Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the future
Andy in 2 - 19 (52.8%)
Andy in 3 - 14 (38.9%)
Chilly in 2 - 1 (2.8%)
Chilly in 3 - 0 (0%)
No stupid option available this time - 2 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 59 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic  (Read 9900 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #120 on: March 27, 2013, 11:01 PM »

kiss
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #121 on: March 27, 2013, 11:05 PM »

I think if Murray is to have a realistic chance of being #1 in the next 12 months this tournie could be a watershed moment. It's a long, long road but he's already put in a good few miles. If Murray was to win in Miami - great, #2 and a confidence boost. Also gains 1000+ on Djokovic and the Joker's confidence and aura of invincibility has been slightly dented. Then it's the clay court swing where Murray has numerous opportunities to gain points on Djokovic.

Basically he needs to have him reeled in by the end of Roland Garros as after that it is Murray who is defending more points. So so much of this could all ride on the draws during the clay swing as (IMO) Nadal will still be a slight favorite yet could meet either Murray or Djokovic in the QF of any of the bigger tournaments.

First thing's first - give Cilic a beat down like the last 20 games of USO! C'mon the Murray   yay

Yup ...that was a bad loss for Djoko last night... he was defending 1000 points in this tourno. Whilst Djoko is ahead by a large amount of points at the mo... If Murray wins this tourno and has a good clay season he will be right in there challenging for the top spot.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #122 on: March 27, 2013, 11:17 PM »

Andy will be comfortable with the 3 p.m. slot, if his matches were changed to the evening the conditions change and he would have to adjust accordingly.  I'm happy for him to play at the same time for every match, leaving others to adjust to the conditions.  Cilic will be a hard match but I think the previous h2h will not be lost on Cilic.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #123 on: March 27, 2013, 11:29 PM »

I think the Final might be at 3pm Miami time so Andy will be well used to it......if he gets that far!

That's a good point - at least he'll be well-adjusted if he gets that far. I've got a good feeling about this tournament - quite refreshing not having to play the other top 4 players though of course the remaining players won't make it easy either. Berdych's the one I'm most nervous about, but perhaps he won't get to the SF anyway.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #124 on: March 27, 2013, 11:36 PM »

I'm a bit annoyed at certain sections of the press who have Andy winning the tournament now that Djoko's out.  Just shows how little they know about tennis!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #125 on: March 27, 2013, 11:38 PM »

^ Well - it's not a given, but not a huge leap either.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #126 on: March 27, 2013, 11:44 PM »

I'm a bit annoyed at certain sections of the press who have Andy winning the tournament now that Djoko's out.  Just shows how little they know about tennis!

Ive been celebrating the win since Djoker fell out Very Happy
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #127 on: March 27, 2013, 11:46 PM »

Ive been celebrating the win since Djoker fell out Very Happy

Don't go jinxing it!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #128 on: March 27, 2013, 11:48 PM »

lmao Fab,as always!Missed your brilliance.Thanks,Bev Smile

There you are.
Where have you been, lass?

Bev, your H2H was very original with the old photos.... Liked it.
You are the H2H Queen.

Nice to be missed but have been staying clear of MW.  Some real negative vibes were going on so hopefully a corner has been turned crossfingers

I've tried to find some coverage of their first meeting but appears to be very little about.

Found this though - how Judy's hair colour has changed Whistle

http://www.t3licensing.com/video/clip/1BG10064_0002.do
IP Logged
Hamish McHamish
Satellite Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #129 on: March 27, 2013, 11:52 PM »

Anyone else find it strange that 6 of their 8 H2H meetings have been over 5 sets....Murray needs to focus from the off cause he won't have that luxury tomorrow. Also, if he beats Cilic, Berdych and Ferrer to win then that's more than a worthy run-in to any title.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #130 on: March 27, 2013, 11:53 PM »

Anyone else find it strange that 6 of their 8 H2H meetings have been over 5 sets....Murray needs to focus from the off cause he won't have that luxury tomorrow. Also, if he beats Cilic, Berdych and Ferrer to win then that's more than a worthy run-in to any title.

Hello Hamish, you haven't been here much have you.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #131 on: March 27, 2013, 11:55 PM »

^ One match at a time.  That's my philosophy.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #132 on: March 28, 2013, 12:00 AM »

Don't go jinxing it!
That's one reason why I'm annoyed at the press getting way ahead of things.  I hate it when they jump the gun like this and then start criticising Andy if he doesn't deliver.

^ One match at a time.  That's my philosophy.
Mine too, although it's difficult sometimes not speculate.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #133 on: March 28, 2013, 12:01 AM »

That's one reason why I'm annoyed at the press getting way ahead of things.  I hate it when they jump the gun like this and then start criticising Andy if he doesn't deliver.

TRUTH!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #134 on: March 28, 2013, 12:07 AM »

Thanks Very Happy

Here you go.  My inspiration?  Their first meeting back in 2007, which I have on dvd, thanks to fellow MWer Hulahoop hug

cmonandy

Aw thanks Bev, that's lovely. I didn't have the time or technology to be such a committed Andy fan back then, but it must have been exciting. Hope to see many more of your H2Hs.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »