Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 27 (58.7%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (37%)
Ferrer in 2 - 0 (0%)
Ferrer in 3 - 2 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 104 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer

(Read 16407 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #60 on: March 30, 2013, 04:21 PM »

I know Ruthie's gonna kill me but....would be a lot more worried if this were on clay... woohoo
oh Ruthie doesn't believe in capital punishment so you're safe bbh  Whistle

Dani love that tweet.  

Oh and I agree that the duracell bunny might just be running low on those batteries.  He plays so many matches that it must catch up with him eventually and I agree with tj that his recent irritability could be a symptom.  Whereas Andy should still be pretty fresh as he is learning to pace himself better with the tournaments he plays.
[ Last edit by Ruthie March 30, 2013, 04:25 PM ] IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #61 on: March 30, 2013, 04:22 PM »

OMG just again, cos at last  he's getting the recognition he so deserves.... Embarassed

hug It's so nice to see,isn't it?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #62 on: March 30, 2013, 04:22 PM »

OMG just again, cos at last  he's getting the recognition he so deserves.... Embarassed
Who is.?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #63 on: March 30, 2013, 04:33 PM »

@ Ruthie, but it would be a homicide not a state killing...Wink
@robbie
Andy. Was in response to previous but one post
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #64 on: March 30, 2013, 04:36 PM »

@ Ruthie, but it would be a homicide not a state killing...Wink
@robbie
Andy. Was in response to previous but one post
but it could be capital punishment if rest of MW gave me the authority to execute  w00t
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #65 on: March 30, 2013, 04:39 PM »

Lol would they be so harsh, just for a tiny wee bit of optimism? shocking
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #66 on: March 30, 2013, 04:54 PM »

Aileen I am sure.
I thought so too.
I can assure you that I did not.  I voted for Andy in 3, so :p
[ Last edit by Aileen March 30, 2013, 05:12 PM ] IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #67 on: March 30, 2013, 04:57 PM »

I can assure you that I did not.  I voted for Andy in 3, so :p
Are you sure that you didn't have a senior moment and clicked the wrong place! Whistle Wink and a kiss
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #68 on: March 30, 2013, 04:57 PM »

Don't worry BBH! I'll stand beside you shoulder to shoulder and together, we'll fight to the end! Well.......till teatime anyway!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #69 on: March 30, 2013, 04:59 PM »

Are you sure that you didn't have a senior moment and clicked the wrong place! Whistle Wink and a kiss
Absolutely.  Whoever it was voted before I did.  Fact! lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #70 on: March 30, 2013, 05:07 PM »

yes Ferrer's serve can go to pot when he's nervous.  I remember see him caving in to smugfed so easily at WTF in 2011 when he'd been playing so well up until that point.  It was really annoying.  
He caved in spectacularly to Nadal in the Brazil final, losing 6-0, 6-2.  I wasn't expecting him to beat Nadal but had hoped for a better performance from him, especially as it was on clay.

oh Ruthie doesn't believe in capital punishment so you're safe bbh  Whistle

Dani love that tweet. 

Oh and I agree that the duracell bunny might just be running low on those batteries.  He plays so many matches that it must catch up with him eventually and I agree with tj that his recent irritability could be a symptom.  Whereas Andy should still be pretty fresh as he is learning to pace himself better with the tournaments he plays.
Also Andy is showing commendable self-control these days, which is why I got annoyed with the moronic Sky comm I was forced to listen to the other day who kept on saying "Murray always shows his feelings" just because he did show the very occasional sign of frustration - something a lot of players do but don't get picked on.

Ferrer got a warning for an audible obscenity - I think in the Haas match - so obviously the umpire knew his Spanish.  It's time umpires in general wised-up to swear words in other languages.  Not that it would be a pleasant task, but I'd like to see more non-English speaking players caught in the act.

Ahh,this is sweet-Andy was just practicing on Stadium Court ahead of the women's final,and David Law tweeted this about the end of his practice:

"DavidLaw ‏@DavidLawTennis
Nice touch by announcer. 'Ladies & Gentlemen, you've just seen a tennis superstar working out. Andy, good luck tomorrow'. Huge applause."
Aww - thanks Dani.  That really made my day. Smile
[ Last edit by Aileen March 30, 2013, 06:00 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #71 on: March 30, 2013, 06:08 PM »

Andy stayed calm and cool after losing the 1st set. He didn't even look he had just lost the first set. I was sure that was going to piss Clydey really, really off. lol
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #72 on: March 30, 2013, 07:06 PM »

I might be wrong, I hope so from the entertainment angle,  but the final might be little more than a dawdle for our man.   Whatever, I'm sure he'll get through, barring some unforeseen catastrophe.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #73 on: March 30, 2013, 07:09 PM »

Aww - thanks Dani.  That really made my day. Smile

No problem Aileen-delighted me too when I saw Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #74 on: March 30, 2013, 07:15 PM »

oh I'm not against optimism bbh but I do seem to remember there have been times when your optimism has come before a fall so it's more about superstition on my part  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 104 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »