Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predict the future
Andy in 2 - 19 (52.8%)
Andy in 3 - 14 (38.9%)
Chilly in 2 - 1 (2.8%)
Chilly in 3 - 0 (0%)
No stupid option available this time - 2 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 59 Go Down Reply
Author

Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic

(Read 10594 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #135 on: March 28, 2013, 12:20 AM »

May be there's one solution; cleaning with Andy Smile
  (this commercial is about this cleaning product named.... Andy, donĂ½ think they sell this in GB as well?)

Love that!
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #136 on: March 28, 2013, 04:05 AM »

leave it to you smart ones to find handy andy and andy cleaner.  Perhaps Andy can use it to clean up on Cilic tomorrow.

Good luck Andy, I hope you come out hitting aces and hitting great returns.  Cilic is going to remember that beating you gave him at the Open and be filled with revenge.  So come with your A game ready for anything he hits at you.  Just let your racquet do the talking, and may the force be with you..  cmonandy Bagpipes
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #137 on: March 28, 2013, 07:34 AM »

Anyone else find it strange that 6 of their 8 H2H meetings have been over 5 sets....Murray needs to focus from the off cause he won't have that luxury tomorrow. Also, if he beats Cilic, Berdych and Ferrer to win then that's more than a worthy run-in to any title.

Good point. Murray more vulnerable in 3 setter imo, esp as he is prone to slow starts and cillic prone too quick ones.

Im nervous....just want him to win soo bad!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #138 on: March 28, 2013, 09:06 AM »

Andy will be comfortable with the 3 p.m. slot, if his matches were changed to the evening the conditions change and he would have to adjust accordingly.  I'm happy for him to play at the same time for every match, leaving others to adjust to the conditions.  Cilic will be a hard match but I think the previous h2h will not be lost on Cilic.
I agree Iris.  I was surprised when I discovered just now that Andy didn't have the evening slot as he will be the big draw today.  But I suspect Andy asked for the afternoon slot both for the reason you give and because he is used to the Miami heat [though not sure it is hot right now? but even if it's not, it will be cooler in evening as Nole discovered to his cost].  Good for us as doesn't require a late night to watch it.  I've voted Andy in 3 as like others I fear Cilic could get off to the faster start.  
Like Aileen I'm getting annoyed with the press who already have Andy at no2 now that Nole is out.  You just can't underestimate the players he would have to beat to win this title even with Nole out of it. And I'm quite sure Andy won't be doing so.  Fortunately he won't be reading the British media but I hope they're not constantly questioning him about it as it could make him more nervy.  Anyway come on Andy  cmon yeah cmon yeah

That was unnerving as my avatar disappeared but it's back.  I read that there are big problems on the net involving Cloudfare who I think power this website so I guess we could have some difficulties with access.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #139 on: March 28, 2013, 09:42 AM »

Ruthie you put it all so well I was disappointed too but I accept your explanation that it is all for the best. Hopefully the heat, if there is any, will bother Cilic. As for Murray's progress I constantly am anxious about Ferrer He has been playing v well this season and would be a potential meeting if Murray makes the final     
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #140 on: March 28, 2013, 10:59 AM »

bb I thought Ferrer has been looking rather tired and ragged.  I'm more worried about Birdy (provided Andy wins today and I never take anything for granted) so let's hope for plenty of wind in Miami tomorrow and therefore a repeat of USO SF.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #141 on: March 28, 2013, 11:18 AM »

I agree Ruthie, the press should not be getting too far ahead of themselves regarding Andy's progress.  Imagine what it is going to be like when Wimbledon comes around if this is an example of the coverage for a Masters on the other side of the ocean! naughty
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #142 on: March 28, 2013, 12:25 PM »

Although it's annoying that Andy, being the big draw left in the competition, isn't getting night matches, I'm happy for him to remain in the afternoon matches for the rest of the competition now... he's used to it, so no reason to change...
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #143 on: March 28, 2013, 12:47 PM »

Although it's annoying that Andy, being the big draw left in the competition, isn't getting night matches, I'm happy for him to remain in the afternoon matches for the rest of the competition now... he's used to it, so no reason to change...

Exactly my thoughts, but lets not forget how fast he got used to conditions in the Aussie Open SF.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #144 on: March 28, 2013, 12:48 PM »

Exactly my thoughts, but lets not forget how fast he got used to conditions in the Aussie Open SF.

5 sets
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #145 on: March 28, 2013, 12:49 PM »

5 sets

I don't think it took 5 sets because of the conditions. I just think Murray got a bit tight and so gifted Federer the second and fourth sets.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #146 on: March 28, 2013, 12:54 PM »

I don't think it took 5 sets because of the conditions. I just think Murray got a bit tight and so gifted Federer the second and fourth sets.

He should have won in 3, he made it hard for himself.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #147 on: March 28, 2013, 01:14 PM »

PE I suspect Andy asked for the afternoon slot.  As the highest seed and biggest  name left in the tournament I imagine he has some clout (as does Mr L of course). And it must help that he trains on these courts.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #148 on: March 28, 2013, 01:57 PM »

^ with Semi Finals tomorrow, it's better to play earlier today.
IP Logged
wildster

Re: Miami QF: Andy Murray vs Marin Cilic « Reply #149 on: March 28, 2013, 02:04 PM »

Wow, Andy is really strong favourite with the bookies, you are only getting odds of 1.9 for him to win the tournament on Betfair.
http://www.betfair.com/exchange/tennis/market?id=1.108562725 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 59 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »