Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the future
Andy in 2 - 19 (52.8%)
Andy in 3 - 14 (38.9%)
Chilly in 2 - 1 (2.8%)
Chilly in 3 - 0 (0%)
No stupid option available this time - 2 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 59 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic

(Read 10699 times)
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 09:30 AM »

Haha, me too.  I know it's wrong, and I do like Djokovic, but I think it's good that he's not invincible, which will make the rest of the season more competitive.  Obviously, this leaves Andy as the top seed left in the tournament, but it also shows that you cannot presume that the higher seed is going to win.  I've been fed up of people on here insisting that Nole would finish off matches much more quickly etc, so this is a good reality check for people with unrealistic expectations.

First things first, Cilic needs to be dealt with.  Andy should win, but then Nole should have too. No room for complacency. nervous
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 09:42 AM »

Tommy haas has defeated djokovic in straight sets. He will be 35 next week.

There's hope for us all ! Nice to see you posting  again
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 10:06 AM »

Really surprised that Haas beat Novak! Great result for him.

I never enjoy Cilic/Andy matches particularly, mainly because three of their slam meetings were very nerve-wracking (and one of those Andy lost...) If Andy improves on his level from the last match he should be ok though - and Cilic may have in the back of his mind their USO meeting where he let his lead slip away.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 10:13 AM »

Djokovic beaten in straight sets?? W.O.W yay
Dunno why I'm so happy. w00t
  Yes, but bang go my hopes of Andy avenging the Scots defeat last night in Novi Sad!:D
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 10:31 AM »

I believe the h2h is Andy 7 Cilic 1
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 10:42 AM »

Djokovic beaten in straight sets?? W.O.W yay
Dunno why I'm so happy. w00t

cos this should be our tournament to win now
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 10:43 AM »

Is it wrong that I hope Cilic has the US Open in his head when he steps out to play Andy? It can't do much for a player to know they've played their best and still haven't been able to win. As for Andy, he just needs to remember he has got three sets to play with, not five, and so he needs to come out firing from the off.

If the Andy who played Seppi comes out and lifts his level again, I could see this being straight sets, but if Cilic decides to get clever I think it will be three. Either way, whether by straightforward journey or via a detour, I don't see any winner other than Andy.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 11:21 AM »

Really hope Andy starts as quickly as he did against Seppi,but then keeps it up throughout the whole match-he'll have to. I know he managed to turn it around at the USO (and I've actually watched that match a couple times because I really enjoy watching the comeback) but he was aided there in a very healthy way by Cilic himself!

C'mon Andy,play like we know you can and this is yours to lose.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 11:54 AM »

I believe the h2h is Andy 7 Cilic 1

That's right, Tamila. And 4 of those wins were on hard court.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 11:59 AM »

Really hope Andy starts as quickly as he did against Seppi,but then keeps it up throughout the whole match-he'll have to. I know he managed to turn it around at the USO (and I've actually watched that match a couple times because I really enjoy watching the comeback) but he was aided there in a very healthy way by Cilic himself!

C'mon Andy,play like we know you can and this is yours to lose.

HaHa! Much easier on the nerves when you know he actually did make a comeback. The first two sets gave me palpitations. Andy came into that match carrying some attitude, probably because he was shunted from Ashe court. That was one rollercoaster, not for the faint-hearted!

This time they are meeting on his turf.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 12:15 PM »

I am going for Andy in 3sets for this match. But I think it will be a tough one Cilic playing really really well, so Andy will have to be sharp from the off. Hope I'm wrong and Andy can win in 2.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 12:30 PM »

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=C977&oId=MC10

Here it is : 71 indeed H2H Cilic Murray
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 12:43 PM »

Anyone has any idea at what time Andy might play his next match against Cilic? I know it's tomorrow but any guesses as to what time?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 12:43 PM »

HaHa! Much easier on the nerves when you know he actually did make a comeback. The first two sets gave me palpitations. Andy came into that match carrying some attitude, probably because he was shunted from Ashe court. That was one rollercoaster, not for the faint-hearted!
Isn't it just Scotnadian!I remember,I actually had to be up really early the next day,and that was a match played at night,so I ended up having to go to bed before the comeback,and it was agonizing!I woke up the next morning dreading hearing the result-and wasn't I over the moon to hear he'd managed to turn it around! Very Happy
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 12:59 PM »

Andy will know this is a tough match so he'll be in Grand Slam mode ie. 100% focussed. Always more chance of an upset in a best of 3 (Joker would have won in 5 yesterday if it was a Slam) but Andy to win in 2.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »