Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 27 (58.7%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (37%)
Ferrer in 2 - 0 (0%)
Ferrer in 3 - 2 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 104 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer

(Read 14351 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1425 on: April 01, 2013, 01:07 PM »

I think my favourite moment from the match was the way Andy handled the match point down. He totally went for his shots, so the match was going to be won or lost on his terms - and this is what he has talked about Lendl trying to instil in him from the beginning. It is great that it is showing up so much in his matches now Smile

Also, he did have a poor serving day and yet I didn't really see him getting too down on himself (for long periods of time) when the serve went to sh*t. That is such a HUGE improvement for him.

I agree on both counts. Andy got a bit frustrated with the umpire once or twice, but it was great to see him not beating himself up. I think he has realised now that it doesn't help him when he has too much of a go at himself and it makes all the difference.

Andy was calmer than me lol. At one point I think I was ready to strangle the crowd lol.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1426 on: April 01, 2013, 01:42 PM »

I felt drained and tired after watching the match. Andy and David must have been exhausted they both played to the best of their abilities. It was windy hot and humid not easy to play tennis in. I was so proud when Andy won his mental strength has improved so much. I think he would have lost a couple of years ago but not now.It was a very scrappy game but somehow he got there in the end well done Andy.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1427 on: April 01, 2013, 01:47 PM »

I first thought that what Andy hit in Ferrer's MP was out and I was so sure that it was because I'm usaully never wrong. And, my mom said it was in but she is always wrong so I thought it would be the same case this time too. So happy to be proved wrong.

My mom was supporting Ferrer even though she found out who he was just yesterday. doh

Well, that doesn't surprise me. Indians are very much into Spanish players. And a lot of the ladies are quite smitten over Ferrer though I never see the charm. They might insist on tenacity though but yea, you don’t fool me. :p
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1428 on: April 01, 2013, 02:53 PM »

I think the comms said 13 breaks between the two and 14 holds. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they said that.
I count 15 breaks, with 15 holds.

4 in first set - Ferrer x3, Murray x1
3 in second set - Ferrer x1, Murray x2
8 in third set - Ferrer x4, Murray x4
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1429 on: April 01, 2013, 03:07 PM »

IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1430 on: April 01, 2013, 03:12 PM »

Awesome,thank you Prodigy!! Smile
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1431 on: April 01, 2013, 03:25 PM »

No problem Dani Very Happy. I also posted this on MensTennisForums to make the haters cry
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1432 on: April 01, 2013, 03:54 PM »

No problem Dani Very Happy. I also posted this on MensTennisForums to make the haters cry
Very Happy.. and thanks for the brill headlines!
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1433 on: April 01, 2013, 03:55 PM »

Yep, it's great facing the Murray haters and not having to say anything - just point out the stats ! Super Fingers and tongue.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1434 on: April 01, 2013, 04:01 PM »

I've been rubbing it in over there all day, no one has any response to me.

MON' Andy
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1435 on: April 01, 2013, 04:02 PM »

Actually, my record at supporting players/teams in any other sport sucks - it's really quite a good feeling having finally picked a WINNER !  It's like I've achieved something !
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1436 on: April 01, 2013, 04:02 PM »

I am knackered.
I was thinking about how Andy and David might feel today. Andy knackered but on a high, and David knackered on a low.. and I was feeling bad for David after such a tough loss.

But then I started remembering all those devastating GS losses we've been through with Andy before last USO. Nothing could have felt worse than those for Andy.

Those were bleak days, and I'm not ashamed to say I lost plenty sleep and tears for him.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1437 on: April 01, 2013, 04:05 PM »

My Facebook had a makeover.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1438 on: April 01, 2013, 04:12 PM »

I am knackered.
I was thinking about how Andy and David might feel today. Andy knackered but on a high, and David knackered on a low.. and I was feeling bad for David after such a tough loss.

But then I started remembering all those devastating GS losses we've been through with Andy before last USO. Nothing could have felt worse than those for Andy.

Those were bleak days, and I'm not ashamed to say I lost plenty sleep and tears for him.

Ohhh Scot hug We've all been there!Many many tears have been shed by me over Andy,and I'm absolutely sure by many more on here too.But he came through those times,and so did we,and the wonderful thing is that we got to celebrate right along with him when the dream finally came true Very Happy
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1439 on: April 01, 2013, 04:28 PM »

^Ferrer and Gasquet taking advantages of weak fields lol

Don't think rafa was tested in the first 2 either
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 ... 104 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »