Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy? - 35 (81.4%)
Novak? - 5 (11.6%)
Undecided? - 3 (7%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 6995 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #585 on: April 01, 2012, 09:51 PM »

welcome  to Yvonne and other new peeps!
Just hope they didn't get frightened off by some of the dreadful negative comments coming from the usual duo. Whistle
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #586 on: April 01, 2012, 09:57 PM »

I did warn them to keep off during the match!  I've not read all the post-match postings but what I've read seems pretty fair.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #587 on: April 01, 2012, 10:35 PM »

Peter Fleming says Andy's defensive sliced back-hand is probably the best in the world. I tend to agree! Its a sensational shot.

Overall Andy was fairly awful today. He had to hang on in there 2nd set just to keep it competitive. I feared a 6-1 6-2 thrashing. At least it was respectable.

Roll on the clay season. It will be fascinating to see if Andy can improve on last year. If he can he has a shot at the French!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #588 on: April 01, 2012, 10:43 PM »

roflmao Gotcha.
Can't believe I believed that.  Haha I was away from home all weekend and just saw that and didn't even think about April fools day. Oh well the laughs on me.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #589 on: April 01, 2012, 11:06 PM »

I did warn them to keep off during the match!  I've not read all the post-match postings but what I've read seems pretty fair.
Yes, but the Gruesome Twosome joined in a while after the match had started!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #590 on: April 01, 2012, 11:11 PM »

can't believe I missed the movies... to see this match... it was awful..  it was very poor  It  looked like Andy was sleeping in the 1st set and didnt try at all  he tried in the 2nd set it was a bit better but his serve was just too inconsistent  Nole was good  but he wasn't playing lights out tennis!!  Andy could have beaten him if he believed...  he didn't believe  so he lost  Its so frustrating being a Murray fan.. you don't know what to expect   *sigh*  i know everyone say roll on to the clay  but I'm not expecting that much
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #591 on: April 01, 2012, 11:15 PM »

Andy.........I know you can beat him, but you win some, you lose some! Still, I think you should be coming into the net more often! You must be the best in the world when you do! When you stay on the base line, you can do no more than slog it out! Then it comes down to 'who'll make a mistake' first! There are lots of good sloggers out there, but when you come in.....there are few who can beat you! But don't listen to me son......I know f**k all about tennis, apart from what I've learnt watching you!
Sounds like you've learnt a heck of a lot, Caz!

I must admit I'm puzzled why Andy doesn't come into the net more.  Suggest he watches some videos of his matches where he has done this and sees how effective that is.  He had several chances in this match where he could have stopped Djoko the Slogger in his tracks.

can't believe I missed the movies... to see this match... it was awful..  it was very poor  It  looked like Andy was sleeping in the 1st set and didnt try at all  he tried in the 2nd set it was a bit better but his serve was just too inconsistent  Nole was good  but he wasn't playing lights out tennis!!  Andy could have beaten him if he believed...  he didn't believe  so he lost  Its so frustrating being a Murray fan.. you don't know what to expect   *sigh*  i know everyone say roll on to the clay  but I'm not expecting that much
Please don't get so down-hearted John. hug  Andy didn't try at all in the second set?  So how come it went to a tie-break?  Anyway, please remember he only played 3 matches out of 5 in this tournament, and his last one was four days ago.  That's quite long enough for any player to lose his rhythm.  Also Andy fought back to win the Tipsarevic match despite suffering from stomach problems - no mean feat against a player who's made things difficult for him in the past.  It isn't all doom and gloom! Smile

By the way, I do agree with the frustrations of being a Murray fan, but I think that's something people have to accept if they want to go on supporting him.  There are nuggets of gold in amongst the dross, and it's the gold that makes all the angst worthwhile.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 01, 2012, 11:33 PM ] IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #592 on: April 01, 2012, 11:34 PM »

Here's Andy's take on the match - speaking on-court after the Presentation: http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/2012/03/Miami/Miami-2012-Final-Murray-Interview.aspx

Hope he'll go through the tape of the match - but clay-court season here we come. Fingers crossed for a good one.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #593 on: April 01, 2012, 11:40 PM »

Thanks for your company Bev. Have a good day and lets put this match behind us.

Catch you soon. highfive

Second breakfast time - banana on toast Little tongue man and a few minutes to see what others have posted. search

Oh, my day didn't get any better when I got into work throwcomputer but it's choccy night tonight Little tongue man and that makes everything better Very Happy
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #594 on: April 01, 2012, 11:54 PM »

well I have 2 weeks off Very Happy  so I can get over this match no bother haha   
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #595 on: April 01, 2012, 11:56 PM »

Sounds like you've learnt a heck of a lot, Caz!

I must admit I'm puzzled why Andy doesn't come into the net more.  Suggest he watches some videos of his matches where he has done this and sees how effective that is.  He had several chances in this match where he could have stopped Djoko the Slogger in his tracks.
Please don't get so down-hearted John. hug  Andy didn't try at all in the second set?  So how come it went to a tie-break?  Anyway, please remember he only played 3 matches out of 5 in this tournament, and his last one was four days ago.  That's quite long enough for any player to lose his rhythm.  Also Andy fought back to win the Tipsarevic match despite suffering from stomach problems - no mean feat against a player who's made things difficult for him in the past.  It isn't all doom and gloom! Smile

By the way, I do agree with the frustrations of being a Murray fan, but I think that's something people have to accept if they want to go on supporting him.  There are nuggets of gold in amongst the dross, and it's the gold that makes all the angst worthwhile.

hug loved that bit in bold Smile  yay well hopefully If we keep on supporting him there will be many more great matches to come  and hopefullly  Andy will hit the jack pot and win a GS Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #596 on: April 02, 2012, 12:04 AM »

Here's Andy's take on the match - speaking on-court after the Presentation: http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/2012/03/Miami/Miami-2012-Final-Murray-Interview.aspx

Hope he'll go through the tape of the match - but clay-court season here we come. Fingers crossed for a good one.
Thanks matchpoint. Smile  Andy sounds considerably more upbeat about things than some of the posters on this forum!  I get the strong impression he'll be putting this loss behind him very quickly, no doubt thanks to Lendl who told him to stop over-thinking matches he loses.  I'm sure though that the pair of them will have plenty to work on going into the clay-court season!

hug loved that bit in bold Smile  yay well hopefully If we keep on supporting him there will be many more great matches to come  and hopefullly  Andy will hit the jack pot and win a GS Very Happy

Glad that cheered you up! hug

IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #597 on: April 02, 2012, 12:29 AM »

To be honest, I'm just glad that Andy came away from this with runner up points.  With the disjointed week it's been he was never going to play his best today and with the way he was serving the score line could have been far worse.  The big plus as I see it is that he didn't lose his cool and he's in a far better place than he was this time last year.  Onwards and upwards Andy - I'm sure there are better things in store.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #598 on: April 02, 2012, 12:47 AM »

To be honest, I'm just glad that Andy came away from this with runner up points.  With the disjointed week it's been he was never going to play his best today and with the way he was serving the score line could have been far worse.  The big plus as I see it is that he didn't lose his cool and he's in a far better place than he was this time last year.  Onwards and upwards Andy - I'm sure there are better things in store.
I agree Alis.  I don't think some people realise just how much these w/os can disrupt a player's rhythm.  Also, as far as I'm concerned, his whole attitude is 200% better than it was this time in 2010/2011.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #599 on: April 02, 2012, 07:39 AM »

Come off it. Its a very poor excuse to say Andy's rhythm was disrupted because of the walkovers.  He could have had a very tough 3-setter versus Nadal (and Raonic) in which case you would have been saying what a tough draw he had compared to Nole.

Andy was due a loss in a Masters final anyway. He had won 8 out of 9 before yesterday.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »