Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy? - 35 (81.4%)
Novak? - 5 (11.6%)
Undecided? - 3 (7%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic  (Read 6200 times)
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #630 on: April 03, 2012, 02:00 PM »

I too have some doubts sometimes, although I'm not accusing anyone of anything.

I'm thinking in particular of Nadal's semi at the AO vs Verdasco in 09. Nadal declared himself virtually dead after that match and was on his way to the referee's office to scratch. He was somehow persuaded to play Federer, though, and beat him in five long sets.

I wonder too about the Djoker's remarkable transformation from exhausted semi-finalist to all-conquering hero. Can it really just be down to an emotional DC win and ditching a bit of gluten?

I'm not so sure.
They have their eggs and other stuff for sure but it will not be more than grey area at worst.
Remember the 12hour thing with Isner and Mahut?
Neither of whom can be called the fittest players on the tour now can they. And yet they could pull that off.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #631 on: April 03, 2012, 02:30 PM »

'Eggs'?

I have suspicions about Mahut-Isner, too.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #632 on: April 03, 2012, 02:32 PM »

This egg Grabber.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/novak-djokovic-pressurized-cvac-space-egg-helped-climb/story?id=14406674
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #633 on: April 03, 2012, 03:00 PM »

It used to be that athletes used to draw of some blood months before a big meet.  This apparently enriched the blood of the athlete putting more oxygen into the body. Perhaps this is what the "Egg" does and helps the body to recover or give an athlete an edge. I remember Lasse Viren a Finnish athlete did this a long time ago. It was banned, but I think athletes blood is taken and still tested.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #634 on: April 03, 2012, 03:08 PM »

Personally would prefer it if you kept a trappist silence steveb if all you can come up with is such negativitity based on no evidence.

Oh and theycanbillme I forgot about Andy coming forward to net at AO.  I'm afraid my memory isn't too good these days and matches often become something of a blur in retrospect - so I retract that comment  Whistle

He does it often against Nadal as well. In fact its one of his best plays and as a tactic has helped him get by Nadal on hardcourts in a number of occassions, Tokyo being a spectacular example. I just wished he used in Wimbledon as well, but maybe this time he will.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #635 on: April 03, 2012, 06:42 PM »

As a new person I am quite shocked by some of the negative comments on a site that I thought was about supporting Murray. If some of these comments are meant to be by fans of Murray, I shudder to think what the comments must be like on a site that is against him. Very like some of the comments you get on Daily Mail (sorry for swearing), after he has lost. I think it will take Lendl more than the 3 months they have had so far to bring about any real change. They have to try many things, some of which might not work initially. I intend to give it 18 months before deciding it hasn't worked. Will he managed to get a GS? I hope so for his sake. Even if he doesn't he is still a joy to watch, when he is on form. After watching Nadal and NJ's marathon matches at the AO, 10 hours with no visible signs of fatigue. I am not convinced that there are not other factors involved in their achievements. I will probably get violently shot down for even suggesting that. Equally I am entitled to an opinion. I am not sure it is an even playing field. I await to see how Nadal performs in the clay court season. Will it be another magical recovery...?
Masaka it is true there are always a few inveterate moaners on MW who are down on Andy like a ton of bricks at the first slip.  But the great majority are stalwart supporters through the downs as well as the ups of the AM roller coaster even if sometimes constructively critical supporters.  Note we seem to have attracted at least one  imposter newbie who is posting negative comments about Andy from the word go.  Don't be put off by them.  And welcome aboard the roller coaster.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #636 on: April 03, 2012, 07:26 PM »

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate some of the comments are born out of frustration. I am slightly wary about commenting too much as I don't know anything about tennis, but I think an on form Murray is more entertaining to watch than the others. I have only been following since Queens last year, but have decided I don't like Nadal. Regardless of what extra "support" I think he might be getting, I don't think he plays fairly. He seems to have too many medical time outs without anything looking wrong. When Murray was ill in the match recently, at the end he looked like somebody who had been playing while he was feeling rough. Nadal and NJ don't seem to. As somebody with duff joints I can't help but be suspicious of the magically healing joints. As for a gluten free diet, I did one for about a year but didn't find it suddenly gave me endless levels of energy. Hence my cynicism.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #637 on: April 03, 2012, 07:35 PM »

Yes Masaka as Ruthie said we have our highs and lows on MW. I think we all want the best for Andy we get a bit fustrated. When he is brilliant he is brilliant and we get a bit annoyed when he plays badly. It is not far into the tennis season and I am sure he will get better as we get more into it. I am sure he will improve as the year goes on.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #638 on: April 03, 2012, 07:41 PM »

I am looking forward to seeing him play on clay and hopefully people on here will explain how the different surface impacts on the game and the players.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #639 on: April 03, 2012, 07:43 PM »

As a new person I am quite shocked by some of the negative comments on a site that I thought was about supporting Murray. If some of these comments are meant to be by fans of Murray, I shudder to think what the comments must be like on a site that is against him. Very like some of the comments you get on Daily Mail (sorry for swearing), after he has lost. I think it will take Lendl more than the 3 months they have had so far to bring about any real change. They have to try many things, some of which might not work initially. I intend to give it 18 months before deciding it hasn't worked. Will he managed to get a GS? I hope so for his sake. Even if he doesn't he is still a joy to watch, when he is on form. After watching Nadal and NJ's marathon matches at the AO, 10 hours with no visible signs of fatigue. I am not convinced that there are not other factors involved in their achievements. I will probably get violently shot down for even suggesting that. Equally I am entitled to an opinion. I am not sure it is an even playing field. I await to see how Nadal performs in the clay court season. Will it be another magical recovery...?

Welcome to MW Masaka, these are just some of the highs and lows of supporting Murray, sometimes it can be hard and people vent their frustration in a negative manner, it is easily done.  99% of us are just such real fans and want Andy to win so badly.  He is an awesome talent, brilliant player and all round unassuming nice guy, I have supported him since he was a gangly teenager making his first appearance at Wimbledon.  It will happen, we just have to believe and in the meantime enjoy the highs, of which there are many and slowly but surely the lows are disappearing.  At the end of the day the result on Sunday was disappointing but last year he lost in the second round to a player who was ranked outside the top 100, I know which result I would rather have and the fact he ran Djoko close in the second set whilst playing way below par was an encouraging sign.  So onwards and upwards and am pretty sure during 2012 we will be celebrating more than commiserating!!!!  C'mon the Muzza....
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #640 on: April 03, 2012, 07:47 PM »

Hello Masaka!  Good posting, though I'm not agreeing that Nadal & Djokovic did not look fatigued after the AO. Wasn't that the one they could hardly stand up through the ceremony afterwards?
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #641 on: April 03, 2012, 08:40 PM »

I stand corrected. Although the cynic within me says, they did not seem to be showing fatigue when they were playing. Both Nadal and NJ sometimes seem worthy of acting awards as well as tennis awards. They both seem to constantly complain of illness, injury or fatigue yet still manage to trounce the opposition. It is more of a gut feeling than anything. As somebody has said there is no concrete evidence to suggest either of them are not playing by the rules.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #642 on: April 03, 2012, 08:53 PM »

I stand corrected. Although the cynic within me says, they did not seem to be showing fatigue when they were playing. Both Nadal and NJ sometimes seem worthy of acting awards as well as tennis awards. They both seem to constantly complain of illness, injury or fatigue yet still manage to trounce the opposition. It is more of a gut feeling than anything. As somebody has said there is no concrete evidence to suggest either of them are not playing by the rules.

Hi Masaka, welcome to MW. I agree with you on both counts, Nadal is very good at mind games as well though and I do think Novak is in danger of becoming another Federer (in attitude)
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #643 on: April 03, 2012, 10:00 PM »

Hi Masaka, welcome to MW. I agree with you on both counts, Nadal is very good at mind games as well though and I do think Novak is in danger of becoming another Federer (in attitude)

Sadly I have to agree with you on both counts Tessie.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami F: Murray vs Djokovic « Reply #644 on: April 04, 2012, 06:31 PM »

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate some of the comments are born out of frustration. I am slightly wary about commenting too much as I don't know anything about tennis, but I think an on form Murray is more entertaining to watch than the others. I have only been following since Queens last year, but have decided I don't like Nadal. Regardless of what extra "support" I think he might be getting, I don't think he plays fairly. He seems to have too many medical time outs without anything looking wrong. When Murray was ill in the match recently, at the end he looked like somebody who had been playing while he was feeling rough. Nadal and NJ don't seem to. As somebody with duff joints I can't help but be suspicious of the magically healing joints. As for a gluten free diet, I did one for about a year but didn't find it suddenly gave me endless levels of energy. Hence my cynicism.
Masaka I don't know much about tennis either but I'm learning thanks to my friends here on MW and watching alot more of it in last few years.  So don't let that stop you commenting; not everyone is an expert here on MW  w00t
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »