Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 27 (58.7%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (37%)
Ferrer in 2 - 0 (0%)
Ferrer in 3 - 2 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 104 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer  (Read 13362 times)
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #45 on: March 30, 2013, 01:53 PM »

Apparently (according to someone on twitter) in the US, the same channel that's showing the Final also covers college basketball, which will have early evening coverage. They wanted to avoid any clash.
ah thank you
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #46 on: March 30, 2013, 01:54 PM »

Aileen I am sure.

I thought so too.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #47 on: March 30, 2013, 02:00 PM »

I know Ruthie's gonna kill me but....would be a lot more worried if this were on clay... woohoo

I think we all would. I don't think Murray has ever beaten him on clay. I am really hoping that one of the reasons for Murray's sometimes awkward tennis recently is to do with changes ready for clay.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #48 on: March 30, 2013, 02:11 PM »

The best thing about this match is that it's the last match of the tournament, so there won't be any dreading Andy being all out of energy for his next match. Both had tough matches in the previous round but Andy's fitness is definitely on another level these days. There's never a question mark next to Ferrer's fitness but still, I thought he had to give a lot to take an in-form Haas out.

Anyway, Andy should really close Ferrer in 2. I don't at all enjoy this match-up but I don't have a choice here. As long as Andy puts forward another sublime performance...would be nice if Andy can get many free points off serve and stays aggressive.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #49 on: March 30, 2013, 02:13 PM »

I thought so too.

I am not sure why she isn't banned yet. A traitor among us. :p
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #50 on: March 30, 2013, 02:13 PM »

Isn't their H2H 5:1 in Murray's favour on Hard Court? Ferrer only beat him on hard at the 2011 WTF, when he was exhausted/ill.

Ferrer's victories have almost entirely come on clay.

Am I missing something, thinking that providing Murray is 70/80% on form the result should be fairly routine. I have watched Ferrer this week I don't think he has played that well. He has had quite a good draw. he jad a clise match with Turnsunov.  Followed by a walkover, and Fognini, then an injured Nishikori.  It took him 3 sets to get rid of Melzer. Finally a knackered Haas. It seemed to be a lack of fitness that did for Haas, which is not an issue for Murray.
Don't forget that Ferrer hasn't played Murray since he got his GS.
Apart from clay doesn't Murray usually come out on top?
Big Nose - I don't understand betting odds, but the bookies usually know what they are doing, don't they put Ferrer as the favourite?
Correct. Ferrer has been quite average all year. He's only managed to get to this final through a somewhat lucky draw and sheer tenacity; just grinding his opponents down. Murray is certainly a huge step up from any of the other opponents he's faced.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #51 on: March 30, 2013, 02:29 PM »

I really don't want to tempt fate, but I'm quietly confident about the final for Andy. Sure, the H2H is close, and wins are wins, but all but one of Ferrer's have been on clay. As someone else said, I'd be more worried about the match tomorrow if Miami was on clay. The only hard court win Ferrer has was when Andy was carrying an injury at the WTF.

I also think Ferrer is tired. I know he's a bit like the eternal Duracell bunny, but I think there are limits. I've never seen Ferrer get as ratty as he has lately, and I'm convinced half the reason for it is fatigue. I think if Andy can dictate, make Ferrer do a lot of running, he'll be able to wear him down. As fit as Ferrer is I don't think he is as fit as Andy. I suspect that very few are.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #52 on: March 30, 2013, 02:51 PM »

I really don't want to tempt fate, but I'm quietly confident about the final for Andy. Sure, the H2H is close, and wins are wins, but all but one of Ferrer's have been on clay. As someone else said, I'd be more worried about the match tomorrow if Miami was on clay. The only hard court win Ferrer has was when Andy was carrying an injury at the WTF.

I also think Ferrer is tired. I know he's a bit like the eternal Duracell bunny, but I think there are limits. I've never seen Ferrer get as ratty as he has lately, and I'm convinced half the reason for it is fatigue. I think if Andy can dictate, make Ferrer do a lot of running, he'll be able to wear him down. As fit as Ferrer is I don't think he is as fit as Andy. I suspect that very few are.

I'm with teejay on this match I really think Murray's time has come and he is going to show us that he has what it takes to be in the top 2. Playing the "eternal Duracell bunny" will be well within his capabilities
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #53 on: March 30, 2013, 03:00 PM »

I'm confident of a win. I can't see Andy let this one slip away. His determination yesterday was a thing of beauty.

But I'll still be nervous as per..
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #54 on: March 30, 2013, 03:32 PM »

Correct. Ferrer has been quite average all year. He's only managed to get to this final through a somewhat lucky draw and sheer tenacity; just grinding his opponents down. Murray is certainly a huge step up from any of the other opponents he's faced.

Yeah he was on a arguably much weaker side of the draw.....and got absolutely creamed by  Nadal in recent Clay final. I  think his form  is a bit deceptive he's played well against average cct players.

Still the record between the two says alot..... hardly any large margin wins. Will be close....especially as Andy's form has been patchy. However, Andy can definately hit a level of tennnis Ferrer can't....whether he does is another thing tho.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #55 on: March 30, 2013, 03:39 PM »

Andy to take out the trash in 2

I reckon he'll forget the recyclables tho ... lol
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #56 on: March 30, 2013, 03:48 PM »

Going by the hard court head to head Id be surprised if Ferret wins a set. However the start time is a real wild card. 11:30 am is like the middle of the night to Andy. It could take a while for him to waken up properly.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #57 on: March 30, 2013, 03:50 PM »

Ahh,this is sweet-Andy was just practicing on Stadium Court ahead of the women's final,and David Law tweeted this about the end of his practice:

"DavidLaw ‏@DavidLawTennis
Nice touch by announcer. 'Ladies & Gentlemen, you've just seen a tennis superstar working out. Andy, good luck tomorrow'. Huge applause."
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #58 on: March 30, 2013, 04:20 PM »

Going by the hard court head to head Id be surprised if Ferret wins a set. However the start time is a real wild card. 11:30 am is like the middle of the night to Andy. It could take a while for him to waken up properly.

Those days have gone since he change his diet and he takes the dogs for a walk at 7am, he will be fine!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #59 on: March 30, 2013, 04:21 PM »

OMG just again, cos at last  he's getting the recognition he so deserves.... Embarassed
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 104 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »