Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy? - 35 (81.4%)
Novak? - 5 (11.6%)
Undecided? - 3 (7%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 44 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic

(Read 6982 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 08:40 AM »

I'm determined to enjoy it.......whatever, but I've a feeling Mr.Magic will turn up!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 09:49 AM »

I love Andy/Novak matches, they now seem to be developing a very interesting rivalry. Unlike Novak/Rafa matches, the outcome isn't predictable and either player could win.

Andy's walkovers could count against him, but I think he and Lendl will do all they can to make sure he's mentally ready for the final. He's also very efficient in Masters finals, with an 8-1 winning record.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 09:58 AM »

I'm determined to enjoy it.......whatever, but I've a feeling Mr.Magic will turn up!  cmon yeah
Mornng Caz.  wave

I agree with you, Andy will be working his 'ol magic on Sunday.

I'm also determined to enjoy it, but I wonder how anyone can say they enjoy Andy matches at these times?  Anxious
We're all so desperate for him to succeed, but as fans the ups and downs of the Murray game cant be classified a pure enjoyment! w00t confused

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 10:01 AM »

I love Andy/Novak matches, they now seem to be developing a very interesting rivalry. Unlike Novak/Rafa matches, the outcome isn't predictable and either player could win.

Andy's walkovers could count against him, but I think he and Lendl will do all they can to make sure he's mentally ready for the final. He's also very efficient in Masters finals, with an 8-1 winning record.
Good point and posting Katie! It's only a couple of days since he played last so when the adrenaline kicks in and the nerves settle then we'll see a great match.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 10:07 AM »

So, we have the number 1 seed playing Andy, who got a walkover to the final.

Andy has a great record in Master's finals but not so much against Nole, but did beat him in their most recent meeting.

Final is on Sunday, 1 pm local time, which I think is 6 pm UK time and 5 am for me Very Happy

H2H to follow.
Love the pics, the two good friend/rivals smiling the Mona Lisa smile at each other. A mirror image almost and an interesting choice Bev.

I get a civilised time, 7pm  sorry for you my friend up at dawn (again)!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 10:10 AM »

Ok.....Who's the traitor?  Eyebrow raise.
There's 2 traitors now! grr 
Okay, own up. Total tranparancy on MW!

It aint me, by the way! no
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 10:16 AM »

Having watched the Monaco match, which was a curious re-run of the Ferrer one, it was glaringly obvious (a) that Djokovic couldn't carry the high level of play he showed in the first set of both into the second, especially in the Monaco match, and (b) that he seemed to get rattled easily (nervousness at having yet another title to defend perhaps?) when his opponents, Ferrer in particular, started pushing him in the second set while his own game was slipping.  We were also seeing occasional glimpses of negative body-language from him, something which was absent last year.

Against Monaco he managed only one ace in the entire match, and that was in the 12th game of the 2nd set, but served 3 DFs.  In the second set his forehand was misfiring badly and the number of UEs started to rise alarmingly.  Monaco's one great failing was his inability to capitalise on BPs, twice letting the score go from 0-40 to deuce.  Had things been otherwise a decider would have beckoned.

I cannot believe the Monaco match did much for Djokovic's confidence going into the final, but nothing can be taken for granted and Andy will have to play his A game right from the start.  If he can win the first set I believe he has a very good chance of lifting the title.
A perfect summary Aileen. clap
Nole will not dwell on his little blips in the 2nd but it shows that he's not able to sustain throughout a match. He's gonna be under pressure from Andy from the kick off. cmon yeah cmonandy udaman
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 10:35 AM »

A certain someone has been voting secret service agent  I wonder who they voted for Think
Not that you want to intimidate the voters or anything!! shocking
IP Logged
colsandbradders
Satellite Level

Novandy gives the best hugs.

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 10:41 AM »

Wouldn't it be a great year if it's mostly Andy/Novak matches? Because It's happening quite often now o_o

I love Novak but I will always choose Andy over him. Smile

But seriously, I just want more Murray/Djo matches. I just find them so entertaining to watch. Also because my best friend's favourite player is Novak, and mine is Murray, and I love watching my man beat his Very Happy
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #24 on: March 31, 2012, 10:46 AM »

colsandbradders, clap Yes! I personally want them to contest every final this year. An end to Fedal, I say. thumb up
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 10:58 AM »

Not that you want to intimidate the voters or anything!! shocking

Moi?  nah  innocent  They've been very quiet of late and was interested what thread they were checking out.  It's something that everyone can do. secret service agent

I haven't voted btw.  
[ Last edit by Bevc March 31, 2012, 11:01 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 10:59 AM »

Mornng Caz.  wave

I agree with you, Andy will be working his 'ol magic on Sunday.

I'm also determined to enjoy it, but I wonder how anyone can say they enjoy Andy matches at these times?  Anxious
We're all so desperate for him to succeed, but as fans the ups and downs of the Murray game cant be classified a pure enjoyment! w00t confused

Morning Lashurst!  wave
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 11:00 AM »

There's 2 traitors now! grr 
Okay, own up. Total tranparancy on MW!

It aint me, by the way! no
Never thought it was!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #28 on: March 31, 2012, 11:03 AM »

Love the pics, the two good friend/rivals smiling the Mona Lisa smile at each other. A mirror image almost and an interesting choice Bev.

I get a civilised time, 7pm  sorry for you my friend up at dawn (again)!

I'd seen the photo of Andy on FB and John had posted it too, so just went from there for Novak's.

Good job I have a supply of Tetley's tea in is all I can say! blink
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #29 on: March 31, 2012, 11:07 AM »

Have'nt been able to follow this tournament so am catching up now I'm hoping that even with 2  walk overs and lack of match practice Murray will prevail. Maybe being with Lendl will add extra determination to win.
It would be great, now that Murray has broken his jinx with Miami, if he were to add the title as well
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »