Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the future
Andy in 2 - 19 (52.8%)
Andy in 3 - 14 (38.9%)
Chilly in 2 - 1 (2.8%)
Chilly in 3 - 0 (0%)
No stupid option available this time - 2 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 59 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic

(Read 11325 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 01:34 PM »

Apparently it was reported on the radio this morning that Andy has tweaked a calf muscle.  Someone on here did say he seemed to hobble a bit at the end of the first set.  His movement seemed OK in the second, but that can happen when the adrenaline is running.  Hopefully having today off will help.  What a bummer though. Frown
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 02:19 PM »

Ooh god that's all we need Frown
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 02:29 PM »

Yeah, we discussed that here at the end of the first set. He walked diffirent and it looks like his right calf muscle was cramping (but not good to see). Hope he will be fine soon, couln't see any news about this on internet...(only the news that the draw is open for him now....)
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 02:32 PM »

Andy said in his presser that, although he had felt a twinge when he went for a difficult shot, it was absolutely fine and that there was no stiffness even though he had cooled down. 
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 02:33 PM »

^ That's encouraging.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 02:40 PM »

Great win for Haas the other night....was pleased for him...especially with his wife and kid watching. Haas played a clever match against Djoko...it wasnt so much Djoko having a bad match ...he played well in parts.

Anyway means little for Andy if he doesnt reach the final.

Should be a good match v Cilic...Andy never has it easy against him.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #36 on: March 27, 2013, 02:48 PM »

I always enjoy watching Andy play the big servers Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #37 on: March 27, 2013, 02:54 PM »

Cilic is a bit mental against the top players. Otherwise he has the game to take them down on a given day he's feeling good about his game.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #38 on: March 27, 2013, 03:05 PM »

So no clue, eh as to at what time Andy might play tomorrow? It's just that I have hired a couple of people to come over and do some spring cleaning at 4:30pm and it seems I may need to rearrange it. They gave me two specific time frames – it would either have to be at 8:30am in the morning or 4:30pm in the afternoon and I wanna sleep in tomorrow since I took the day off. Such dilemma! Dam it.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #39 on: March 27, 2013, 03:10 PM »

So no clue, eh as to at what time Andy might play tomorrow? It's just that I have hired a couple of people to come over and do some spring cleaning at 4:30pm and it seems I may need to rearrange it. They gave me two specific time frames – it would either have to be at 8:30am in the morning or 4:30pm in the afternoon and I wanna sleep in tomorrow since I took the day off. Such dilemma! Dam it.

Ivan Lendl is most amused.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #40 on: March 27, 2013, 03:14 PM »

Andy said in his presser that, although he had felt a twinge when he went for a difficult shot, it was absolutely fine and that there was no stiffness even though he had cooled down. 
That's good to hear.  Probably just as well though that he's got a day's break.  I do wish the media wouldn't scare us with reports like that. Rolling Eyes

Great win for Haas the other night....was pleased for him...especially with his wife and kid watching. Haas played a clever match against Djoko...it wasnt so much Djoko having a bad match ...he played well in parts.

Anyway means little for Andy if he doesnt reach the final.

Should be a good match v Cilic...Andy never has it easy against him.
According to Djoko "As far as I'm concerned, it's definitely the worst match I have played in a long time."  Well I wouldn't disagree with that, and I've rarely seen him look so rattled, but it doesn't take away from the fact that Haas was playing superb tennis.

I expect another Murray-coaster here with a win in 3.  The USO 2009 defeat may have been due in part to a wrist problem, but in truth Andy never really looked like he was in the match.

IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #41 on: March 27, 2013, 03:19 PM »

I'd say that Andy's more likely to have the night session tomorrow - if it follows today's schedule, then the match won't start before 9pm local time.

Otherwise, it'll probably be played at 3pm local time.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #42 on: March 27, 2013, 03:25 PM »

May be there's one solution; cleaning with Andy Smile
  (this commercial is about this cleaning product named.... Andy, doný think they sell this in GB as well?)
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #43 on: March 27, 2013, 03:26 PM »

I've voted Andy in 2 Unswaying belief and optimism.  pray However, I am prepared for a 2nd set dip after an initial 1st set win, only to bounce back in the 3rd. He's so close to having a go at the title, it's in his sights and not to mention Psssst... (hush, hush)  ... the world No. 2 spot if he wins the Masters.

Icing on the cake should he make it!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #44 on: March 27, 2013, 03:37 PM »

I'd say that Andy's more likely to have the night session tomorrow - if it follows today's schedule, then the match won't start before 9pm local time.

Otherwise, it'll probably be played at 3pm local time.
Oh heck that'll mean 1 am here, but I suppose it's too much to expect a fourth consecutive 7 pm start.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »