else interested who knows of any coverage?
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 08:10 AM »

Skybet odds:

Andy Murray 1/3
David Ferrer 5/2    
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 08:12 AM »

Another incentive. Andrew will match Sampras' 9 Masters titles if he wins tomorrow.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #13 on: March 30, 2013, 08:46 AM »

Isn't their H2H 5:1 in Murray's favour on Hard Court? Ferrer only beat him on hard at the 2011 WTF, when he was exhausted/ill.

Ferrer's victories have almost entirely come on clay.

Am I missing something, thinking that providing Murray is 70/80% on form the result should be fairly routine. I have watched Ferrer this week I don't think he has played that well. He has had quite a good draw. he jad a clise match with Turnsunov.  Followed by a walkover, and Fognini, then an injured Nishikori.  It took him 3 sets to get rid of Melzer. Finally a knackered Haas. It seemed to be a lack of fitness that did for Haas, which is not an issue for Murray.
Don't forget that Ferrer hasn't played Murray since he got his GS.
Apart from clay doesn't Murray usually come out on top?
Big Nose - I don't understand betting odds, but the bookies usually know what they are doing, don't they put Ferrer as the favourite?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #14 on: March 30, 2013, 08:53 AM »

I think it could go to 3 as they do play tight matches, as has already been said.  But Andy is a much, much better and more versatile player than David and I think his motivation might be slightly greater now that David at least has a masters under his belt whereas even though #2 ranking isn't Andy's goal this year, it's an important stepping stone for the reasons Mr L spelt out recently.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 104 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »