Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 27 (58.7%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (37%)
Ferrer in 2 - 0 (0%)
Ferrer in 3 - 2 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 46

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer

(Read 16523 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1530 on: April 09, 2013, 02:13 PM »

Aren't we all? :p
Aren't we all? :p
lmao
IP Logged
Simone

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1531 on: April 09, 2013, 02:46 PM »

Agreed Ruthie-I was an absolute mess by the end of it.I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing during some bits of that match,and my emotions were all over the place.In fact,when he won,I was nearly too stunned to be happy about it-I almost couldn't believe he'd managed to do it after all that!But oh,when I saw him fling his racquet into the crowd,and the camera showed his box applauding him,and it sunk in that he'd won it (and was now at no. 2!!)-ohh,it made up for all of the rest of it Very Happy

Ruthie, dani, teejay - sorry I didn't respond to this earlier.  I am just glad he did win for his sake and for all his tortured fans sake's!!! You really are troopers, sticking with the PAIN all the way through!

I had a similar experience during the Shanghai final last year against Djokovic. At the end when he wasn't able to convert the match points I lost the plot!!! In the end I had to turn of the live video stream and watch via live scores because if I didn't I would have had absolutely no sleep that night and ended up in a mess the next day!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1532 on: April 09, 2013, 03:16 PM »

Ah Simone such is the life of an Andy Murray fan - but still we come back for more, and more, pain or no.  Welcome to the club!  Whistle
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1533 on: April 09, 2013, 04:23 PM »

Ah Simone such is the life of an Andy Murray fan - but still we come back for more, and more, pain or no.  Welcome to the club!  Whistle

I must be the only one who has acquired a small degree of serenity for Andy matches now.    Since the Olympics and particularly since the US Open I am much calmer.    I was always so desperate for Andy to win, still am, but in the past I felt almost as if his life depended on winning and now I feel he is so much happier with himself.   I even find myself saying quite quietly "C'mon now Andy it's up to you, just buckle down".    No more screaming at the computer.    Let's see how it goes on clay.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1534 on: April 09, 2013, 04:31 PM »

I envy you iluvandy.  I thought I would be too but somehow I'm not.  I agree it's not as difficult as it was before he won a slam but there's something about how tennis is scored and played together with the emotions raised by Andy that leaves no room for serenity.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1535 on: April 09, 2013, 09:38 PM »

I envy you iluvandy.  I thought I would be too but somehow I'm not.

You took the words right out of my mouth Ruthie! hug

I thought I'd be less emotional watching Andy play after he finally achieved it,but to be honest,I'm really not-I'm every bit as bad as before! blush I still get as tense and nervous as before,still get every bit as frustrated when things go wrong-but then I suppose as a positive to the negative I still get every bit as delighted when things go well for him too! I think it's just because I want things for him so strongly-which isn't to say you want anything for him any less than I do ILA,if I could want the victories for him with serenity I would! Plus I'm naturally a bit of a worrier,so I do tend to get nervous quite easily-and oh my,the amount of  nervous moments Andy's given me over the years! But then again,he's given me such good ones too that it makes up for it Very Happy

At this stage,I don't think I'll ever be able to watch Andy without getting emotional-even if he were to win Wimbledon (it's always been my biggest dream for him to win that,not only because of the whole British history thing,but also just selfishly because it's my favourite slam) I don't think I'd be able to relax during his matches!All part of being an Andy fan for me though,I suppose!And like I said above-the great moments outweigh the bad ones Smile
[ Last edit by xxdanixx April 09, 2013, 09:59 PM ] IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1536 on: April 09, 2013, 09:55 PM »

I still get nervous and tense, girls, but especially over the last few years when we were all desperate for Andy to win a slam I would be nothing short of terrified every match.     I was afraid his world would collapse on him if he didn't reach his goal.    Now I have confidence in his ability to find a way to win or handle the defeat and move on.    But I still don't know if I have actually enjoyed the match until it is all over.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1537 on: April 09, 2013, 10:04 PM »

I understand completely what you mean Iluvandy-it's so wonderful to not have that slam monkey hanging over everything.It does make a difference,don't get me wrong-it's so,so wonderful to think that whatever else happens in his career (and I hope plenty more will!) he has at last achieved that lifelong goal-and not to mention also won himself a gold and silver medal at a home Olympics to boot!

Unfortunately though,it still doesn't make me any less nervous while our man is playing! Rolling Eyes
[ Last edit by xxdanixx April 09, 2013, 10:23 PM ] IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1538 on: April 09, 2013, 10:19 PM »

I think we understand what Kevin Spacey meant when he said he had never wanted anything for anyone as much as he wanted that US Open for Andy.    I feel the same.    I have enjoyed tennis for years and supported different players with varying degrees of enthusiasm but Andy is the only one I would shed tears over.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1539 on: April 09, 2013, 10:24 PM »

I know what you mean.I think Kevin spoke (and spoke very well too!) for all of us on here who've hoped and dreamed and wanted right along with Andy!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1540 on: April 09, 2013, 10:26 PM »

He should come a nd join us!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1541 on: April 09, 2013, 10:31 PM »

I envy you iluvandy.  I thought I would be too but somehow I'm not.  I agree it's not as difficult as it was before he won a slam but there's something about how tennis is scored and played together with the emotions raised by Andy that leaves no room for serenity.
It's funny, once Andy won the Olympics and the US Open, I was much more calm.  I wanted him to win a slam so bad, to get everyone off his back, because he couldn't just play tennis as long as he had that hanging over his head.  But, haha I've gotten past that calm, and I find that it is still important that he win and my stomach still churns and I cannot just wait to watch the match the next day, have to either watch it or watch the live update or I cannot rest.  Waiting for the rollercoaster to begin again in Monte Carlo.
IP Logged
Simone

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1542 on: April 10, 2013, 06:25 AM »

Tell me about it!!!

The Wimbledon final last year was TOO much though! No one dared speak to me for a couple days after that one - the presentation ceremony THE WORST! (but in a weird way also awesome - I had a few people say to me along the lines of - "now we get what you see in him........" Pity it took that to do it though!!)
IP Logged
Simone

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1543 on: April 10, 2013, 06:28 AM »

I think we understand what Kevin Spacey meant when he said he had never wanted anything for anyone as much as he wanted that US Open for Andy.    I feel the same.    I have enjoyed tennis for years and supported different players with varying degrees of enthusiasm but Andy is the only one I would shed tears over.

I LOVE Kevin Spacey - he makes me feel less like a crazy fan girl - as does everyone on here Smile

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Miami F: Andy Murray vs David Ferrer « Reply #1544 on: April 10, 2013, 09:32 AM »

Yes Kevin Spacey spoke for so many of us with that wonderful response after Andy won USO.  I've already suggested he should be made an honorary member of MW - how about it Mark?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 [103] 104 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »