Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 27 (58.7%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (37%)
Ferrer in 2 - 0 (0%)
Ferrer in 3 - 2 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 ... 104 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer

(Read 17804 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1410 on: April 01, 2013, 04:41 AM »

I don't think the match should have been played in the morning, I think that had a negative affect on Andy today.

Exactly. Dont the finals have to be played in the night or something?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1411 on: April 01, 2013, 04:48 AM »

TV schedules dictated the timing of today's match and judging from some comments I've read, the tie break wasn't shown as they cut to basketball and first 20 minutes of the match were also not shown. CBS were the culprits apparently naughty  after they got a big up in the post match speeches too Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1412 on: April 01, 2013, 04:48 AM »

Get back to eyeing up girls who won't ever set their eyes on you.

I bet the only female who winked at you before was Aileen checking up on VirtualGrandSon via skype

lmao
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1413 on: April 01, 2013, 05:25 AM »

I first thought that what Andy hit in Ferrer's MP was out and I was so sure that it was because I'm usaully never wrong. And, my mom said it was in but she is always wrong so I thought it would be the same case this time too. So happy to be proved wrong.

My mom was supporting Ferrer even though she found out who he was just yesterday. doh
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1414 on: April 01, 2013, 07:10 AM »

I reckon it was gonna effect his confidence.

If it's a verb it is always affect with an a. Not that effect can't be a verb, but odds on you  never use it.

IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1415 on: April 01, 2013, 07:31 AM »

It wasn't the wind that made them tired. It was the heat and humidity. Andy said after the match that Nadal ended up in hospital after his final against Joker a few years ago. Today Ferrer was cramping and Andy looked almost out for the count and these guys are ultra fit.  And it was only a 3 set match so how tough were these conditions?
I don't think playing in the wind is directly physically tiring, but all of that extra concentration is mentally tiring, and if you can't go for winners close to the line, the rallies extend.  It also impacts on the winner/unforced error ratio, which will be frustrating.  Hopefully viewers take this into account when they get all judgemental about that stat too.  Wishful thinking there!

There's still no escaping the fact that Andy didn't serve very well, which would have made it an awful lot easier, but like others, I am very pleased that Andy managed the win anyway in those tough conditions.

If anyone has issues with the quality of the match, they should perhaps have a word with the schedulers.  I know it was for US tv, but I don't think it's controversial to suggest that both Andy and David would have played a bit better if the match was on at a time better suited to them.  Having said that, there were enough great points to make up a good highlights package.  I think I'll stick to watching replays of that.
IP Logged
Simone

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1416 on: April 01, 2013, 07:52 AM »

I think my favourite moment from the match was the way Andy handled the match point down. He totally went for his shots, so the match was going to be won or lost on his terms - and this is what he has talked about Lendl trying to instil in him from the beginning. It is great that it is showing up so much in his matches now Smile

Also, he did have a poor serving day and yet I didn't really see him getting too down on himself (for long periods of time) when the serve went to sh*t. That is such a HUGE improvement for him.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1417 on: April 01, 2013, 08:04 AM »

Will you two boys please just kiss and make up?

Oh yes please, for all our sakes pray
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1418 on: April 01, 2013, 09:29 AM »

• For the first time in his career Andy Murray saved a match point in an ATP World Tour final.

That's an amazing stat. So what happens to Andy at match point down? Does he just go for broke?
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1419 on: April 01, 2013, 09:51 AM »

I read this somewhere but now I forgot where I did, how many service breaks were there in the whole match?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1420 on: April 01, 2013, 10:17 AM »

Why didn't Andy stop for treatment at all? I was surprised not to see that. Although maybe stopping would just make it harder.
In a newspaper report on another thread (I think news articles) it says Andy tweaked his ankle but didn't ask for the trainer as he didn't want to prolong the proceedings.  Otherwise I don't think he was cramping so presumably didn't need massage like Ferrer did.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1421 on: April 01, 2013, 12:24 PM »

Yes Ruthie, I'd say he definately tweaked his ankle, as after that, he couldn't walk properly, but I think he'd decided not to encourage Ferrer further by showing weakness.....bless 'im!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1422 on: April 01, 2013, 12:32 PM »

For anybody who wants to watch it minus the agony of the first time...

Part 1:

Part 2 (full version) :

(I've also posted these in the videos thread)
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1423 on: April 01, 2013, 12:50 PM »

im so sorry i doubted  andy yesterday ,just think its more out of trustration cause want him to win all the time and when i see him lose sevre and points i get really uptight .of course i will still be supporting win or lose , i think it was silly have a fianls match in that heat  at the hottest part of the day ,thought it was us english that only went out in the midday sun  so they old saying goes
congrats andy  long may you continue to do well  and just win please i will be waiting for the next tournament now
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1424 on: April 01, 2013, 01:02 PM »

I read this somewhere but now I forgot where I did, how many service breaks were there in the whole match?

I think the comms said 13 breaks between the two and 14 holds. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they said that.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 ... 104 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »